BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

This Timberwolves Gm is an absolute dumbass stalling on this Love trade

He's going to look like the dumbest fukk ever if he waits any longer.
    Love's value is peaking right now.
    Wiggins AND Bennett AND a first round pick?
    Get real.
    What else could you possibly be waiting for?
    Warriors offered him a fat deal also.

If you wait another month you will be missing out. The offers will decline.

Love is 100% gone, there's no reason to waste anymore time when you've had offers like this.
    The T-wolves are a laughing stock most of the time anyway, but to be able to snag the Cavs youngsters and blowing it would be insane.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

He wants 3 first round picks, a second round picks, and cash too.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    He's going to look like the dumbest fukk ever if he waits any longer.
    Love's value is peaking right now.
    Wiggins AND Bennett AND a first round pick?
    Get real.
    What else could you possibly be waiting for?
    Golden State???

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

I think it makes sense for both teams.

Gotta realize, when LeBron joins your team,

you as a franchise are thinking WIN NOW not lets win 3+ years down the road.

You have to maximize your potential to flourish from day 1 that he joins your team

He isnt going to be as effective or play forever on your squad.

They get Love and win a championship 1 outta the next 2 years

then everyone wins. Nothing soothes pain or worrying if you made the correct move then a NBA championship

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

How can you trade a top player for a bench player and a rookie? Are you on smack?
    Last edited by leetreaper; 07-19-14 at 04:53 PM. Reason: top

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

that GM is an idiot if Cleveland offered him that deal and he rejected. He is pretty much getting equal value for a player in his last year of contract. That is a no brainer and a solid deal for them. The longer this thing takes the more his value will diminish. No way his still with the Timberwolves on opening day. If he is Minnesotta is in trouble as unless a team is desperate to land him they will not get a better deal then the Cleveland offer.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Isn't the GM Flip Saunders? I know he's the head of basketball operations. Former Detroit Pistons head coach.

Maybe he feels Love will stay in Minnesota? Can you feel the LOVE?

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Golden State???
    They already have worn out the warriors patience I think.
    They feel like Pawns being used as bait for the Cavs to up their ante (which they have drastically now including Wiggins).
    To not take Wiggins is just plain stupid.
    This kid obviously has potential to be a monster.
    You're getting Bennett too. Plus another pick next year.
    The deal isn't getting any better than that.
    They don't want Klay fukkin Thompson instead of this.
    Guy is a one dimensional overrated average player with a jumpshot.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

i think the offer will get better from CLE in the coming days because LeBron has made it clear he wants Love and so do other teams. bidding wars = increased value.

be prepared to eat your words soon bro
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: samgurt

homie1975

theyre going to sign Wiggins in the next few days which will make it easier to construct a trade but they'll have to wait 30 days to trade him.

the season starts in over 3 mos so they have plenty of time to get a deal done.

Minnesota is being smart FWIW

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

I'm pretty sure Flip Saunders is the GM, which explains everything. Deal is a no-brainer for the Wolves. Wiggins will be a very good player for a long time, you can try to build around him and make him the face of the franchise. I think change of scenery will help Bennett, I think he will end up being a solid NBA player.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Best deal they're gonna get, for sure. They're making off like bandits with this trade. Love is gone anyway so now you get two young guys who have to stay with you and a 1st round pick, yes please. Bennett is much improved this year, they could really build something nice in the future with this trade. Maybe actually make the playoffs in a few years.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    I'm pretty sure Flip Saunders is the GM, which explains everything. Deal is a no-brainer for the Wolves. Wiggins will be a very good player for a long time, you can try to build around him and make him the face of the franchise. I think change of scenery will help Bennett, I think he will end up being a solid NBA player.
    how can people say that when he hasnt played 1 minute in the nba?
    bennett needs a change of scenery after barely playing 1 year of bball???

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    how can people say that when he hasnt played 1 minute in the nba?
    bennett needs a change of scenery after barely playing 1 year of bball???
    Ok, so are we never suppose to project rookies? You scout based on what you've seen in college and films. Wiggins should do just fine in the NBA. I think he's Rudy Gay at worst.

Change of scenery never hurts for a player who has struggled.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

"This GM"

Lol uhhh you mean Flip Saunders.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This is a steal for Minny

Benny dead on as usual

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

There's no rush on Minnesotas part.

jsmithj88

Ok, so are we never suppose to project rookies? You scout based on what you've seen in college and films. Wiggins should do just fine in the NBA. I think he's Rudy Gay at worst.

and ur projection of him being a great player for a long time is based on???
    im curious at where these wiggins supporter are seeing him being such an untradable asset

uhhhhhh, yes it can
    the dude played 1 year, bouncing back and forth from injury to the D league to the nba
    with a shit load of new staff, coaches and things going on
    now lets ship him off again to start that process all over, when hes prolly starting to settle in and gain some confidence in what hes doing
    yea, that will help him out .................
    Last edited by jsmithj88; 07-19-14 at 05:55 PM.

Cuse0323

It's gonna be fun to see how he progresses. I think a lot of people are down on him because he didn't live up to expectations at Kansas. He really didn't have a PG there and the offense they run really benefits bigs and an attacking PG. Wiggins will be in the league along time in my eyes, I'd say anywhere from a Vince Carter type career to TMac to I won't even say.

KRIT

and ur projection of him being a great player for a long time is based on???
    im curious at where these wiggins supporter are seeing him being such an untradable asset

uhhhhhh, yes it can
    the dude played 1 year, bouncing back and forth from injury to the D league to the nba
    with a shit load of new staff, coaches and things going on
    now lets ship him off again to start that process all over, when hes prolly starting to settle in and gain some confidence in what hes doing
    yea, that will help him out .................
    Ok you're right. We should never try to make predictions or assumptions on rookies who have never played. How could we have ever known if LeBron would have been great when he came out of HS, he never played a single NBA game ,not to mention a college game.

Some people on here.....

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

Wiggins for Klove alone should do the trick

jsmithj88

Ok you're right. We should never try to make predictions or assumptions on rookies who have never played. How could we have ever known if LeBron would have been great when he came out of HS, he never played a single NBA game ,not to mention a college game.

Some people on here.....
    so wiggins is gonna be great because of what again??
    still waiting ................
    how about explain instead of throwing a tantrum??

KRIT

so wiggins is gonna be great because of what again??
    still waiting ................
    how about explain instead of throwing a tantrum??
    He is a top-tier athlete. Athletes like him only come around once in a blue moon.

He is an elite defender. Showed it at Kansas.

He is very coachable. Self and others have raved about how coachable he is. Not stubborn like some kids.

Has all the tools to be a great player. Can put the ball on the floor. Can finish at the rim as good as anyone. Has good handles for a SF.

He has an NBA ready body. A lot of these college kids come into the NBA as a toothpick. His body will only fill out more as he gets older.

Main thing he has to work on is his jumpshot. He doesn't have a consistent jumpshot, and needs to develop a 3pt shot. Not worried about it though, his jumper will improve.

Ok now your turn, what makes you think he won't be good.
    Points Awarded:

STAX gave KRIT 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts, and STAX

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

WIGGINS

not an elite competitor, hasn't shown the ability to take over a game even at the college level

one of the most physically gifted players to have come around in a long time but leaves a lot to be desired on all aspects of the court

nothing about wiggins points to him being an nba all-star or a dominant player at the next level

reminds me of a gerald green/vince carter type. long career in the league but never a #1 or #2 option on an nba championship team

players drafted purely on potential rarely match or exceed expectations.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Minny already has wiggins....errr brewer. ..

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Minny already has wiggins....errr brewer. ..

I love NBA talk on SBR.

If Love was black....
    Points Awarded:

BennyBigNuts gave Cuse0323 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BennyBigNuts

For everyone arguing Wiggins is a gamble. you're out of your fkn minds for one.
    Even if the guy's a bust you're getting the BEST AVAILABLE in a Kevin Love trade- which is a player who is 100% leaving his team and you HAVE to get something for.
    Anyone who has watched Wiggins in a summer league game alone this month knows.
    Yeah, he's matching up against scrubs, but the guy has the demeanor of a veteran out on the court.
    I'd actually like to see the kid not get fukked and sent to the NBA's shithole in Minnesota, but he will definitely be their best player instantly and is a potential all-star out of the gate.
    You also have to keep in mind you get a rookie with a small contract compared to other NBA players (Along with Bennett as well).
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Love isnt anything special..........Sure they guy can put up 25 and 15 nightly, but have you ever seen him play defense or block a penetrating shot? There is a reason Minny cant get into the playoffs, sure they play in the west but even steph curry can get GS into the playoffs....Cleveland is as good right now as they would be with Love....... This Cav team has some talent without Love, but With or without this Love trade i dont see the Cavs winning a title either way

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Footballtime View Post
    Love isnt anything special..........Sure they guy can put up 25 and 15 nightly, but have you ever seen him play defense or block a penetrating shot? There is a reason Minny cant get into the playoffs, sure they play in the west but even steph curry can get GS into the playoffs....Cleveland is as good right now as they would be with Love....... This Cav team has some talent without Love, but With or without this Love trade i dont see the Cavs winning a title either way
    I like you FBT, but you're out of your mind if you actually watch basketball and believe what you just said.
    Think about it "sure he can put up 25 and 15". Read that again. 25 and 15. Shoots 3's. Excellent ball handler and superb passing skills for a big man.
    Love is a fkn animal and TOP 5 player in the NBA EASILY.
    He's a better version of Dirk basically, and think how great Dirk was/is.
    Perfect player to put beside Lebron and Kyrie.
    Those 3 shit on Miami's big 3.
    Watch how easy it will be for them when it happens. And it will happen, as much as I hate James that piece of shit.
    Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave BennyBigNuts 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    How can you trade a top player for a bench player and a rookie? Are you on smack?

What an idiot... smh

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

I like you FBT, but you're out of your mind if you actually watch basketball and believe what you just said.
    Think about it "sure he can put up 25 and 15". Read that again. 25 and 15. Shoots 3's. Excellent ball handler and superb passing skills for a big man.
    Watch how easy it will be for them when it happens. And it will happen, as much as I hate James that piece of shit.
    Love is a better version of Dirk when it comes to stats...

But when it comes to winning... You have the biggest loser in the NBA bar none vs a guy who carried multiple average teams to deep postseason runs... One of the most useless players in crunchtime vs one of the best...

Love will NEVER EVER EVER win a championship as the best player on a team. Hell, will he ever even make the playoffs?

LeBron can carry him to a championship while he fills up the statsheet for 3 and a half quarters for sure though. Love makes LeBron look like the clutchest player in the universe.

I wouldn't expect it to be this year though... The West likely wins.

homie1975

top 5 nba player

Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Benny, Love has and probably when healthy always have 25 point and 15 rebound games, his problem is defense..He doesnt play any and he dont want to gaurd a big man down low.......Ckeveland should just stand pat and see what Wiggins does, and see if thier big giuys can play like big guys....Love offensively is very high on the charts, but his defense is so bad he can score 25-30 points but the guy he gaurds matches that during the course of a game......
    Unless Ckeveland plans on turning into the 1990 Denver Nuggets with Fats lever, Alex English, Kiki Vandweghe, and Dan Issel...... Love honestly isnt a good fit for them for what they will be giving up to acquire him...To much offense and NO defense from Love.........

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

You guys realize Anthony Bennett might as well not even be brought up when you speak of this trade. Bennett is a SCRUB. Hes a bust. So youre basically getting Wiggins who is a complete question mark. We have seen #1s fail before. Kevin Love is a once in a while type of player. You can find freakish athletes who hustle and play defense. But you cant find 30 points and 20 rebounds. If the cavs can pull this off they will be SICK! Lebron, Kyrie, and Love can win right away.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

All guys you named are question marks, you want them to give away an established player like Love and in return get potential. There is no other player in the league like Love even remotely on the offensive end at his position, really good defensive rebounder and is the best outlet passer on the defensive glass in the league. Potential doesnt pan out most of the time, Wolves playing it smart if you ask me, they know Love is very valuable and many teams would love to have him, they are just wanting to get the most they can, you have to do that when you know your franchise is gonna suck for awhile, which means youre probably gonna lose money too, less attendance, hard to get decent free agents to come to Minnesota.
    Last edited by jtoler; 07-19-14 at 11:14 PM.
    Points Awarded:

bigballa gave jtoler 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

1234 Last