Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

LT Profit: San Antonio to Snuff Suns

San Antonio Spurs to snuff Phoenix Suns

Game Time: 05/18/2007 09:35 PM -
    By: L.T. Profit Sports Group | who2beton.com

Look for the Spurs to close the series out at home in San Antonio tonight. Defense will spell the Phoenix Suns' doom and send the Alamo City ballers to the West Finals.

The last time these clubs got together here in San Antonio, the game was played at the Spurs’ pace as the Phoenix offense could not get going until the middle of the fourth quarter.

Yet, those six minutes of Suns basketball was enough for Phoenix to rally for the improbable road victory. However, the Spurs were lucky that Amare Stoudemire was suspended for Game 5, and they took advantage to take a 3-2 series lead. Now in this potential series-deciding game, we look for San Antonio to once again dictate the pace, just as they have the last two games. Unlike Game 4 however, we do not foresee a late-game breakdown this time around, so look for the Spurs to wrap up the series tonight and advance to the Western Conference Finals to face the Utah Jazz.

After all, San Antonio is the far superior defensive team here, and although the Suns somehow won their last game in this building despite the Spurs dictating the pace, we are practically daring Phoenix to try and win that style of game again!

Play: Spurs -3

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thats the way I'd play this one as well LT.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Spurs are only favored by 3. I like the Phoenix moneyline but that may just be wishful thinking. I don't know how anyone besides the people of San Antonio and Spurs backers can be rooting for them. I picked the Spurs to win this series in 6 games before Game 1 but I'm hoping that I'm wrong. The whole country is rooting for the Suns.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I hope they close it out tonight. Played SA in 6 at +350.

gridironguy
    gridironguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like reading LT's stuff but let's be fair on this one -- he is a Spurs fan as noted by his avatar!

You think he might be seeing things through Salt and Pepper goggles right about now???

:-)

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

gridiron,

FYI, I am NOT a Spurs fan. I change my avatar in conjunction with what is going on at the time. I put up Spurs avatar to match my series prediction, which is my current signature.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Oh and yes I do believe the Spurs will win the NBA Championship. But that is because I feel they are the best team. I am not an actal FAN of any professional team other than the New York Mets in baseball, and even there I would not hesitate to bet against my Mets if the price is right.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck SUNS fans.

Let's give these motherf*ckers what they deserve!!

Buckeye
    Buckeye's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9997

I am new to this site but agree. The Spurs do not deserve this series. The Suns will prevail!!!!!

rjt721

DH, I thought you were done with the NBA?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

I am. But not with the Suns.

BIG difference.

rjt721

Tied after 1Q....Amare dominating the matchup w/ Duncan so far.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Bad calls so far:
    Shooting foul on Barbosa who had all ball.
    Traveling on Diaw when he was tripped.

rjt721

Barbosa got Parker on the left hand on that play.

I'll give you the Diaw one....he was tripped.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Suns are looking like shit. I expected a better performance than this.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Bad calls so far:
    Shooting foul on Barbosa who had all ball.
    Traveling on Diaw when he was tripped.
    Dark Horse, what I'm about to say is pretty much half-jest, so don't get riled up, but again, I was at that game last night. The refs were fair (despite Dick Bavetta's recent revelation that traveling is a rule---he must have called 15 traveling violations, some of which were just blatantly wrong; apparently a head-fake equals three steps, but I digress...)

Listen DH, here's what I propose: Take a little break, then get your emotions bottled up and get back to being the DH that we all know and love. Your halftime analysis was always spot on and you generally had a good spirit regarding the games. Now, you're a bitter, spiteful FAN. Read that last word again. You are a fan. Fan= emotional betting= fund depletion. Listen, the Suns blew an 18 point lead in game 5 to lose by 3. The Suns had a 29-14 FT differential (ON THE ROAD) in game 4 at SA, which enabled them to come back and take that game. The Suns got absolutely demolished last night. Without a doubt, they were the second best team left in the playoffs, but they were playing the BEST team left in the playoffs and they were not, in any way, the better team. I understand that you hate the Spurs, but gambling (as you very well know) is not an emotional commitment. It requires a sense of indifference. Please just let this go and focus on winning some money. Ultimately, you will be happier with the cash, regardless of who wins the damn games. Anytime I feel the Spurs are getting a rough line, I'll bet against them (as I did in game 5: a game where I should have gotten paid off but the Suns couldn't hold an 18 point lead). I'm a Spur fan, but I'm a bigger fan of the dead presidents. Now get your head back in the game and just quit with the "my team is getting bad breaks" routine. The Suns were not better than SA. Sorry to say it, but they weren't.