Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Calling it now: Spurs Will Repeat

We are at the All Star Break. Spurs looking shaky some say.

Kawhai Leonard is the best perimeter defender I've seen since Jordan in his prime. This guy is unbelievable on defense. He's on another level than he was last year, when he dominated the NBA finals. To win rings, you need lock down perimeter defenders to deal with guys like Durant and Curry and Harden and Lebron and Wade etc.

Leonard takes so much pressure off Duncan Manu and Parker. Between him and Danny Green and Cory Joseph, they can really lock down the perimeter and force you to make mistakes. Spurs are the same team they were last year, when they destroyed miami. Every other team has gotten better, but the emergence of Leonard is going to be the difference. Watch.

Spurs repeat. Duncan will retire with 6 rings, maybe 7.
    Points Awarded:

ilovelady gave Goat Milk 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ilovelady

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

Kawhai Leonard is the best perimeter defender I've seen since Jordan in his prime. This guy is unbelievable on defense. He's on another level than he was last year, when he dominated the NBA finals. To win rings, you need lock down perimeter defenders to deal with guys like Durant and Curry and Harden and Lebron and Wade etc.

Leonard takes so much pressure off Duncan Manu and Parker. Between him and Danny Green and Cory Joseph, they can really lock down the perimeter and force you to make mistakes. Spurs are the same team they were last year, when they destroyed miami. Every other team has gotten better, but the emergence of Leonard is going to be the difference. Watch.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

Lebron

Finals avgs
    28.2ppg 7.8rbg 4.0apg 2.0spg fg-57.1% ft-79.3%

Season avgs
    27.1ppg 6.9rbg 6.4apg 1.6spg fg-56.1% ft-75%

Leonard played great in the finals, his offense was on and he had a few great defensive possessions but overall he didnt come close to stopping Lebron

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Not this Op again...

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Goat, i respect your analysis on games. But Pippen is the best perimeter defender i've seen my whole life.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Goat give me a line.... we can do betpoints. I'll take you to school.

They aren't going to repeat.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If they are healthy of course they have a shot

once in finals is the easy part its getting there that will be hard

Lincoln Scofield
    Lincoln Scofield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by ;23575713
    Goat Milk
    You're such a fvvkin mush. Idiot.

Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

I like Memphis
    got em last week at 5Dimes at 15-1, you won't see that again.

BOL

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    Lebron

Finals avgs
    28.2ppg 7.8rbg 4.0apg 2.0spg fg-57.1% ft-79.3%

Season avgs
    27.1ppg 6.9rbg 6.4apg 1.6spg fg-56.1% ft-75%

Leonard played great in the finals, his offense was on and he had a few great defensive possessions but overall he didnt come close to stopping Lebron
    How many of those points were scored at moments that actually mattered though? I remember him scoring like 20 in a quarter in a game that never got close.

Not sure all of those were scored against Kawhi either.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Got nothing but 10000 percent respect for Poppa Pop and Tim and Gionobli and Parker and all, but age has caught up to them.
    I saw it in some of the losses this year, the effort is there, but father time is a bitch.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

My opinion, they end up losing to Okc this year

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

what are the current odds?

Tony Parker is the better Point Guard in the league.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

10-1 ?

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

You need them to stay healthy. Parker is starting to look washed up. He's still a really good player but he's a half step slow. Injuries and wear and tear have taken their toll.

Duncan's biggest contributions come from his length which is why he's still such an important part of this team.

They can still win but I don't think they will stay healthy enough to do it.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Spurs should just rest the whole second half of the season and do just enough to get the #8 seed

that way they can go ahead and knock the Warriors out in the first round and get it over with before they get too tired.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Spurs will not repeat.

Last year was a mission to avenge the brutal loss to the heat.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Wouldn`t surprise me.
    Memphis as well.
    Hou, Clips, OKC (mostly F/U coaching) all posers

Golden State is a great team to watch, not sure in 7 games against S.A or Grizz.

On a side note, Condi Rice still has a decent ass.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

warriors/cavs... book it.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

It was this time of year last year that Scott Van Pelt said the Spurs would win the title. He was right, but they don't have the same feel this year.

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

I like your thinking! Spurs are on the rodeo tour now and the team is starting to click again!

Coach Poppovich is the grand chess master of NBA coaches!

Don't doubt the Spurs. Coach Popp is just now going to be able to get them rolling again!

ilovelady
    ilovelady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 609

i also love the spurs! you're right. leonard will be the difference

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Wouldn`t surprise me.
    Memphis as well.
    Hou, Clips, OKC (mostly F/U coaching) all posers

Golden State is a great team to watch, not sure in 7 games against S.A or Grizz.

On a side note, Condi Rice still has a decent ass.
    I wouldn't say Houston are posers.
    They've won 36 games, a lot of them with Joey Dorsey in the middle.
    Howard comes back in April, that takes half the load off of Harden, who is the real MVP of the league, I say that because are the Rockets where they are right now without Harden? He's been carrying that team on his back.

Ariza has been heating up lately, has anybody been paying attention to what Josh Smith has been doing off the bench lately (finally)
    and Montiejuanos is so under the radar good too.

Here's the problem, Rockets ain't winning shit with P-Bev running point, but, I'm hearing Dragic might be availalbe from Phoenix, he's an upgrade, but he's not a championship PG either.

With a healthy Howard, Houston would have to win it with the big two, Harden and Dwight.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Howard comes back in April, that takes half the load off of Harden, who is the real MVP of the league, I say that because are the Rockets where they are right now without Harden? He's been carrying that team on his back.

Ariza has been heating up lately, has anybody been paying attention to what Josh Smith has been doing off the bench lately (finally)

Here's the problem, Rockets ain't winning shit with P-Bev running point, but, I'm hearing Dragic might be availalbe from Phoenix, he's an upgrade, but he's not a championship PG either.

With a healthy Howard, Houston would have to win it with the big two, Harden and Dwight.
    I was feelin you till you came at Bev. They need pat bev. Lol there is literally NO WAY they get Dragic, Literally... no way. What they really need is a dj augustin type scorer off the bench at point. Other than that their team is fcking stacked when healthy. But so is the whole west playoff race.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    I was feelin you till you came at Bev. They need pat bev. Lol there is literally NO WAY they get Dragic, Literally... no way. What they really need is a dj augustin type scorer off the bench at point. Other than that their team is fcking stacked when healthy. But so is the whole west playoff race.
    Here's the thing with P-Bev, like the girl with the curl, when he's good, he's very good, when he's off, like the 5 point clunker he threw in last week, he's God awful.
    I kind of like the kid, but he's got to be much more consistent.

regarding Dragic:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...dragic-sources

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

Quote Originally Posted by GIVEMETHEMONEY View Post
    I like your thinking! Spurs are on the rodeo tour now and the team is starting to click again!

Coach Poppovich is the grand chess master of NBA coaches!

Don't doubt the Spurs. Coach Popp is just now going to be able to get them rolling again!
    Getting them rolling again is one thing, but winning it all again won't happen.

GIVEMETHEMONEY

Quote Originally Posted by italianbandit View Post
    Getting them rolling again is one thing, but winning it all again won't happen.
    As coach Rudy T of the Rockets said, "Don't underestimate the heart of a champion!

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Answer to OP: Spurs will repeat alright, they will repeat their mediocre 1st half. They aren't going to win anything but free passes to the old age home. Duncan should be like P. Manning and be mulling retirement. Go out on top, not a bum like Favre.

GIVEMETHEMONEY

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Answer to OP: Spurs will repeat alright, they will repeat their mediocre 1st half. They aren't going to win anything but free passes to the old age home. Duncan should be like P. Manning and be mulling retirement. Go out on top, not a bum like Favre.
    But Favre is at leas a rich bum and he even was in a movie.
    Just remember the Atlanta Falcons had Favre early in his career and they traded him.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Quote Originally Posted by GIVEMETHEMONEY View Post
    But Favre is at leas a rich bum and he even was in a movie.
    Just remember the Atlanta Falcons had Favre early in his career and they traded him.
    WTF does that have to do with the Spurs????? I was making an analogy about retirement. Wow he was in a movie. LOL. Does anybody get more face time on TV than Manning with all those stupid commercial's???? Favre left the league a "bum".

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Parker is washed up I dont think the Spurs are the same this year plus the other teams all got better
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 44 Mag

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

[QUOTE=stevenash;23579039]I wouldn't say Houston are posers.

With a healthy Howard, Houston would have to win it with the big two, Harden and Dwight.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they would have to win it with a big one then. Howard is anything but big.

stevenash

[QUOTE=meader99;23583891]
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

With a healthy Howard, Houston would have to win it with the big two, Harden and Dwight.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they would have to win it with a big one then. Howard is anything but big.
    6' 11" isn't big?

12 Last