Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Where does the Brandon Knight for MCW trade rank

In dumbest trades ever? The Bucks were rolling with this guy. And it looks like he's even better this year. Putting up 30 10 15, 38 11 6 in 2 of his last 3.

I realise he was due for a contract extension but you rarely see guys leave a team that just had a successful year these days. They paid Khris Middleton, why not Knight?

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Moronic. MCW is a god awful shooter.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

i just finished explaining this to someone too. he got those numbers against the lakers and denver (rookie pg). Knight is still a solid PG but solid PGs are everywhere

scholesy
    [Too Long]
    scholesy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1685

I think J.Kidd sees a lot of himself in M.C.W.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

They paid Khris Middleton, why not Knight?

Because they play the same position. They have a big 3 of Monroe/ Anteto/ Middleton and then J.Parker further down the line, so they have to spend carefully.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    They paid Khris Middleton, why not Knight?

Because they play the same position. They have a big 3 of Monroe/ Anteto/ Middleton and then J.Parker further down the line, so they have to spend carefully.
    Middleton is not a PG....lol

IBetYou

Neither is Knight

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    Middleton is not a PG....lol
    Unreal. ESPN is just a click away and some people just insist on embarrassing themselves.

Seto

Neither is Knight
    What is he then? A center? Did you even watch 1 Milwaukee game last year before he got traded?

IBetYou

Detroit tried him there for years and it didn't work. Then in Milwaukee J.Kidd had Anteto running the pg spot in summer league. Why? Hello? More to being a pg than being normal sized.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    What is he then? A center? Did you even watch 1 Milwaukee game last year before he got traded?
    Now you're just being immature.

Seto

Yeah because anything that happens with the Detroit Pistons sure is a benchmark for how good a player is. Lol.

Check the Bucks record before the trade last year. Then check their record since the trade (end of last year and start of this year). That should tell you enough. Trying to argue whether he is a conventional PG or not in today's NBA is laughable. You could argue Bledsoe isn't either. The Suns sure don't seem to care. If you think Knight and Middleton couldn't coexist in that starting lineup you have zero understanding of how today's game works.

I swear the idiots on this site

IBetYou

Bledsoe is a pg because he has excellent court vision & passing ability. Knight doesn't.

The Bucks wouldn't have been able to get Monroe this summer is they had kept Knight. If you can't see the logic in that then try not to think too much.

HTH

Seto

Bledsoe is a pg because he has excellent court vision & passing ability. Knight doesn't.

The Bucks wouldn't have been able to get Monroe this summer is they had kept Knight. If you can't see the logic in that then try not to think too much.

HTH
    So you don't understand basketball and now you don't understand how the salary cap works either.

They could've signed Monroe and then given Knight an extension to go over the cap because he was already their player.

IBetYou

You can't extend a restricted free agent

IBetYou

this guy

IBetYou

Brandon Knight's tunnel vision is actually well documented. Try reading a paper some time.

louielouie
    louielouie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

It was a terrible trade -- proof is in the pudding -- Suns playing like a top 6 in the west Bucks might miss playoffs in the east

Seto

You can't extend a restricted free agent
    Oh really? What did OKC do with Enes Kanter then? Did they not go over the cap when they matched Portland's offer?

Dude just stop. You've buried yourself from the moment you entered this thread comparing a wing player to a point guard.

Seto

Brandon Knight's tunnel vision is actually well documented. Try reading a paper some time.
    Look - I'll leave it at this. The record doesn't lie. Milwaukee was doing much better with him than they have done with MCW. Anyone with a clue has noticed this, and if you haven't, just fukking look at their results over the last 2 years.

IBetYou

Oh really? What did OKC do with Enes Kanter then? Did they not go over the cap when they matched Portland's offer?

They re-signed Kanter. That's not the same as extending. Milwaukee would have had to re-sign Knight. The Suns are paying him 14Mil a year. You dopes keep calling this MCW vs Knight... it's Monroe vs Knight. It was a move made to set the franchise up for the next 10-15 years with great young nucleus (monroe/ parker/ amteto/ middleton). To judge it based on 12 games is ludicrous.

Seto

Oh so now we're arguing semantics. How cute. I didn't realise you were referring to the fact that I said "extend" Knight instead of "re-sign". I obviously meant re-sign. Geez.

So, to run this through you again, they could have signed Monroe and re-signed Knight/Middleton and had a Knight Middleton Parker Giannis Monroe starting 5. If you'd rather have MCW out there and have 2 or 3 players with no range in your starting 5, suit yourself. You won't win in the 2015 NBA with that though.

The only reason they didn't re-sign Knight was because they didn't think he was worth the money, and, as some other poster in this thread mentioned, Jason Kidd probably sees some of himself in MCW. If you don't like Brandon Knight as a player that's cool. But the fact is Milwaukee did much better with him. If you hadn't come out with your ridiculous "Knight and Middleton play the same position" nonsense we could've just agreed to disagree on Knight as a player and moved on.

IBetYou

Try not to get so worked up buddy I wasn't arguing semantics, I assumed you were confused. Big difference between one and the other. I heard they didn't have enough to sign both Knight AND Monroe -regardless of order a restricted FA assumes a 'cap hold'. I don't think Kidd likes MCW ...sees himself in him give me a fkn break!

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Knight has his flaws, not being able to run an offence for example but he was never going to re-sign with Milwaukee

Seto

Try not to get so worked up buddy I wasn't arguing semantics, I assumed you were confused. Big difference between one and the other. I heard they didn't have enough to sign both Knight AND Monroe -regardless of order a restricted FA assumes a 'cap hold'. I don't think Kidd likes MCW ...sees himself in him give me a fkn break!
    I was only quoting another guy from this thread about the Kidd/MCW thing, saying it seemed possible to me. Also I think Magic said something to that effect last year (although Magic says a lot of stupid shit).

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Black View Post
    Knight has his flaws, not being able to run an offence for example but he was never going to re-sign with Milwaukee
    Why wouldn't he have re-signed with Milwaukee? I can't think of a single recent free agent who left a successful team that wanted to keep him outside of LeBron James. With Middleton re-upping and Monroe coming to town, I think the project could have been attractive to him.