Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

I can't believe Celtics gave Doc Rivers and Extension

Well I guess I can believe it. Actually, we expected it. So...Doc gets a reward for throwing games and taking the hit on his coaching record. He probably lost all respect of his players. Who better to carry the bags of a spoiled rookie. Danny Ainge is as much at fault.

According to ESPN Mockdraft, the Celts can pick as low as 5th. It would be a beautiful thing to see the cameras on their faces as they realize a franchise player isn't coming to Boston. Maybe if they have another dismal season, Stern will address the cheating?

fearless
    fearless's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Stern will address the cheating?
    So much cheating goes on in the NBA, part of Stern's job is too look the other way.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Well, if the Celts, being the major brand that they are, are destined to another year of losing or maybe years of just missing the playoffs, he might be forced to address it. It's going to be embarrassing enough to see them posing with one of those two studs but the focus will be on the future. If they draft Noah, it is going to be all about how they missed the prizes.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ainge should be fired for giving him that contract extension. I feel sorry for the Celtic fans, because this guy has no clue what he's doing.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

What's sad is that this isn't even surprising, nor was it the worst contract extension given this year (isiah) I don't follow the Celtics really, but hear about them a lot from reading Bill Simmons.

Q: Would you eat a poop hot dog to guarantee the Celts the top pick in the Oden/Durant sweepstakes?
    --Tom, Salt Lake City

SG: I'm already eating a poop hot dog -- it's called "the Doc Rivers extension."

Q: I just ran the ESPN mock lottery 10 times and seven out of 10 times the Celtics did not have either the No. 1 or 2 pick. Please get this page off the site before my head explodes. Thanks.
    --Michael K. Andover, Md.

SG: We'll do our best. By the way, I played that game twice -- one time, the Celts got first, the other time, they got second. That's when I stopped. It was like playing two $100 hands of blackjack, getting blackjack both times, then walking away. I feel great. I've never felt more confident with 39.8 percent odds in my entire life. On second thought, why am I even excited about this? We'll probably get the No. 2 pick and trade it to Seattle for Robert Swift and cash. Just shoot me. I'm not kidding. Put a bullet in my head.
    Last edited by durito; 05-11-07 at 05:22 PM.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

As long as the NBA rewards bad teams, why not have Doc write the recipes?
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 05-11-07 at 06:15 PM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

I feel for the Celtics fans out there, they should have another long year next season. Maybe more.

It would be nice to see them drop to 5th pick.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

I must say, even though it had been rumored that Doc would be getting an extension, I refused to believe it until I was actually forced to. I'm not a Celtic fan, per se, but I do think the Boston fans are being cheated. I think the Lakers, Knicks and Celtics should always field competitive teams, at the very least. It's always fun to root against the Knicks and Lakers in the playoffs, and the Celtics, well, they've been completely tortured since Reggie Lewis' premature death. Just think, they could have (and should have) ended up with Brandon Roy in the 2007 draft, and instead ended up with Telfair. Bad move after bad move and yet Danny Ainge still has a job...

gridironguy
    gridironguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Ainge should be fired for giving him that contract extension. I feel sorry for the Celtic fans, because this guy has no clue what he's doing.
    Ainge is quickly becoming the Matt Millen of the NBA. That's obviously not a compliment.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

Amazing thing is Paul Gaston was killed by the press for being a terrible owner. He wasn't great, but he wasn't as bad as these guys he sold the team to. They don't have a clue.

At least Gaston did what everyone said he had to do, hire Rick Pitino and give him control. I don't blame Gaston for that fiasco. Most fans thought it was the right move. His prior hire of ML Carr was a disaster, but how these new owners get no grief from the media is beyond me.

Ainge is a joke and is booed every time he enters the arena and his name is announced. How his GM Chris Wallace still has a job is another mystery. He was brought in by Pitino and somehow has survived 10 years there despite one bad decision after another.