Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

What he's pointing out is that Jordan experienced futility in the postseason. So what if it was in the first round? How does that make it better? In actuality, losing in the Finals is better because you accomplish more. You have to advance beyond the first round in order to lose in the Finals. Sounds obvious enough, but Jordan jockers consistently overlook this fact in an effort to belittle Lebron.

Put it this way... if Lebron had two rings in only two attempts (no losses in the Finals) would you hold him in higher regard than you currently do, even though he would have accomplished less than he currently has?
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 06-17-15 at 12:39 AM.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    The Lebron haters are the ones always bringing up Jordan.

BDBA, you say he's top five, but that's obviously not your focus. Your focus is on Lebron's perceived shortcomings, hence the title of this thread. And I've lost count on the number of times you mention Ray Allen's shot and how Lebron's lucky and yada, yada, yada. It borders on obsessive compulsive disorder levels. Maybe reminding yourself that Lebron "should" be 1-5 is your personal daily affirmation.

I'll take "Things Thunder fans say to get through the day" please, Alex, for $200.
    Lebron is a once in a lifetime kind of athlete. That doesn't mean he is the greatest ever but I do think he is around 5.

My focus is to wake people up that he isn't comparable to Jordan and he may not even be as good as Kobe. I don't even like Kobe either.

Jordan was never close to even losing a Finals and I'm pointing out that Lebron is damn lucky he is 2-4 instead of 1-5 which he is. So essentially I'm making a case for how dominant and great Jordan was.

I guess when someone anoints their self "King" and talks like they're going to win like 8 rings when they jump ship from their home team to "take their talents to South Beach", it rubs me the wrong way. I don't think Lebron is a bad dude but I don't necessarily like him either.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

Why don't we just revisit this in like 5 years when his career is closer to being done.

BigDofBA

In actuality, losing in the Finals is better because you accomplish more. You have to advance beyond the first round in order to lose in the Finals. Sounds obvious enough, but Jordan jockers consistently overlook this fact in an effort to belittle Lebron.

You do realize Jordan has won as many Finals as Lebron has been to right?

You're argument for Lebron is that he accomplished more by "getting to" the Finals and losing? Yet Jordan has been to the Finals as many times as Lebron and never lost?
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 06-17-15 at 12:40 AM.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Hold up, Wade still got more rings than this guy, just doesn't feel like it for some reason.

Eddy Munny

It's moronic to say Lebron was "lucky." How many game changing, and ultimately series changing, shots have been hit in NBA playoff history? (Hint: Ray Allen wasn't the first) They played seven games, you idiot. Miami won four of them. Did Ray Allen's shot single-handedly secure FOUR wins in the Finals that year? Smh, you can be lucky to win a game... you can't be lucky to win a series. You're butthurt. Let it go. You obviously just root for him to fail.

BigDofBA

What he's pointing out is that Jordan experienced futility in the postseason. So what if it was in the first round? How does that make it better? In actuality, losing in the Finals is better because you accomplish more. You have to advance beyond the first round in order to lose in the Finals. Sounds obvious enough, but Jordan jockers consistently overlook this fact in an effort to belittle Lebron.

Put it this way... if Lebron had two rings in only two attempts (no losses in the Finals) would you hold him in higher regard than you currently do, even though he would have accomplished less than he currently has?
    Arguements for Lebron are weak as shit when comparing to Jordan.

The things you and the other fanboy keep trying to build your case around, Jordan losing early in the playoffs when he was young, is the same shit Lebron did.

Lebron got swept in the Finals and then had three second round exits but I haven't been harping on that because I don't need to.

As for you question, of course I wouldn't hold Lebron higher if he was 2-0 vs 2-4. Did you read the part where I said getting to five straight Finals was impressive? What about the part where I said Lebron was around top 5 all-time.

jtoler

It's moronic to say Lebron was "lucky." How many game changing, and ultimately series changing, shots have been hit in NBA playoff history? They played seven games, you idiot. Miami won four of them. Did Ray Allen's shot single-handedly secure FOUR wins in the Finals that year? Smh, you can be lucky to win a game... you can't be lucky and win a series. You're butthurt. Let it go. You obviously just root for him to fail.
    Cmon its not moronic, anyone who saw Game 6 know a lot of lucky stuff happened, remember fans leaving? At that point Heat were prob -5000.

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 478

lebron - Wade = Charles Barkley

BigDofBA

It's moronic to say Lebron was "lucky." How many game changing, and ultimately series changing, shots have been hit in NBA playoff history? (Hint: Ray Allen wasn't the first) They played seven games, you idiot. Miami won four of them. Did Ray Allen's shot single-handedly secure FOUR wins in the Finals that year? Smh, you can be lucky to win a game... you can't be lucky to win a series. You're butthurt. Let it go. You obviously just root for him to fail.
    You said that Lebron should get more credit for getting to the Finals and losing even though Jordan has won as many Finals as Lebron has played in.....and I'm the idiot??

I say getting to the Finals five straight years is impressive and I have said numerous times Lebron is around top five all time but you still act like I'm crazy?

What exactly have I said that isn't true? Do you think Lebron is better than Jordan? Do you think it's close? Why? You haven't answered my questions.

I'm pretty straight forward on where I stand. Great athlete yes. Top five of all-time, probably. Better than Jordan, no. I have no idea where you stand other than it looks like you get offended when I criticize anything about James.

I'm moronic for saying the Heat got lucky when the Spurs were up 5 with 20 seconds left, missed two free throws in the closing seconds and Ray Allen hit a three at the buzzer to send it to overtime????? So you think that was pretty standard for the Spurs to melt down like that? They proved the next year that lose was a fluke when they dominated.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Cmon its not moronic, anyone who saw Game 6 know a lot of lucky stuff happened, remember fans leaving? At that point Heat were prob -5000.
    Like I said, you can be lucky to win a GAME. That's why they play a SERIES. Heat won the series and that's that. You clowns can sit here and try to diminish it's worth, but 20 years from now people will look back on see a Heat title... they're not going to give two shits whether or not a couple of web goofs think it was rightfully "earned" or not.

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO

lebron - hgh + hair plugs - headband - Wade = karl malone

jtoler

LeBron James - " Im the best player in the world."

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO

kobe - Stern - Shaq - Gasol - LA = Jerry Stackhouse

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Did you read the part where I said getting to five straight Finals was impressive? What about the part where I said Lebron was around top 5 all-time.
    This just sounds like something you issue forth as a sort of disclaimer because you think doing so then gives you carte blanche to forge ahead with your anti-Lebron campaign.

All you do is bash Lebron. You can't then wash your hands of ill motives by slapping one little line of praise on at the end of an avalanche of criticism. You don't like the guy. Period. If you really believe he's top five, then why is that never your angle? That fact seems incidental to the gist of your position on Lebron.

I ultimately don't care. But it makes you look like a sore ass. I mean, you assert he's top five, he averages almost a triple double in the Finals, but you go ahead and start a thread to undermine him anyways. That's where your head's really at.

Just a butthurt OKC fan is all. Really, really butthurt.

BigDofBA

I'm done with this now. I made my point and answered your questions.

You ignored the facts and dodged all of my questions.

You know where I stand. I know you won't answer my questions because your arguments for Lebron and against Jordan are ridiculous.

It's really nothing personal. I have no problem with you or care if you think I'm an idiot.

Eddy Munny

You're the one bringing up Jordan and Ray Allen's shot ad nauseam in multiple threads. I'm just saying your team couldn't beat him on the court, so now you've resolved to take up the battle online and storm the King's castle, with torch in hand.

Are they all this butthurt in Oklahoma City?

jtoler

I remember when Bron won his first ring, it was the lockout year I think, shortened season, asterisk? Who knows what happens in a full 82 game season. Mix in the Shuttlesworth Miracle to beat the Spurs. One could make a case Bron could be 0-6 in Finals, so I'm told.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Lebron is the Broncos of the NBA.

First 12