View Poll Results: Who will get to the Western Conference finals in GS's side of the bracket?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Houston

2 18.18%
  • Utah

2 18.18%
  • Golden State

6 54.55%
  • Dallas

1 9.09%
    fearless
    fearless's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who will get to the Western Conference finals in GS's side of the bracket?

It's wide open now. I'm picking Golden State.

Wheell
    Wheell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1022

I'll take Dallas to beat GS in 7 and hou in 5

fearless
    fearless's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheell View Post
    I'll take Dallas to beat GS in 7 and hou in 5
    You have a lot of confidence in a team that's already proven to be chokers. I'm not even sure if they'll really show up for the next game. I heard a former NBA player say that there's two ways a team with their backs against the wall approaches an elimination game: 1. They fight for their lives. 2. They come in thinking about their nice vacations.

If you're Dallas and you've lost 8 of 9 to GS and you controlled the tempo in this game, played great, and still lost, you have to be frustrated, mentally fatigued, and ready to give up.

The Mavs will never admit it but I wouldn't be surprised if they're mentally preparing for an extra long vacation this year, even if it's just in the backs of their minds, it probably sounds a little appealing.
    Last edited by fearless; 04-30-07 at 12:52 AM.

TheProphet
    TheProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am kind of curious how you have Houston in 5 considering the series has to go 6 now no matter what

gridironguy
    gridironguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

GS has not beaten Dallas 8 out of 9 this season, it is actually 6 out of 7, and 5 out 6 vs. Dallas's starters. In Dallas's final game of the year which happened to be at GS, they rested the starters for the entire game.

I am rooting hard for GS and have been from the get-go. When they won game 1 in Dallas, I proclaimed to this very board that they were going to upset Dallas. But, they are still very dangerous.

I predict they will win Game 5 in Dallas (not going out on a limb here), and then Game 6 is when GS must close them out. I wonder if the Warriors will start to feel pressure in Game 6 because they know that the best thing to do with a great team like Dallas is to close them out and NOT go back to Dallas for Game 7.

This series is far from over, imo. Much like Phoenix who was down 3-1 to the Lakers last season, a strong team gaining momentum is very very dangerous until the 4th game against them is won.