gridironguy
    gridironguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

2 half-point losses (NJ and Denver) and I'm sick

Meaningless foul by Kidd late yesterday, and by Blake tonight...

Winning games big, and losing closing ones.

Absolutely sick.

gridironguy

I should've never messed with babaoriley in the other thread.

the karma killed me.

abacus30
    abacus30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Exact same thing here Gridiron... both games I went down in flames with you. Stupidass fouls that make absolutely no sense at all... except to fu*k us!

We were on the right side of both these games. I honestly believe that.

LargeMouthBass
    LargeMouthBass's Avatar Become A Pro!

So you went with Denver? Well, at least you bought some back. Let's go GS!!!!

TheProphet
    TheProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!

I went with Denver as well, but in all honesty being a person who has played basketball sports in D-1 level I don't blame Blake for the foul at all or Kid for the foul. You are a competitor the last thing you care about is the betting line at the end of the game as long as there is any time left on the clock you want to foul and give yourself a miracle shot at a comeback. If people didn't do that then Tracy McGrady could of never scored 12 points in the last 36 seconds against San Antonio to win the game. A player does what it takes to win a game no matter how much they are down it sucks sometimes as a bettor, but as a competitor I totally understand their thought process a never give up player is the kind of guy you want on your team.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

i been buying pts and hit both of those games

with the dogs

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was fortunate to be on the winning side of both these games, and while I will openly admit Toronto wasn't a very good play last night, San Antonio dominated that game tonight, and was clearly the right side. It was still a miracle cover, but there's no way anyone could watch the Spurs lead by DDs for 40 minutes and think anything else was the correct play.
    I do feel for Nuggets backers, because I've been there many times myself - which is why I generally bet the NBA lightly. I wish the Spurs would have just stayed up by 15 the last couple minutes so that no one had to go through that pain.

gridironguy

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    I went with Denver as well, but in all honesty being a person who has played basketball sports in D-1 level I don't blame Blake for the foul at all or Kid for the foul. You are a competitor the last thing you care about is the betting line at the end of the game as long as there is any time left on the clock you want to foul and give yourself a miracle shot at a comeback. If people didn't do that then Tracy McGrady could of never scored 12 points in the last 36 seconds against San Antonio to win the game. A player does what it takes to win a game no matter how much they are down it sucks sometimes as a bettor, but as a competitor I totally understand their thought process a never give up player is the kind of guy you want on your team.
    True, but hard to digest when cash is lost. Ultimately though, they play to win the game. Just like Herman Edwards said :-)

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the worst beats come in the NBA. The score swings are quite volatile and the last minute can dramatically change evrything because of fouls. Bet the NBA lightly. I prefer to go heavy on Baseball, light on NBA, moderate on Football, and moderate - light in Hockey.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Don't worry. I've been getting the shaft in bases.

Walk offs with 2 outs and 2 strikes
    4 consecutive home runs with 2 outs
    11 runs scored, all done with 2 outs

Sheit just happens like this, and you can only hope you will end up on the right side the next time.

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

That stinks, onlooker. Sorry to hear it. I've had my history of bad beats too. Just usually in the NBA. I guess that's why we should never put too much of our betting capital on ONE game as anything can happen. What's your money mgmt approach? I never put more than 10% of my acct on a game and that's ONLY if I'm VERY confident in the outcome. I usually bet about 3% on your run of the mill games.

cincy_1
    cincy_1's Avatar Become A Pro!

The foul by Blake was just useless.

abacus30
    abacus30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    This is sour grapes, I know ... but please don't try and say Blake/Nuggets fouling (down by 7 w/ 9 seconds left) or Kidd/Nets fouling (down by 4 w/3 seconds left) had any chance whatsoever to win those games. It's just not physically possible with time going off the clock when inbounding (multiple times), take time off the clock when making needed shots and time off the clock for rebounding necessary missed free throws (by Raptors and Spurs) and get down the court to make the next shot.

Great thing about gambling though, you've always got tomorrow! And I'm going heavy on the Pistons and a little on the Jazz. After the Kidd/Blake debacle, you might wanna fade me...

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14497

I can relate to large margin wins and tight losses gridironguy. That always seems to be the way, or maybe that's just how things shape up in my memory over time. But it seems like I lose a lot of games that finish up around the number and often when I win, the margin is considerate. I guess that's just how the ball bounces . . .

TheProphet
    TheProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by abacus30 View Post
    This is sour grapes, I know ... but please don't try and say Blake/Nuggets fouling (down by 7 w/ 9 seconds left) or Kidd/Nets fouling (down by 4 w/3 seconds left) had any chance whatsoever to win those games. It's just not physically possible with time going off the clock when inbounding (multiple times), take time off the clock when making needed shots and time off the clock for rebounding necessary missed free throws (by Raptors and Spurs) and get down the court to make the next shot.

Great thing about gambling though, you've always got tomorrow! And I'm going heavy on the Pistons and a little on the Jazz. After the Kidd/Blake debacle, you might wanna fade me...
    Do I feel like they had a chance to come back in my heart or logically think they could know. There have been a lot of things I didn't think that could happen have happened before did anyone think Reggie Miller would hit a 3 get a steal and hit another 3 to win the Conference Championships HECK NO. As a player you play your ass off the whole game no matter how much you are down at that point it is a judgment call, but when you have played an intense game and especially in Denvers case where they came storming back to have a shot at the win it is hard to stop and give up even with only 7 seconds left. I can't be mad at a guy for trying his ass of to help his team win I get mad at the guys who don't try and don't play hard.