Betpoints: 13182

NBA Schedule ????

What sense does this make:
    Sunday: Wash. @ ATl. & Mem. @ GS.
    Monday: Chi. @ Clev. & LAC @ Hous.
    Tuesday Wash. @ ATL. & Mem. @ GS.
    Wednesday: Chi. @ Clev. & LAC @ Hous.
    Thursday: No Games, OK.
    Friday: Clev. @ Chi. & Hous. @ LAC. ?????
    Saturday: Atl. @ Wash. & GS @ Mem. ????

Shouldn't the Friday games be on Saturday and vice versa?????

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

I was confused too lol

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by WildCelticsFan View Post
    I was confused too lol
    So those 4 teams get 3 days off??? And the others four get 1 day off??? That is screwed up.

McDabs
    McDabs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5288

Makes no sense....

red12sox
    red12sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

I have been trying to figure this out all day. Must have been banking on the old spurs to be here lol.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I thought the off day was to synch up the two East series on the same days and the two West series the same days going forward, but that is obviously not the case so I have no idea what the fukk the NBA did here.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I thought the off day was to synch up the two East series on the same days and the two West series the same days going forward, but that is obviously not the case so I have no idea what the fukk the NBA did here.
    Yes sir, it makes no sense at all??? Nobody can figure it out, and nobody seems to be able to explain that. 3 days off for those 4 and 1 day off for the others.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Besides POOR scheduling by the NBA, does anybody have an explanation for this schedule???? I mean, there is no game tonight, so.........

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Besides POOR scheduling by the NBA, does anybody have an explanation for this schedule???? I mean, there is no game tonight, so.........
    I have no problem with sprinkling in an off day here and there, but then the Friday and Saturday schedules should have reversed so that every team had two days off.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

TV ratings higher for Chicago and LA markets.
    Friday night stronger draw.
    somehow, money is involved. NBA Cares. (about money).

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

I have no problem with sprinkling in an off day here and there, but then the Friday and Saturday schedules should have reversed so that every team had two days off.
    Now that MAKES sense.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    TV ratings higher for Chicago and LA markets.
    Friday night stronger draw.
    somehow, money is involved. NBA Cares. (about money).
    Yeah, but they didn't know that when they made the schedule????

LT Profits

Yeah, but they didn't know that when they made the schedule????
    I think they did. Exact dates for second round beyond Game 1s were not announced until after matchups were set.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Not very hard to understand.

The series were theoretically meant to start on Tuesday (allowing for potential game 7's of the first round on Sunday), but since series finished early they started on Sunday and compensated it by giving one day off in the middle.

So basically it was meant to be 5th, 7th, 9th, and instead they made it 3rd, 5th, 9th for the first 3 games. I suppose they wanted to have games on Sunday on ABC and didn't care about not having games Thursday.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

i just read that when they start the playoffs the only date written in stone is June 4th
    when the championship starts. After only one series went to 7 games, they had some
    room and made the off day (today)... still no explanation why Washington and Memphis
    were moved to Saturday so it must be about the media rights owner's preference (tv)
    as long as the minimum time off is there, i don't think the owners have a say.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Not very hard to understand.

The series were theoretically meant to start on Tuesday (allowing for potential game 7's of the first round on Sunday), but since series finished early they started on Sunday and compensated it by giving one day off in the middle.

So basically it was meant to be 5th, 7th, 9th, and instead they made it 3rd, 5th, 9th for the first 3 games. I suppose they wanted to have games on Sunday on ABC and didn't care about not having games Thursday.
    They still could have worked around the 3 days off vs. 1 day off issue though by flip-flopping the games for the 8th and 9th once it was known that two series would start early.

Seto

And the thing of moving the series to get 2 days off for all teams doesn't work. Simple reason: we didn't know if we were having a Nets/Hawks game 7 or a Wizards/Hawks game 1 on ABC until the last minute. If the Nets had won game 6 we would've had game 1 of the Hawks and Wizards Tuesday and game 2 today, so there would've been a game today.

Seto

They still could have worked around the 3 days off vs. 1 day off issue though by flip-flopping the games for the 8th and 9th once it was known that two series would start early.
    Only we didn't know that til the last minute (Friday night). By that time the dates for the other series were all already set. You can't exactly change that last minute once you find out the Nets have lost game 6.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

I have to agree with LT here. There is no reason to give those teams 3 days off, and the other group 1 day off, just don't get it SETO. I know what you are saying but still, they could have easily adjusted this with no complaints from any team, if that even matters.

LT Profits

I have to agree with LT here. There is no reason to give those teams 3 days off, and the other group 1 day off, just don't get it SETO. I know what you are saying but still, they could have easily adjusted this with no complaints from any team, if that even matters.
    Seto is saying the Memphis / Golden State dates were already set before the Hawks beat Nets in Game 6.

Seto

It's not very complicated to "get". The dates for the other 3 series were already set before the Hawks and Nets played game 6. You can't just change a schedule that was already set as a reaction to the Nets losing game 6. It doesn't work that way. It doesn't matter whether teams would complain or not or whatever. It's just the way things work.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    It's not very complicated to "get". The dates for the other 3 series were already set before the Hawks and Nets played game 6. You can't just change a schedule that was already set as a reaction to the Nets losing game 6. It doesn't work that way. It doesn't matter whether teams would complain or not or whatever. It's just the way things work.
    OK men, I get it. Thanks for the in put. Just didn't think it was right that's all.