forthekidz
    forthekidz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Fading the squares... I am the bookie

So I still make my own plays but recently my friend's friends are interested in making small time wagers..

For the heck of it I started taking their bets. There's only 3 of them and they usually sit at a bar and make their picks. For the last 3 days they have had all chalk on their cards..

Once in a while I like the same bet as their's and just bet for them online. Most of the time I don't agree, lol, because 95% of their bets are the most square on the board and I don't think they understand what that means.

They are down roughly $300 after 3 days so I figured I would post their picks for you in case they stay on a serious losing streak, and honestly there's 0 chance they win in the long run with their betting tactics.

I'll just keep this thread running for a while and see how profitable it is to fade them.. So far today, they have wagered the following..

Warriors -9 for $50
    Blazers -6 for $20
    Grizzlies -6.5 for $20
    Gonzaga -13.5 for $20
    Louisville -22.5 for $20

I'm sure they'll have more later. I don't really hang out in the college forum so sorry if a few of those are included here instead..

forthekidz

Ps: not ONE dog on the card yet, lol

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

If your friends are of any importance to you, stop booking their action. You will definitely lose one or all withing the near future by your fault or theirs. It never all works out. Don't mix booking and friendship.

forthekidz

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    If your friends are of any importance to you, stop booking their action. You will definitely lose one or all withing the near future by your fault or theirs. It never all works out. Don't mix booking and friendship.
    Like I said, it's not my friends.. My friend's friends. I do not know them. I would never do that.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by forthekidz View Post
    Like I said, it's not my friends.. My friend's friends. I do not know them. I would never do that.
    gotcha

forthekidz

Maybe my friend's work associates would be a better way to put it. He's fading them with me so they're not too good of friends. Lol

forthekidz

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    gotcha
    I definitely agree with your advice though!

Romerowned
    Romerowned's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2811

How much juice are you charging?

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Romerowned View Post
    How much juice are you charging?
    This is the real question here.

Favorites cover just as often as dogs so by betting favorites every game, you'll do just as well as you would betting dogs every game.

The juice is where people lose money over time.

birdman24
    birdman24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15432

You don't have enough guys for it to work. You need at least 30 guys and when they all have same side that's the game you fade.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

If you can't figure out the square sides without booking action u are a square. You book action to make money on their action, not to bet the opposite. This will be a waste of time. However, make sure you track this as you might be able to sell the book rights or a thesis paper one day. Good luck!

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    If you can't figure out the square sides without booking action u are a square. You book action to make money on their action, not to bet the opposite. This will be a waste of time. However, make sure you track this as you might be able to sell the book rights or a thesis paper one day. Good luck!
    You are one of the stronger assets of this site imo. (forgetting the fact that you post here). Any Joe with some time in the program knows what the square side is.

but I think you are wrong

"There's gold in them mountains" if you read things right. Square sides also hit. Squares also have winning nights. Winning weekends. Even winning seasons. If you play long enough and get some time in the game, you can see when the sharps are gonna get toasted. When you read into action, enough action, the right action, you can win.