Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    All guys you named are question marks, you want them to give away an established player like Love and in return get potential. There is no other player in the league like Love even remotely on the offensive end at his position
    This has to be a joke.

Aldridge? Griffin? I mean you could argue he's better offensively than both (and I would disagree but still somewhat see it as a respectable opinion) but saying no one is REMOTELY close to him? Wow.

Also wouldn't a good offensive player (as you claim Love to be leaps and bounds better than everyone at his position on offense) deliver clutch shots. Like, ever? I think he has 2 game winning shots in 6 years. lol.

This guy will lose forever if he doesn't team if with a LeBron or a Durant so he might as well do it right now.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    This has to be a joke.

Aldridge? Griffin? I mean you could argue he's better offensively than both (and I would disagree but still somewhat see it as a respectable opinion) but saying no one is REMOTELY close to him? Wow.

Also wouldn't a good offensive player (as you claim Love to be leaps and bounds better than everyone at his position on offense) deliver clutch shots. Like, ever? I think he has 2 game winning shots in 6 years. lol.

This guy will lose forever if he doesn't team if with a LeBron or a Durant so he might as well do it right now.
    No single person in the league rebounds and shoots 3's like Love. Those guys dont shoot 3's, thats what I meant by that. And no I dont think he's better than Aldridge offensively inside of 18 feet.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

K Love is good for fantasy basketball, not winning championships

timbaland99
    timbaland99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Where is the depths for Cleveland if they trade for Love? Where are the role players, the bench players? Bennett didnt have a good year as a rookie, to put it mildly. He was injured and wasnt the same after he put on weight due to being injured. He is looki g awesome in the summer league and he has gotten in great shape which means he lost the weight. Bennett only goes up from here. Assuming he is a draft bust is taking part in some premature ejaculation on your assessment of his talent

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

CAVS

Varejeo
    Love
    James
    Waiters
    Irving

T. Thompson
    Mike Miller
    Ray Allen?
    Hayword

not bad depth... Waiters was great at the point last year when Irving went down, I think injuries are a concern though... Varejeo, Love, Irving all are injury prone...

Serious question here... I am all for the Cavs doing whatever they gotta do to get Love NOW, so they can win NOW... but what are the chances Love turns into Bosh, a jump shooting PF who can't create his own shot and is a defensive liability? Hes gonna need touches to produce, a lot of touches. I think that's a legit concern.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    K Love is good for fantasy basketball, not winning championships
    Ok, who's better at his position...

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    He is a top-tier athlete. Athletes like him only come around once in a blue moon.

He is an elite defender. Showed it at Kansas.

He is very coachable. Self and others have raved about how coachable he is. Not stubborn like some kids.

Has all the tools to be a great player. Can put the ball on the floor. Can finish at the rim as good as anyone. Has good handles for a SF.

He has an NBA ready body. A lot of these college kids come into the NBA as a toothpick. His body will only fill out more as he gets older.

Main thing he has to work on is his jumpshot. He doesn't have a consistent jumpshot, and needs to develop a 3pt shot. Not worried about it though, his jumper will improve.

Ok now your turn, what makes you think he won't be good.
    everything ur basing it on is versus inferior talent in college and now the D league
    i can care less what he did cuz it doesnt always translate to the nba
    everything is maybe, could be, might be, hopefully, etc etc
    nothing is concrete thats why i rather trade him for something definate
    u have no idea what wiggins will be but u know exactly what love is and can provide NOW

i can care less about whether wiggins will become one of the best players in the nba
    because i cant trade his ass for some1 that already is one of the best RIGHT NOW
    and that is my main argument
    u can trade some1 who MIGHT be a top tier player for some1 that is already a top tier NOW and pair him with lebron and irving
    Last edited by jsmithj88; 07-20-14 at 02:18 AM.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    CAVS

Varejeo
    Love
    James
    Waiters
    Irving

T. Thompson
    Mike Miller
    Ray Allen?
    Hayword

not bad depth... Waiters was great at the point last year when Irving went down, I think injuries are a concern though... Varejeo, Love, Irving all are injury prone...
    That's not really very good depth considering how injuries will almost certainly occur & when they do it's gonna be ugly for this rotation. In a perfect storm if nobody goes down & this is what you have to work with it's pretty weak imo.

Thompson is solid but Miller is always less than 100% if he's even on the floor. Allen isn't even on the team yet & is a yr older & has been inconsistent last couple yrs & Haywood is not good.
    James Jones could help but does nothing but shoot. I think Dellavedova isn't getting the attention he deserves. He looked pretty good last yr when Irving went down.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

This has to be a joke.

By contrast, how many game winners did LeBron hit in his first 6 years? The debate should really be about who fits the Cavs roster better. Right now its Love without question. He will open up much more space for LeBron, Irving and Waiters to attack the rim. They will have tremendous spacing when Love and Miller are on the court together. You could wait for Wiggins to develop, but what if he never pans out? What if it takes 3+ years and LeBron is on the decline?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

CAVS

Varejeo
    Love
    James
    Waiters
    Irving

T. Thompson
    Mike Miller
    Ray Allen?
    Hayword

Serious question here... I am all for the Cavs doing whatever they gotta do to get Love NOW, so they can win NOW... but what are the chances Love turns into Bosh, a jump shooting PF who can't create his own shot and is a defensive liability? Hes gonna need touches to produce, a lot of touches. I think that's a legit concern.
    Sorry, but this post cracked me up. Not bad depth? That's the definition of bad depth.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Sorry, but this post cracked me up. Not bad depth? That's the definition of bad depth.
    Agreed. That bench is awful.
    A 40 year old Ray Allen, a 35 year old white guy in Miller who showed he doesnt have much left even though he played in 82 games last year.
    But remember the Heat's bench was pretty awful as well when winning those rings.
    I think the Cavs jumped the gun with those 2 signings and could have waited a week or 2 for a couple of decent free agents willing to take a small cut to play for them. But Lebron obviously made the call of those additions before he signed I'm sure.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Yep, if the NBA was a 3 on 3 tourney then maybe it would be a good trade.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    No single person in the league rebounds and shoots 3's like Love. Those guys dont shoot 3's, thats what I meant by that. And no I dont think he's better than Aldridge offensively inside of 18 feet.
    Fair enough. Misunderstood ya.

Aldridge actually picked his rebounding way up last year which coincided with him having his best season. Obviously not on Love's level yet.

It just pisses me off when people compare Love to Dirk (not you) and say he's better just because he has better numbers.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

The choice is simple. Trade Love and get an incredibly talented player in return along with Bennett and another pick.

OR

Don't trade Love, miss the playoffs again, and lose him for nothing at the end of the season.

Hmmm... This is a tough one.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

Now the bulls are pushing hard and its driving the price for love up.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

^^^I've paid the price for love and I dont think the price could have been any higher

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

I am director of player development for an nba franchise so my opinion holds a little more weight than you armchair jockey shut ins.

guy will have a long career and contribute defensively but will never be #1 or #2 option.

what has given anyone the idea he will be a great player?

he is just another workout warrior. doesn't have the IT factor. not a fierce competitor. doesn't create his own shot or distribute the basketball well. not a great shooter.

gerald green/Vince carter type

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Wouldn't trade Wiggins if I'm the Cavs....Would give up any other combo of players/picks besides Kyrie or Lebron obviously

If someone else bids higher, oh well

Still think a combo of Waiters, Thompson, Bennett, and 1st rounders would be a fair deal for a player that won't even resign in a year.....If the Wolves don't bite or get a better offer from some other team, so be it

Wiggins will be great learning under James if given the chance

If Kevin Love is smart he says that he will only sign an extension with Cleveland if he really wants to play there.....Will make it so that Cle can get him on a bargain as no other team will trade much

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgetsback View Post
    I am director of player development for an nba franchise so my opinion holds a little more weight than you armchair jockey shut ins.

guy will have a long career and contribute defensively but will never be #1 or #2 option.

what has given anyone the idea he will be a great player?

he is just another workout warrior. doesn't have the IT factor. not a fierce competitor. doesn't create his own shot or distribute the basketball well. not a great shooter.

U have a job like that yet u r posting on an internet sports betting forum? What would adam silver think about that?

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgetsback View Post
    Because of course Gerald Green and Vince Carter have had very similar and comparable careers.

I swear, the dumbfuks on this site.

homie1975

Because of course Gerald Green and Vince Carter have had very similar and comparable careers.

I swear, the dumbfuks on this site.

he's a director of player development fir the nba dont talk shit about him

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    Wiggins for Klove alone should do the trick
    Actually it shouldn't, and can't, because the salaries are mismatched.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Wouldn't trade Wiggins if I'm the Cavs....Would give up any other combo of players/picks besides Kyrie or Lebron obviously

If someone else bids higher, oh well

Still think a combo of Waiters, Thompson, Bennett, and 1st rounders would be a fair deal for a player that won't even resign in a year.....If the Wolves don't bite or get a better offer from some other team, so be it

Wiggins will be great learning under James if given the chance

If Kevin Love is smart he says that he will only sign an extension with Cleveland if he really wants to play there.....Will make it so that Cle can get him on a bargain as no other team will trade much
    Garbage. Not happening.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Now the bulls are pushing hard and its driving the price for love up.
    No they're not. It's all posturing. Bulls don't need another power forward. The idea they would trade Butler when wing is already the Bulls need is laughable.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    No they're not. It's all posturing. Bulls don't need another power forward. The idea they would trade Butler when wing is already the Bulls need is laughable.
    why would they be posturing? Trying to get cleve to give up more?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    why would they be posturing? Trying to get cleve to give up more?
    Who says the Bulls are doing anything? Nobody from the Bulls said that. Could be Minny making stuff up to the press for posturing. But yeah, the Bulls wouldn't mind Cleveland giving up more to Minny, or making the deal fail. Subterfuge. But think about the trade from the Bulls perspective. It just doesn't work. If Bulls trade Gibson and Butler for Love then you have Noah and Love starting, but you're paying Gasol and Mirotic 7+ and 6+ million to play, what, 10-15 minutes a game? Bulls need another wing, not aother PF. And if they trade Butler then they're really short on the wing. Just doesn't work.

jsmithj88

wiggins, bennett and draft pick for love is a no brainer

STAX

I am back and forth on the Cavs doing this deal... I really really really just want to get Love without giving up Wiggins... only way that is happening is if Love signs with Cleveland after the year through free agency. Odds we get Love drastically decrease if Love tests the waters. Is it worth the gamble to see what we have in Wiggins? I mean we may not care where Love goes if Wiggins is an instant star... I really want to see what we got, but I really want to add Love too, tough choice for the Cavs right now imo, but its a good spot to be in... Cavs will be contenders regardless.

Not only do we get to see what we have in Wiggins if we stall for now, we get to see what we have in Bennett as well. I'm leaning away from the deal right now...

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    wiggins, bennett and draft pick for love is a no brainer
    yeah for cleveland not wolves. wiggins can't shoot, bennett is junk, and draft pick will be very low pick. that's getting nothing for proven production.

warriors dumb ones here. not trading thompson means they'll have to pay thompson max in a year. bad move. every GM in the league would much rather pay love max before thompson max.

jsmithj88

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    yeah for cleveland not wolves. wiggins can't shoot, bennett is junk, and draft pick will be very low pick. that's getting nothing for proven production.

warriors dumb ones here. not trading thompson means they'll have to pay thompson max in a year. bad move. every GM in the league would much rather pay love max before thompson max.
    haha, the lakers will pay him the max.....................
    i agree with u in all honesty, the twolves arent getting shit in that trade
    but thats what happens when a star player wants to leave, u never get fair compensation

jsmithj88

I am back and forth on the Cavs doing this deal... I really really really just want to get Love without giving up Wiggins... only way that is happening is if Love signs with Cleveland after the year through free agency. Odds we get Love drastically decrease if Love tests the waters. Is it worth the gamble to see what we have in Wiggins? I mean we may not care where Love goes if Wiggins is an instant star... I really want to see what we got, but I really want to add Love too, tough choice for the Cavs right now imo, but its a good spot to be in... Cavs will be contenders regardless.

Not only do we get to see what we have in Wiggins if we stall for now, we get to see what we have in Bennett as well. I'm leaning away from the deal right now...

i highlighted the exact reason why u need to trade for love
    we have ZERO clue if wiggins can even play at the nba level
    i dont understand the need to gamble with lebrons prime that this rookie becomes a star
    it might not happen and it might take 2,3,4,5 years for him to become a star
    WHY do u need to wait when u can trade him for one of the best player in kevin love

STAX

I dont have zero clue about wiggins I have a very solid clue that he will be a star, just not 100%, nothing is 100%. When he becomes a star is the question. Is it in 5 years, when Lebron is out of his prime? Or is it in 2, when LeBron is clearly still is. There is no promise Love will have the impact you all think he will. He isnt averaging 26 and 13 with LeBron and Kyrie to split shots with. Love could be the next Bosh, then tell me who you would rather have?

I want Love badly and Im am back and forth on this deal. One hand tells me this, the other hand tells me that. Cavs are in a good scenario right now. They are going to be contenders either way. They are trying to maximize the situation right now, and its a tough choice to me made here. The safe choice is to do teh deal, take Love now and probably win 2-4 titles in the next 5 or 6 years.

Or they can take the chance, see what they have in Wiggins and maybe lure Love to Cleveland for free through free agency... then we will be unbeatable for a long time. Wiggins is a rising star, we already have LeBron, Love, and Kyrie... plus we know nothing about Bennett

Worst case is, we dont do the trade now, keep wiggins, he isnt the star right away that we thought, and we dont get Love through free agency after the year. We still have a contending team even under the worst scenario... Love isnt the only free agent next year. Other things could happen.

STAX

Smart move for the Cavs imo.... start the season holding pat on this deal. You showcase Bennett, make him look like a rising star... you slowly nuture Wiggins,maybe reduce minutes, get him in the doghouse with the coach... basically do all you can to make Bennett look more actractive than Wiggins. Then offer Bennett, Thompson, and #1 pick for Love around teh trading deadline... Minny will be getting nervous by then, and maybe accept.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

At this point it kind of seems Minny is just asking too much and eventually this could all blow over. Be nice to see Love go somewhere he has a chance to win and be seen. If this drags on several more weeks I hope Minny takes it in the as$ and Love stays, doesn't resign, and walks next year with Minny getting nothing!

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Chris Sheridan now reporting Bulls offering Taj, Douggie McBuckets, and Mirotic. HELLO!!!!

First 1234 Last