SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by jgold254 View Post
    Exactly... Whatever happened to betting your gut. Lines and systems and juice, oh my... Used to be sports fans were the ones betting games. Now it's a bunch of dork mathematicians. My main reason for betting is to keep me in the know about the league. It pushes me to follow what's going on in the leagues a little better. Not here to get rich, and if you are, might I suggest getting a job...
    You remind me of the older poker players who get eaten alive by the new dork mathematicians. The kind that don't understand how close the edges really are and how to exploit them like those pesky dorks. I'm glad everyone cashed the ML but if they played the game 100 times the Raps win more than -290 so this is an edge for the house not the player. A few of us were pointing this out, some a little more PC than others, but the point is the same, it's hard to win long term when the house has such an edge.

sleeper
    sleeper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4263

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    On the same. BOL.
    Congrats mag!

jgold254
    jgold254's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1840

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    You remind me of the older poker players who get eaten alive by the new dork mathematicians. The kind that don't understand how close the edges really are and how to exploit them like those pesky dorks. I'm glad everyone cashed the ML but if they played the game 100 times the Raps win more than -290 so this is an edge for the house not the player. A few of us were pointing this out, some a little more PC than others, but the point is the same, it's hard to win long term when the house has such an edge.
    I didn't bet this... And I don't play poker. But as far as sports betting. I don't get eaten alive. And talk all you want, I see plenty of users on here touting about the public, line movement, and cutesy named systems they follow who post grotesquely negative bankrolls...

If you bet 250 games a season... Sure, maybe that mathematical bs that screams "I don't want a girlfriend" works out for ya. But for the casual bettor/sports fan... Watching the games is plenty research. Sometimes there's nothing wrong with laying down on the juice... It's about picking winners, in the end.

sleeper
    sleeper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4263

Quote Originally Posted by jgold254 View Post
    I didn't bet this... And I don't play poker. But as far as sports betting. I don't get eaten alive. And talk all you want, I see plenty of users on here touting about the public, line movement, and cutesy named systems they follow who post grotesquely negative bankrolls...

If you bet 250 games a season... Sure, maybe that mathematical bs that screams "I don't want a girlfriend" works out for ya. But for the casual bettor/sports fan... Watching the games is plenty research. Sometimes there's nothing wrong with laying down on the juice... It's about picking winners, in the end.
    One of the best posts I've seen on here. So true.

jgold254
    jgold254's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1840

Quote Originally Posted by sleeper View Post
    One of the best posts I've seen on here. So true.
    Good win, tonight. Hope you went huge on it like you initially wanted.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Quote Originally Posted by sleeper View Post
    Congrats mag!

First 12