go pistons
    go pistons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Double down at the half w/ SUNS -2

Love the pace, doubling down with Suns -2 at DSI for the 2nd half! Will still be up big for the weekend because of Pistons yesterday!

Both are over 50 and it's a Phoenix type of game!!

GO SUNS!!

ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

It's 2.5 at 5dimes...wish it was 2 would feel more comfortable...still thinking of making a play

go pistons

All Over It To Cap Off A Huge Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

go pistons

I would even take it at 3 man!! Spurs will not keep up

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Let's get this one. I got it at 2.5 at 5dimes too.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Save your money. Spurs win this game.

Take the second half under 100 instead.

go pistons

Not a chance, Suns win going away!

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yikes, I wish I would have seen this thread earlier. Some of you probably don't get to see the Spurs very often (especially those living in the north), and thus aren't accustomed to the fact that the Spurs can play very effectively at an up-tempo game when they need to. I think it's a very common misconception to think of the Spurs in terms of being similar to Houston or Utah (i.e. slow, deliberate half court team that excels at the fundamentals). In reality, they are quite adaptive and are one of the few teams that can play slow or fast with equal precision. It's the collective basketball IQ of the team that makes them so difficult to play against. They never seem to be dominating, never truly scare you into thinking they're going to run away with the game, don't look particularly intimidating on paper...

uPaxus
    uPaxus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley View Post
    Yikes, I wish I would have seen this thread earlier. Some of you probably don't get to see the Spurs very often (especially those living in the north), and thus aren't accustomed to the fact that the Spurs can play very effectively at an up-tempo game when they need to. I think it's a very common misconception to think of the Spurs in terms of being similar to Houston or Utah (i.e. slow, deliberate half court team that excels at the fundamentals). In reality, they are quite adaptive and are one of the few teams that can play slow or fast with equal precision. It's the collective basketball IQ of the team that makes them so difficult to play against. They never seem to be dominating, never truly scare you into thinking they're going to run away with the game, don't look particularly intimidating on paper...
    Well stated.

I was on San Antonio at +3, +3 1/2 and +5 1/2 (In Running).

Let's see what the future holds for San Antonio.

Good Luck on your future plays.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley View Post
    This a very good charcterization of this team babaoriley. You're also right on about geographical perception. In Canada one is susceptible to the misconceptions you speak of because we don't get to see the Spurs play much.

I made a lot on the Raptors throughout year betting against U.S. misconceptions of that team. I learned about the Spurs from a neighbour pal whose a huge fan because he studied in Texas. Just to be on the safe side, in this matchup I teased them with the Cavs, which cashed fine . . .

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I lived in San Antonio for two years and watched the Spurs all the time and I still can't figure this team out. They will be tough to beat...