GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Golden State = 2007 NBA Champ???

Gloden State is THE AMERICAN BASKETBALL DREAM TEAM now...Do you think they gonna be the champ this year??? IF NOT, which team could stop this hottest team away the champ? Baron Davis is so freaking hottt now

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

They won't beat S.A. or Phoenix (if they manage to win the next three games and take Utah).

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

i believe they can beat SA or phx.... however i dont think anyone will beat the pistons... the pistons are going to win this year easily. most balanced team.

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guys,

GS has proved that they are super strong now by beating up the number 1 team DALLAS BADLY. If they can be the number 1, they should be the best without any doubt

babaoriley

Put the pipe down, pat. The Spurs have the Warriors number and Phoenix is essentially a rich man's Golden State. Both teams are capable of taking a game in Oakland (especially the Spurs). Remember, during the stretch run where Golden State went 16-5 (after Baron came off the DL on March 5th), 2 of the 5 losses were to S.A. with the Spurs holding GS under 100 both times and winning by counts of 112-99 at SA and 126-89 at GS (that's a combined 238-188 score--50 point differential). They also lost 129-89 to the Spurs in December. Granted they won a November game by 9 in Oakland without Davis, but looking at the other results, I'd say you could count that as an anomaly. If the Spurs play the Warriors, I think you're looking at a 5 game series. Golden State takes one at home and the Spurs take the other 4.

Phoenix took 3 of 4 from GS also, though the games were quite close.

The Spurs would present the worst possible matchup for the Warriors. Oh, and as good as the Pistons are playing, please remember to factor in the fact that they played a horrible Orlando team in the first round (a Magic team that clearly belonged in the lottery, not the playoffs), then a Chicago team that has been playing its worst basketball of the season. I would take the Suns or Spurs over the Pistons with little doubt. Actually, even Utah and Golden State would give Detroit fits. I know Go Pistons will take exception to this, but I see no way the Pistons win the title this year.

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by GatorFan View Post
    Guys,

GS has proved that they are super strong now by beating up the number 1 team DALLAS BADLY. If they can be the number 1, they should be the best without any doubt
    Gators Fan, believe me, I'm a bandwagon Warrior fan too, and would love nothing more than to see GS win a title (I already asked my wife to get me a signed Baron Davis Warrior jersey for Christmas). However, the NBA is all about matchups when it comes playoff time. Not to rain on your parade (or my own for that matter) but GS got the absolute best possible matchup by playing against a Dallas team that it had dominated all season. Factor in the Nellie-knowledge of Dallas, the bed-crapping by Dirk and co., the unusual Avery preemptive lineup change in game 1 (attempting to go small against a team that simply outclassed them in that aspect), and GS was a fairly decent bet to take that series. I had GS +900 in that series based on the value that I thought Dallas would probably win 6 out of every 10 series between those two teams and the odds were essentially saying that Dallas would take 9 out of 10.

If GS had drawn the Spurs in round one, they would have been quickly disposed of. Likewise, Phoenix drew their toughest matchup in the Spurs in the second round. Meanwhile, the Spurs ended up avoiding the team that presented the worst matchup to them (Dallas) and got by a Denver team that I thought would give them fits. For all practical purposes, the Phoenix-SA series is the finals, at least in my opinion. But hey, I love what the Warriors have done. I've watched every minute of every GS playoff game and believe that they are a fantastic team with an extraordinary home court advantage that makes each of their games so damn exciting. I just don't think they're poised enough to take 4 in a grueling series against San Antonio or Phoenix.

TheProphet
    TheProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!

I truly believe if GS gets lucky and gets to play Phoenix in the next round they go to the finals. I believe 100 percent that GS still beats Utah they will win all their home games and just need to steal one on the road which they should of already done. I think SA beats Phoenix though and this Warriors team has NO CHANCE at beating SA with their defense and half court offense GS will be thrown off and out of sync. The Pistons would beat them in the finals and yes the pistons ARE going to the NBA finals this year the East has no competition for them and they play the same kind of ball as SA and will win against the Warriors if they played in the finals. I would love to be wrong about this I have been a GS fan for a few years now since I watched the Arenas Richardson show for a couple of seasons. That was fun to watch and have loved Warriors basketball since. J-Rich is one of my favorite players in the NBA don't ask me why I just think he has HUGE potential still, and is just waiting to show it on both sides of the ball. I AM TRYING HARD TO BELIEVE AS THE SIGNS SAY AT THE WARRIORS ARENA THOUGH!!!!!!

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

Detroit will win i gurantee it.

babaoriley

Pat, you should be all over the Pistons at 11-5 to win it all (maybe you can even get them at 3-1 or at least 5-2).

Prophet-I agree with the majority of what you say, though I don't think the Warriors would be able to beat Phoenix in 7. Amare presents significant matchup problems, though I think it would be quite a series. Also a big fan of Jason Richardson. I think many people forget that the dude is only 26 years old.

TheProphet

2 time slam dunk champion could of been 3 time, but he cared more about the fans and was trying to do an AMAZING final dunk than just doing a non flashy dunk to win kid can ball on the offensive end it just kills me watching him on defense. Pistons are 9/5 to win a championship right now not the best odds.

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    2 time slam dunk champion could of been 3 time, but he cared more about the fans and was trying to do an AMAZING final dunk than just doing a non flashy dunk to win kid can ball on the offensive end it just kills me watching him on defense. Pistons are 9/5 to win a championship right now not the best odds.
    True, but Pat unequivocally GUARANTEED a Pistons victory. If He even feels that the Pistons have a 50% chance of winning the title, he should be seeing value with the Pistons at 11-5 (which he can get at several books). But, I get the feeling that Pat probably would put the odds of the Pistons winning at 75% or more, meaning he has significant value at 11-5. I wouldn't touch Detroit at 11-5. In all honesty, when Detroit-S.A. or Detroit-Phoenix is set in stone, I think you'll see the same damn line for Detroit (roughly 2-1). When they go down 1-0 in the finals on the road, then you bet Detroit at 3-1 or 7-2 (if you truly believe Detroit wins it all).

go pistons
    go pistons's Avatar Become A Pro!

PISTONS!!!!!!!!!

Got it at 9-1 early in year before D-Wade got hurt. Who ever comes out of West is gonna be gassed and the Pistons can play at any pace with anybody!

babaoriley

I knew I could count on unbridled optimism from GP regarding the Pistons chances. Getting the Pistons at 9-1 was certainly a nice value bet (looking back).

go pistons
    go pistons's Avatar Become A Pro!

HAHA, you know I gotta roll with the Stones brotha! But honestly right now, who is playing better? NOBODY!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Warriors are still down in the series against UTAH. So lets wait and see if they can tie it up and steal one in UTAH.

I want the Warriors to beat UTAH, but lets not jump the gun just yet.

hitbitritz
    hitbitritz's Avatar Become A Pro!

buy the future at +1800 on GS...bookmakers dont think they have a shot.

babaoriley

I would argue that the Spurs are playing as well as the Pistons. If Detroit had to play Denver in the first round of the playoffs, I think they'd have their hands full. The Spurs beat a tough Denver team in 5, and I think they'll dispose of Phoenix in 6. The Pistons are playing very, very well right now, though Chicago absolutely melted down in game 3. That game was Chicago's chance to make it a series and they puckered. As for the Orlando series, I predicted (in about 7 different threads on this board) that Detroit would sweep 'em. Orlando had no business being in the playoffs. Detroit is playing at a very high level, but the level of competition isn't there, nor will it be when they play Cleveland or New Jersey (both are highly flawed teams). I guess my point is this: the Pistons won't be challenged until the Finals, while whoever comes out of the West will be battle-tested. You could make the argument that the West rep will be banged up and tired, but considering the generous scheduling (in terms of off-days between games), I think there is plenty of time to heal and rest.

TheProphet

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley View Post
    I would argue that the Spurs are playing as well as the Pistons. If Detroit had to play Denver in the first round of the playoffs, I think they'd have their hands full. The Spurs beat a tough Denver team in 5, and I think they'll dispose of Phoenix in 6. The Pistons are playing very, very well right now, though Chicago absolutely melted down in game 3. That game was Chicago's chance to make it a series and they puckered. As for the Orlando series, I predicted (in about 7 different threads on this board) that Detroit would sweep 'em. Orlando had no business being in the playoffs. Detroit is playing at a very high level, but the level of competition isn't there, nor will it be when they play Cleveland or New Jersey (both are highly flawed teams). I guess my point is this: the Pistons won't be challenged until the Finals, while whoever comes out of the West will be battle-tested. You could make the argument that the West rep will be banged up and tired, but considering the generous scheduling (in terms of off-days between games), I think there is plenty of time to heal and rest.
    Excellent point it seems you and I agree on most of our choices for NBA most of the time. I do think Pistons take it from SA in the finals, but do think it will be another 6 Game or 7 Game finals against the two. I do like talking about possible future matchups though as that is what makes playoffs fun and interesting the what if factor of GS is awesome to think about. I did not root for NY when they where the 8 seed in the shortened NBA season I believe 1999 I could be wrong, but this time I am all on board for the 8 seed winning it all if the chance comes!!!