ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Officials dictate the outcome of yet another NBA game

Had no cash on this one at all, simply watching for entertainment. I am a big fan of "letting them play" at the end of the game, but couple the contact well prior to LeBron even jumping with the contact while he was in the air, you gotta blow the effin whistle! He grabbed his left arm well before he even tried to pull off a shot!

I guess LeBron has to wait a few years, and then he will get all the calls like most super-stars do. The Cavs got hosed tonight, that was a foul...

fearless
    fearless's Avatar Become A Pro!

How about Rasheed Wallace just throwing Anderson Varejao to the ground before making his game winning shot? No foul! That was rediculous.

ShowMeDaMoney

NBA is so fixed its gross. They want a Spurs\Detroit Finals for ratings. It's a sport where the refs can single handedly change the outcome of the game by calling a tight game on one specific player. While I don't think the Lebron play would be called a foul 100% of the time, I CERTAINLY think it could have been called a foul at least 60% of the time. That's why I refuse to put money on such a BS sport.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I'm sure LeBron in the finals would be better for ratings. That said, Queen James and the Cavs just can't finish in the 4th quarters.

I'm not sure if Sasha's travel or LeBron's whip pass to the Detroit benchwarmers was more impressive.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

And I'm pretty sure Mike Brown is mentally challenged.

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

That's why I can't watch any sports as a "fan." All of the North American major sports are all so referee dictated it is ridiculous. If it wasn't for betting/handicapping I'd probably just read a lot more. People who waste their time being "fans" and sweat out an entire season just to see which way a referee makes a call when the season is on the line are losers....

ShowMeDaMoney

BigBollocks~ Ya know, I completely agree with you, but I am guilty of sweating our the Red Sox almost every single year. With baseball, the season usually doesn't come down to a single second in which the ref dictates weather or not you win the game though... not nearly as often anyhow. That being said, Cleveland definitely played like a second rate team in the fourth, but IMO still should have won the game had the game been called correctly.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Didn't watch the game, because, well, I'd rather watch the WNBA than Eastern Conference basketball, but after watching the Spurs/Suns and Spurs/Jazz series, I'm certainly not surprised.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeDaMoney View Post
    NBA is so fixed its gross. They want a Spurs\Detroit Finals for ratings.
    I honestly don't know anyone who would watch that series.

ShowMeDaMoney

Maybe I am completely wrong about that statement that the NBA wants a Spurs\Detroit series. But it's the colliding of two monster teams who have controlled basicly the last 8 years of basketball in their respective conferences.

I see why you say it might not get great ratings, two boring teams... I guess what I meant to say is that the NBA is so referee dictated it makes the sport not worth watching.

ShowMeDaMoney

Don't have tons of time to read, though I did skin through the first two parts. Very interesting read, though it seems the no call on Lebron tonight goes against the very first two rules of fixing a game:

1.) Give the super-stars the calls.

2.) Give the team trailing in the series the calls as to make it a longer series.

Not saying the article is not valid because I do believe it is (and I will read closer later) but it seems tonight did not apply?

fearless
    fearless's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeDaMoney View Post
    Don't have tons of time to read, though I did skin through the first two parts. Very interesting read, though it seems the no call on Lebron tonight goes against the very first two rules of fixing a game:

1.) Give the super-stars the calls.

2.) Give the team trailing in the series the calls as to make it a longer series.

Not saying the article is not valid because I do believe it is (and I will read closer later) but it seems tonight did not apply?
    The article is an examination of your point about how refs can fix games, I think it's a brilliant article and everyone who bets on NBA games should read it.

ShowMeDaMoney

Great read, I agree

ShowMeDaMoney

Though I haven't been betting on the NBA for the last few weeks, I personally may make a personal rule to never place a single bet on it again. It's just too unpredictable and half the time the guys dont even give a shit. Course, baseball is kinda the same way and I love to bet on baseball. IMO college football and football are the only two super legit sports to bet on

TheProphet
    TheProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!

I personally make my best money off of the NBA and Football not so much on MLB and Hockey. I still play on it all the time even in playoffs and actually win more. The problem I have with everyone complaining about those last two calls as I do agree they where bad, but no worse than what Detroit went through in the 4th quarter. They got hit in the face arms slapped reach ins everytime they touched the ball in the 4th quarter and there where no calls it was HORRIBLE. In my opinion it was all equal in the end which was fine. If Cleveland had the talent to win a championship or was the better team they wouldn't have let Detroit completely shut them down in the second half anyway and if they had called on a foul on Lebron he isn't Wade he doesn't hit game winners or clutch shots he would of missed both free throws. I am all for Lebron making it to the finals and learning to be a winner, but I have seen tons of game winners through the regular season with no calls, because the refs are going to make you earn that. The Sheed foul if it hadn't been for Vaerjao who the refs KNOW is a flopper then the call might have gone their way. Just another point that flopping in the long run will cost you somewhere. The calls of fix are stupid and dumb by the way NOBODY want's Spurs vs Pistions it was the LOWEST rated series in the last 10 years in the NBA they want Lebron there the only chance at a ratings boost for the finals so a fix is just a STUPID suggestion.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I only watched the last minutes of the 4Q, but the refs had definitely swallowed their whistles both ways. The final plays were no different. Worst play in the clutch minutes? Lebron throwing the ball into the stands. With Varejao's flop as a close second. That's y'r game.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh man, Varejao drove the baseline in the second half and Rasheed Wallace fouled him so hard that I thought the refs might huddle up to decide whether it should be a Flagrant 1 or 2. Their decision: No Whistle! It was really quite funny. As Varejao was shooting, Wallace clearly hit both of his arms, his head, and made full contact with his body. The basketball was not part of the equation at all. That's what makes the Eastern teams so much fun to watch. As for the West, I know that I love watching Utah games to see just how many fouls they can get away with while still managing to lead the league in hacks.