Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

I just put $200 more on Memphis future -

About 3 weeks ago I put $200 on Memphis at 15-1 to win NBA Champs, and I just put $200 on Memphis to win West Conference at 6.25-1.

The Grizz will soon have the Number 1 seed in the West, and - like the Cavs since their acquisitions - this team knows that they can win it all since the Jeff Green acquisition has energized the entire team.

A Cavs Grizz finals seems obvious to me and the books have made the Cavs unbettable, but you are still getting great value on Memphis. I don't think that value will be there much longer, and I'm a bit surprised after last nights win by the Grizz in L.A. that you can still get value on them at all.

San Antone has gotten old, OKC too far back, Dallas doesn't have the chemistry. GS is the only impediment to Memphis reaching the finals BUT the Warriors can only do it IF Bogut stays healthy - I guess there is always a first time, but I'm counting on that this ain't it.

I'm a huge Cavs fan - I entered the Plain-Dealer's contest to name the the team.

BOL
    Last edited by Dan Kelly; 02-24-15 at 12:47 PM.

Kaboomba
    Kaboomba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1123

I wouldn't count out the Mavs. They have a lethal starting lineup if they can find the chemistry and a very good bench. I trust Carlisle to have his team playing at a high level and with chemistry come playoff time.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

Hope you're right - I have $200 on cavs at 28/1 and $100 on Memphis at 70/1

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by mlb View Post
    Right after LeB's announcement that he was coming back to Cleve, I was telling a buddie that I should have seen it (there were clues) and put a few dollars on the Cavs to win the NBA champs (I saw it at 30-1). It's good to see that someboday was smart enough to do that.

BOL

Kaboomba
    Kaboomba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1123

Quote Originally Posted by mlb View Post
    When did you place those?

mlb

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboomba View Post
    When did you place those?
    cavs was sometime in July right before he signed with Cleveland ... had a hunch he was going back and said if he does, it's going to be some good value.

Memphis one my cousin placed for me in vegas in October right after the season started.

both screen shots I put in my thread a few pages back.

these are the only 2 futures I am holding at the moment so I'm wondering if I hedge with some other teams with value or not.

mlb

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kelly View Post
    Right after LeB's announcement that he was coming back to Cleve, I was telling a buddie that I should have seen it (there were clues) and put a few dollars on the Cavs to win the NBA champs (I saw it at 30-1). It's good to see that someboday was smart enough to do that.

BOL
    Thanks man - yeah - I had a feeling he was or at least people made it seem like he was so it was worth the risk!

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboomba View Post
    I wouldn't count out the Mavs. They have a lethal starting lineup if they can find the chemistry and a very good bench. I trust Carlisle to have his team playing at a high level and with chemistry come playoff time.
    Rondo will not get the Mavs to a championship (The poetic me has always wanted to see a Cavs v. Mavs Finals)

Memphis future gets better =

Posted Feb 25 2015 1:30AM

DALLAS (AP) Discord in Dallas, even in victory.
    The Mavericks' rally to beat the Toronto Raptors 99-92 on Tuesday night took place with starting point guard Rajon Rondo affixed to the bench after he and coach Rick Carlisle exchanged words during a timeout early in the third quarter.
    Toronto led 62-53 when Carlisle called out to Rondo, who was dribbling past midcourt. Carlisle then abruptly called time out. After the Dallas players in the game reached the bench area, Carlisle and Rondo had an animated conversation amid a crowd of players and coaches. Rondo didn't return to the game.
    Carlisle said he and Rondo had a "difference of opinion." Asked if Rondo's absence was a coaching decision or disciplinary, Carlisle said Rondo didn't play again "because I'm the coach and that's the decision that I made at the time."
    Asked if Rondo would be Dallas' point guard for Wednesday night's game at Atlanta, Carlisle said, "That's what we brought him here for."
    Rondo didn't speak to the media in the locker room after the game. He played 17:45 and finished with four points, four assists, three fouls and two turnovers.

BOL
    Last edited by Dan Kelly; 02-25-15 at 09:42 AM.