BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Betting Rule #1: Don't Go Against Your Instincts

Before I placed these two bets, I had a feel, something nudging me saying their opponents would win, I went against that feeling, those instincts and paid the price. Soderling beat Federer last week and something told me he would, despite having been 0-12 against Federer, never having beaten him. Today the same thing happened, something told me Davydenko would beat Nadal, but I said ingored that gut feeling and paid the price for it again by betting on Nadal, I know this is NBA forum, but I mainly post here and just had to let it out guys, stay close to that gut feeling, stay close to your instincts, despite what your head is telling you.

michalis
    michalis's Avatar Become A Pro!

happens to me too, last night had a feeling toronto would go over but i bet the under anyway cause thats what the stats indicated

btw same thing here with nadal, lost like 100 euros on him 2 day, despite having a feeling that davydenko would win this, even worse, nadal missed a couple of match points, tsk tsk, I cant believe he lost this, I've seen the man come back from games where he would be a set, a break, and three matchpoints behind and he would still come back and win

ironically, when i used to like davydenko and bet on him, he would lose to the shittiest players

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by michalis View Post
    happens to me too, last night had a feeling toronto would go over but i bet the under anyway cause thats what the stats indicated

btw same thing here with nadal, lost like 100 euros on him 2 day, despite having a feeling that davydenko would win this, even worse, nadal missed a couple of match points, tsk tsk, I cant believe he lost this, I've seen the man come back from games where he would be a set, a break, and three matchpoints behind and he would still come back and win

ironically, when i used to like davydenko and bet on him, he would lose to the shittiest players
    Exactly, I too have seen Nadal been down triple break point and come back and win, Davydenko usually beats him on hardcourt, I knew that and still went against it. I dont trust Davydenko though, he's either hot or cold, not to mention Im sure he was a part of that betting scandal a couple years ago even though he was cleared of it.

michalis
    michalis's Avatar Become A Pro!

probably was doing something dodgy I remember dropping 200 euros on him during the roland garros, he was playing an mediocre to bad player in jeremy chardy, was two sets up and he lost 3 straight sets without even trying to do anything, now thats suspicious, especially with all his talent

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

This is too suspicious.

The ATP launched a match-fixing investigation of Davydenko's match against Martín Vassallo Argüello in Sopot of 2 August 2007, after several large bets were placed at an online British gambling company, Betfair, in Argüello's favour after Davydenko had won the first set 6–2. Davydenko withdrew from the match during the third set with a foot injury. Although Davydenko had suffered three first-round defeats in his last three tournaments, was injured in an earlier-round match, and showed signs of injury in the second set, it did not make sense to BetFair that such a heavy betting volume would go in Argüello's direction at that point of time in the match. Per its agreement with the ATP, Betfair notified the Tour. It has since been revealed that nine people based in Russia had bet US$1.5m on Davydenko losing while two unknown people would gain US$6m from the loss. A total of $7 m was wagered on the match, ten times the usual amount. Due to these irregularities, all bets were voided. On September 11, 2008 Davydenko, along with Arguello, was cleared of any involvement in match-fixing. At over a year in the process, the inquiry was the longest ever held into match-fixing in tennis. However, Betfair did not return money to those who won money from the match.
    Further controversy had also surrounded Davydenko after one of his matches at St. Petersburg Open in October 2007. During his 1–6, 7–5, 6–1 defeat by Marin Cilic he was given a code violation by umpire Jean-Philippe Dercq for not giving his best effort. He was later fined $2000 (£987) by the governing body of men's Tennis, the ATP, but the fine was rescinded upon appeal. The following week, he lost 6–2, 6–2 to Marcos Baghdatis at the Paris Masters. This generated some controversy, as Davydenko was cautioned by the umpire to do his best during the match.

hedgejob
    hedgejob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5164

Bernie, I wanted to bet Nadal too but it didn't feel right so I skipped it. I think that's a better rule, if it doesn't feel right don't bet at all.