farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was Michael Jordan really the greatest ever??

I mean the guy didn't win shiit until Horace grant & Scottie pippen got there. Also the year after Jordan left for baseball the bulls only dropped 2 games. Scottie pippen killed it that year and they got robbed on some bogus call in the playoffs. The bias officiating towards Jordan back in that era was pretty ridiculous. People always say Jordan made pippen but pippen was really fuxking good even without Jordan. Was Michael Jordan's "greatness" created by the media?? Jordan couldn't even take North Carolina to the final four?? And that team was stacked with talent..

http://youtu.be/53dn_D6FWBk

http://youtu.be/Y5oCGz32_Zg

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

It was magic, then wilt, then kareem.

Michael Jordan: Untouchable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M-KCulzJqg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmlfiMDUTQ4

farmhouse1

Pretty interesting stuff...

farmhouse1

The Michael Jordan stuff is interesting. Especially his retirement after his first 3 peat when he went to play baseball. The guy was gambling with drug dealers and a dude was murdered that he was associating with..

Romerowned
    Romerowned's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2811

I don't know if he was the greatest ever but he was definitely better than lebron james.

farmhouse1

Could the greatness of Michael Jordan have been just a perception created by the media?? Think about it, people all over the world knew Michael was the "greatest of all time" all from perception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Romerowned View Post
    I don't know if he was the greatest ever but he was definitely better than lebron james.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
    I mean the guy didn't win shiit until Horace grant & Scottie pippen got there. Also the year after Jordan left for baseball the bulls only dropped 2 games.
    Enough with this garbage already. Teams win championships, not players. Nobody wins championships without a good team behind them. In 1961-62, Wilt Chamberlain averaged 50.4 points and 25.7 rebounds a game. Think about those numbers. The Celtics won the title that season. It doesn't matter how great a player is, a great team is better.

That said, Jordan is the best I've seen in my lifetime. It's hard to compare games across eras and across positions, but he was at the least the best scorer from the 2 guard position there has ever been, and a really good defender.

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Anyone over 35 (i.e. old enough to watch the man play) will tell you Michael Jordan is easily the greatest basketball player who ever lived.

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

To me the interesting thing is Scottie Pippen saying Lebron is better than Jordan. Surprised he would say that, but maybe a rare moment of honesty from an athlete.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post
    To me the interesting thing is Scottie Pippen saying Lebron is better than Jordan. Surprised he would say that, but maybe a rare moment of honesty from an athlete.
    By all accounts, Jordan is a total azzhole. Just a bad person. Like Kobe, maybe worse. A lot of people who played with him no doubt resent the guy.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

And you believed he was being honest.

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

Scottie is still a bitter little twat. Butt hurt that he "played in the shadow" of Jordan, when the reality is Pippen is one of the most over-rated players to ever step on the court. He cries about everything now too, that he lost all his money like the moron he is. I for one, think it's hilarious, but I'm from Detroit.

As for Jordan, the answer is yes. You could make a case for Russell or Wilt probably, but I didn't get to see either play. I've seen Jordan, Magic and LeBron and it's Jordan by a landslide. Anyone who touts Magic is an idiot too, they forget he had Kareem, yet somehow lost FOUR times in the finals.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

I'm a little biased, but I'd say its MJ. I would love to see what MJ could do with todays rules. MJ also drove globalization of the NBA.

farmhouse1

See that's bullshiit. Scottie was the man. That year when Jordan left for baseball the bulls didn't get any worse at all Scottie picked up the slack and became the man. He actually made his teammates better unlike Jordan... Did you see the playoffs where Scottie & the bulls got robbed by the refs??
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Scottie is still a bitter little twat. Butt hurt that he "played in the shadow" of Jordan, when the reality is Pippen is one of the most over-rated players to ever step on the court. He cries about everything now too, that he lost all his money like the moron he is. I for one, think it's hilarious, but I'm from Detroit.

As for Jordan, the answer is yes. You could make a case for Russell or Wilt probably, but I didn't get to see either play. I've seen Jordan, Magic and LeBron and it's Jordan by a landslide. Anyone who touts Magic is an idiot too, they forget he had Kareem, yet somehow lost FOUR times in the finals.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
    See that's bullshiit. Scottie was the man. That year when Jordan left for baseball the bulls didn't get any worse at all Scottie picked up the slack and became the man. He actually made his teammates better unlike Jordan... Did you see the playoffs where Scottie & the bulls got robbed by the refs??
    Wait, wait, wait......are you suggesting that MJ didn't make his teammates better? How in the world do you think Paxson, Kerr, Hodges, Wennington, BJ Armstrong among others got wide open shots?

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

^ Because he has no clue what he's talking about, and is just trying to get a reaction.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Who gives a shit about basketball anyways?

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Who gives a shit about basketball anyways?
    Says the guy posting in a basketball forum.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

OP is obviously a youngen that never saw MJ play. Yes, MJ was far better the anyone who played during or after him. I can't speak to Wilt or Russel.