Betpoints: 5815

Kobe Bryant has to stop !!

Ball Don't Lie
    Kobe Bryant has to stop
    By Kelly Dwyer
    4 hours ago
    Ball Don't Lie
    

Mocking Kobe Bryant’s shot selection has acted as a gleeful exercise for NBA observers since the spring of 1997: Bryant’s rookie year, when the teenager was either charged with or decided to personally take several ill-advised jumpers down the stretch of Los Angeles’ Game 5 loss to the Utah Jazz in the Western Conference semis. Elden Campbell missed 12 of 13 shots in that game, and Lakers not named “Kobe” were embarrassingly incompetent at defending the pick-and-roll, but Bryant’s airballs and 4-14 shooting mark were given the most blame.

In the years since, it’s been just fine to contain multitudes regarding Bryant: Kobe does take lots of terrible, inefficient shots, but he also makes quite a few of them and remains one of the greatest players of his generation.

This year, however, stands as less charming. The Lakers were never going to make the playoffs and Bryant is to be credited for his usage alone – it takes a special NBA athlete to be able to get off 22.4 shots per game at age 36. Sunday evening’s Lakers loss to the Sacramento Kings, though, was downright embarrassing. And all because of Kobe.

With the Lakers up 13 points midway through the third quarter, Bryant decided to close out the Lakers/Kings contest in this fashion:

Each time we thought Bryant had topped himself with a terrible shot, he dug in deeper and continued to toss them up. Attempts that wouldn’t have been appropriate even in Bryant’s prime were served as his go-to moves, as this one-man flotilla completely shot the Lakers out of a game they eventually lost by seven.

Kobe finished with an 8-of-30 mark from the field, keeping his most ardent admirers happy with 25 points accrued from those 30 shots. Bryant turned the ball over nine times. His defense was Kobe Bryant-esque – two cool steals but plenty of blow-byes.

Following the contest, as you no doubt are already aware, Lakers coach Byron Scott floated the idea that a fatigued Bryant should sit a contest or two in order to rest the legs that decided to shoot 30 times. From Yahoo Sports’ Marc J. Spears:

When asked if Bryant's offensive struggles were due to fatigue or being aggressive offensively, Scott said: "That's fatigue. I think that goes hand in hand. I'm going to think about it tonight and sit down with Kobe tomorrow and we'll talk about it. We'll come up with a solution and try to figure out the next few games and what we want to do."
    Bryant responded:

"I don't have much of a choice if the body is feeling the way it's feeling right now," Bryant told Yahoo Sports. "You got to be smart. You got to make sure you get enough return on your investment. With the amount of work that I do and put into my body and to get my body ready, for it to be sore as it is right now, sometimes you do have to consider sitting down.”
    If you’re a mindful Lakers fan, this should be infuriating.

Kobe Bryant reminding us that one has “to be smart,” even as he’s taking some of the least-intelligent shots available.

Byron Scott refusing to stand up to his former teammate and current buddy in the hopes of remaining Bryant’s ally, citing fatigue as the reason Kobe Bryant ran up and down the court for nearly 38 minutes while tossing up 30 shots. He’d have tossed up more had he not turned the ball over nine times.

Over the last fortnight, seven games, Kobe Bryant has averaged 22.5 shots per game – right in line with his season average. He’s shot 31.6 percent from the field over that spell, the work of a madman.

The Lakers stink, though, right? Kobe has to do this in order for this team to survive, correct?

We’re 27 games into the season. It’s time to start paying attention to stuff like this:

The idea that Bryant has to carry some imaginary load is ridiculous. The Lakers have proven they can be more than a competent (numbers-wise, quite good actually) offensive club when Bryant is off the floor.

The Lakers’ numbers with Bryant sitting might be pumped up because they’re sometimes working against second-string reserves, but the Lakers are usually working with second-stringers themselves during that scenario. Yes, Kobe’s situation stinks, but that doesn’t mean he needs to be jacking up a league-leading amount of shots per game mark while shooting 37 percent from the field. And don’t start on the idea that Kobe can play point guard – he’s working with a 1.4 assist to one turnover ratio this season.

One of those second-stringers, Nick Young, managed a quite efficient 26 points on 14 shots in the loss on Sunday, without turning the ball over. When it came time to talk about resting Kobe, this is what he offered, via Sam Amick of USA Today:

"Hats off to , still going out there every night and trying to do his best," Young began before offering his solution. "Just give me the ball, and that's what could happen. I'm always down to take over the load. Let me, let Wayne take a couple shots. But majority, just give me the ball."
    Bryant "still goes out there at night and tries to give his best. We need Kobe out there, and he knows it. But he don't need to kill himself. That's what I'm here for."
    Again, when Nick Young is acting as your voice of reason, it’s time to look in the mirror. That goes for Kobe, Scott and the entire Lakers front office and ownership group.

The basketball cognoscenti had a lot of fun goofing on Bryant’s shot selection on Twitter
    the articles dispels this idea w/STATS that Kobe has to take all those awfully low pct. shots for the Lakers to have a chance to win on a nightly basis (what I've been saying all along)

No disrespect, but Bean is done

on Sunday evening, but at some point, though, this stops being funny. Yes, some Lakers fans can be annoying, and those fans certainly have decades of dynastic basketball to warm themselves with in light of a losing season. Sacramento Kings don’t want to hear Lakers whining when the team is just 4 1/2 years removed from its last (and second straight) NBA title, when the Kings have made it to the third round of the playoffs just once since moving to California.

Rest is not the answer, and rest is not what Kobe’s going to get. The Lakers (who signed Bryant to a two-year, $48.5 million deal to keep their fans happy) aren’t going to sit him in front of the home crowd on Tuesday against Golden State, and they’re certainly not going to sit him in a nationally televised Christmas Day contest against the Chicago Bulls and upstart off guard Jimmy Butler on Christmas Day.

Kobe Bryant is 36. He may be a psychotic competitor and he may be working for a terrible team, but as one ages one is supposed to accrue intelligence as the years pile on. Bryant is working with the sort of shot selection that would get a player half his age pulled from an AAU or high school game.

This has to be the low point. Somebody needs to put a stop to this. It starts with the guy with the ball in his hands
    Last edited by Menses; 12-23-14 at 04:15 AM.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Kobe will never let another player carry the load because he is desperately trying to maintain his value with the Lakers. If Young carries the load, people will realize Young is capable of doing Kobe's job better than him. That's when Kobe becomes dispensable. Kobe can't phantom the idea the Lakers being better without him. Dude got ego problems.

dalogester
    dalogester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Tldr

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Rest is not the answer, and rest is not what Kobe’s going to get. The Lakers (who signed Bryant to a two-year, $48.5 million deal to keep their fans happy) aren’t going to sit him in front of the home crowd on Tuesday against Golden State, and they’re certainly not going to sit him in a nationally televised Christmas Day contest against the Chicago Bulls and upstart off guard Jimmy Butler on Christmas Day.

Kobe Bryant is 36. He may be a psychotic competitor and he may be working for a terrible team, but as one ages one is supposed to accrue intelligence as the years pile on. Bryant is working with the sort of shot selection that would get a player half his age pulled from an AAU or high school game.

This has to be the low point. Somebody needs to put a stop to this. It starts with the guy with the ball in his hands
    THIS IS AWESOME.. Menses,

i am going to make a nice cup of Java first to enjoy while i watch

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )))))))))))

Ratzz

wow.. this is sick. He is psychotic... he blamed the refs on most of those TOs/

i/we have been pointing this out for years.. but folks are beginning to wise up..

even Kobetards are waking up.. one-by-one.. lol

great post.. write/up, !

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post

i/we have been pointing this out for years.. but folks are beginning to wise up..

great post.. write/up, !
    This is what I found most distasteful about his performance. The shot jacking, and poor decisions he made on the court are nothing knew. He was doing that in his prime. It was the complaining to the Refs about turnovers and offensive fouls that were clearly his fault that I found despicable. This clown should have fouled out late in the 3rd quarter...as several of his outbursts would have been technical fouls had they been anybody else, including Durant, a far superior player.

He got away with murder last night as far as I am concerned...Byron Scott is spineless...and the only explanation for his silence is that he is in on the TANK....in which case, so be it...Magic might know more than he is letting on...Cuban was right...Kobe should have been amnestied and then signed for a year only...They could have then gone after Monroe, J Smoove..Isiah Thomas..and Bledsoe...and then maybe they would have had a shot at Durant...next year..instead they shackled themselves to 50 mill for Kobe and 15 million more when he resigns at 38 lol....

What a nightmare for Laker fans....!!!

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

BOTH you guys have started this exact KOBE bashing thread multiple times.

How about maybe something on another topic?? Like an angle on betting a game perhaps.

BTW, not a huge KOBE guy as a Celtic fan, but certainly respect his resume. Leave the ols FUKK alone.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post

How about maybe something on another topic?? Like an angle on betting a game perhaps.

BTW, not a huge KOBE guy as a Celtic fan, but certainly respect his resume. Leave the ols FUKK alone.
    hmm... let me think... "NOPE!"

Bean deserves it. every last bit.

when Beans stops. we'll stop

Ratzz

hmm... let me think... "NOPE!"

Bean deserves it. every last bit.

when Beans stops. we'll stop
    Kobetards deserve it as well... but they are a dwindling species...

hey Menses, i would like to declare the "North American Kobetard" an endangered species..
    there are only a few thousand left in the wild..

and just a handful in captivity (all employed by the Buss family)
    Kobe/Byron Scott are killing them all.. how can we help stop it?

i would like to start a website and a fund to help save them.. any ideas?
    Last edited by Ratzz; 12-23-14 at 02:35 PM.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

It's the same person using multiple accounts, haven't you figured that out yet??

Menses

You don't fool me......I can smell a Kobe fan a mile away...usually they start with "I am not a huge Kobe guy"........which is double speak for...."I am a Kobe fan and cannot stomach any more bashing of my idol"......LOL......Anyone who is truly not a Kobe fan is enjoying every bit of what is happening to this clown..as he has gotten away with too much over the years...

We will not leave "the ol FUK" alone....We will revisit this subject almost as much as CNN talks about ISIS, or al Qaeda or ISIL or CIA (aren't they one in the same? whoops wrong board..LMAO) or Miley Cyrus....LOLOL.........

Menses

Kobetards deserve it as well... but they are a dwindling species...

hey Menses, i would like to declare the "North American Kobetard" an endangered species..
    there are only a few thousand left in the wild..

and just a handful in captivity (all employed by the Buss family)
    Kobe/Byron Scott are killing them all.. how can we help stop it?

i would like to start a website and a fund to help save them.. any ideas?
    LOL....Great idea...can we get Sally Struthers to do the promo video? Is the still active? Perhaps we can employ all of the current talentless hacks on top 40 radio to do "Kobe Tard Live AID"......LOLOL....Its a shame Casey Casem is no longer with us to introduce the song....

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I cannot stand Kobe and called him the poor mans Jordan since he started pretty much. But these threads are really becoming every bit the clown show and just sad much like Bryants shot selection! You clowns or clown have beaten this dead horse to the point of insanity. And you are not enlightening anyone really on what we all can see with our eyes. Ratzz you mentioned awhile back when I brought up the great Sacramento playoff heist that you weren't even aware of it and haven't been watching hoops for long. So it sounds like you might have missed his prime or a good chunk and just piling on now to what is a very easy target while he's at his lowest point. Anyhow like I said these threads are sad/pathetic as Kobes career these days.

Menses

To give folks an idea of how ridiculous Bryant has become...take a look at tonights Minny Cavs game...Wiggins currently has 22 pts on 13 shots...Kobe had 25 on 30 shots...LOL....a 20 year old rookie has a higher basketball IQ than a 36 year old veteran. LOL...something is clearly wrong with that picture...

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    I cannot stand Kobe and called him the poor mans Jordan since he started pretty much. But these threads are really becoming every bit the clown show and just sad much like Bryants shot selection! You clowns or clown have beaten this dead horse to the point of insanity. And you are not enlightening anyone really on what we all can see with our eyes. Ratzz you mentioned awhile back when I brought up the great Sacramento playoff heist that you weren't even aware of it and haven't been watching hoops for long. So it sounds like you might have missed his prime or a good chunk and just piling on now to what is a very easy target while he's at his lowest point. Anyhow like I said these threads are sad/pathetic as Kobes career these days.
    We do go overboard...but you must understand, watching this clown destroy himself and his team is far too entertaining to ignore...and it is happening on other boards every day..lol.....The guy goes on a selfish rant and throws the entire team under the bus...while hurling expletives at his GM..the same GM that just gave him 50 mill....and we are supposed to sit idly by and ignore it when he falls flat on his face just a few days later? When this clown adapts his game to the environment he finds himself in...I will stop making posts...lol

Menses

great post.. write/up, !

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

What a surprise... Lakers are so much better without him.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by new era View Post
    What a surprise... Lakers are so much better without him.
    Jeremy Lin agrees...didn't Kobe call him soft? Hahaha...Fucing Jerk.....