Bryan T
    Bryan T's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1788

Stealing value on GS ML Game 1

[IMG][/IMG]

Got it at -160 instead of -220. Only thing is I lose $142 and push the rest if they win by 4. Good capping or am I missing something?

Bryan T

I could also buy another .5 point to guarantee a W if GS wins but that will turn the ML into -190 which is still better then -220

louielouie
    louielouie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

But they will lose game 1 so this bet will be no money

Bryan T

I believe over 80% of home teams win game 1 in the finals. GS has only lost 3 times total at home this year. The public is on CAVS. I like my chances.

Bryan T

I do think Cavs win series but not game 1. I'm also going to bet GS wins game 1 but loses series at +500

Bryan T

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Found way better value on GS ML game 1. Bet $907 to win $1000. This means they only have to win the game 48% of the time to be +EV. Everything covered so no chance for a push.

Throwawayaway
    Throwawayaway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan T View Post
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Found way better value on GS ML game 1. Bet $907 to win $1000. This means they only have to win the game 48% of the time to be +EV. Everything covered so no chance for a push.

Great find there. Amazing odds. I just think Cleveland sweeps GSW, so I wouldn't bet it, but you still made a good bet.

Throwawayaway

I actually take that back... looks like you wagered 907.82, and can only win 1,000.... so only a 92.18 profit... am I wrong or not? That's what it looks like... upon further inspection.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan T View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

Got it at -160 instead of -220. Only thing is I lose $142 and push the rest if they win by 4. Good capping or am I missing something?
    Um..WHAT? If Warriors win by 1-3, you LOSE $450.

Throwawayaway

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Um..WHAT? If Warriors win by 1-3, you LOSE $450.

So true... this guy who made the bet must be VERY new to betting...

Bryan T

Yeah, i knew I was missing something. Too good to be true. I havent' bet anything yet. Just trying to find some angles.

louielouie
    louielouie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Wait I thought you bet all of these right with those pictures? Just bet Cavs series price and be happy you made some money.

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

give him another line...

password
    password's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

Very, very wrong strategy, which will get you broke in no time. Instead of making a bazillion bets on a single game (and in general), of which 1 MIGHT hit, try to find the one that WILL hit (in your opinion of course, unless you have crystal ball or tomorrow's paper) and pound the fuk out of it. It's the only chance you've got at making some money. Any bet is a gamble, but as you get more experience, finding THE bet will get easier. Books set lines based on numbers and statistics, especially in the NBA. Totals for example are very often just the sum of the average points scored by both teams during the season, I've seen that multiple times. That's why lines in the beginning of a season are often way off. But sports isn't always mathematics, so lines aren't always accurate. With time you'll learn (hopefully) to find the weaknesses in lines and exploit them. But never, ever do what you posted above. It's the fastest way to lose alot of money in the long run, even if you get lucky on that particular day. BOL.

greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

What happens if warriors miraculously blows them out?

Romerowned
    Romerowned's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2811

Would the idiots coming in here talking about how the cavs are guaranteed to win please shut up? The man is trying to find a plus ev bet, not talk about imaginary "locks." That crap just annoys me.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

IF you like the Cavs to win the series (and let me preface this by saying I am not making any series bets and I don't even know what I am doing for Game 1 yet), a better strategy is bet Cavs ML in Game 1. If they win, stop. If they lose, then bet Cavs series at looks like close to +400.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    IF you like the Cavs to win the series (and let me preface this by saying I am not making any series bets and I don't even know what I am doing for Game 1 yet), a better strategy is bet Cavs ML in Game 1. If they win, stop. If they lose, then bet Cavs series at looks like close to +400.
    hmm. smart. i like it