44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13194

Miami #4

How the heck can they be -5.5 favorites with a TT of 101??? They have never hit triple digits yet and never won by 6??? Or is it just me??? I ask the experts, TX. Intel only please.

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

These are the two best teams in the game anything can happen. The line moves with the market and you know who everybody is on.

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

The reason the line seems high is because if Miami loses game four, the series is basically over. Vegas expects the Heat to play a stronger game than last night, while it's hard to imagine the Spurs shooting like that again. Also, since Lebron came to Miami, the Heat are 11-0 ATS after a playoff loss by 10 or more points, including covering game 2 in this series after the blowout in game 1.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Jikos View Post
    These are the two best teams in the game anything can happen. The line moves with the market and you know who everybody is on.
    So, I imagine it moves down by tomorrow????

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post
    The reason the line seems high is because if Miami loses game four, the series is basically over. Vegas expects the Heat to play a stronger game than last night, while it's hard to imagine the Spurs shooting like that again. Also, since Lebron came to Miami, the Heat are 11-0 ATS after a playoff loss by 10 or more points, including covering game 2 in this series after the blowout in game 1.
    OK, what about the blowout yesterday. The final score was nor even indicative of the game. SAS crushed them from the opening tip and Miami had no real response. I shut it off @ 50 to 30, knew it was over. But thanks for the feedback. BOL.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami money line is a lock for game four, magg no worries.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm still thinking this one over tho so I wouldn't take that sentence literal

bh9889
    bh9889's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 449

Um last time I checked Miami lost game 3 of last year's series by 30+ and came back game 4 and whipped SA ass. So I wouldn't put to much emphasis on SA "blowing them out" last night.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bh9889 View Post
    Um last time I checked Miami lost game 3 of last year's series by 30+ and came back game 4 and whipped SA ass. So I wouldn't put to much emphasis on SA "blowing them out" last night.
    OK, let's forget about last year for a moment. What about blowing them out in games 1 & 3, and they lost game 2 because of extremely poor FT's and a shit load of missed lay ups??? Miami didn't exactly blow them out, this could easily be 3-0 Spurs, YES ????

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
    Miami money line is a lock for game four, magg no worries.
    Thanks man. I won't worry if I don't wager. Might just pass that one anyway, MIGHT???? we'll see.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

spurs ml is the play

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Heat record after a playoff loss is probably the biggest reason.

The Heat are 5-0 against the spread in their last five games following a straight up loss, and 6-1 ATS in their last seven.

The Heat have won 13 consecutive playoff games following a loss going back to 2012.

nelsonrc24
    nelsonrc24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1089

I like it! Heat will start strong and Spurs will fold easily knowing they have a good chance to make the 3-2 at home

BCC585
    BCC585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1206

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    How the heck can they be -5.5 favorites with a TT of 101??? They have never hit triple digits yet and never won by 6??? Or is it just me??? I ask the experts, TX. Intel only please.
    The only theory I have is that vegas is using last year's game 4 as a guide?
    The score was Miami 109 - 93.
    And honestly it kinda makes sense if they went along with that theory because It's looking like another zig zag series.
    But you're right, last year shouldn't matter since these are two different teams this year (player/team statistic wise).
    Just my two cents on the subject hahah

MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

After losing a Game 3 of a tied NBA Finals at home, teams have won the title just two of 20 times. The format of the Finals, though, is now 2-2-1-1-1 after being 2-3-2 since 1986.

That means Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury[SBR members] Miami can dig its way out of the exact same hole to win another championship. We’ve seen it before. We’ve come to believe in the destiny of a three-peat along the way,too. Can’t blame cramps. Can’t blame Dwyane Wade, who scored 22 points on 8-of-12 shooting. Oh, I guess we could blame Chris Bosh, who was held to nine, but that’s an old crutch. Comprehensively, essentially, the Heat flamed out as a team, beginning with a disastrous first quarter in which Le-Bron scored 14 and no other Miami starter had more than two..... ''Opps" Heat playing there 1st home game,Thought? they were playing Indiana??? !!!!!!!. The Spurs regained home-court advantage on Tuesday night and with it, favorite status in the updated series odds. The Caesar's SuperBook’s where I bet has new series price has San Antonio -215, Heat +185...... Heat opened at-5 went to -5 1/2 & 197 1/2 for the over in 4th game at Miami. All other books in town LVH, GldNug ,Mirage,South.Point,books are all the same for now. The team that has won Game 3 to break a 1-1 Tie in the NBA Finals has gone on to win the series 30 of 36 times. Now that's interesting!! Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury [SBR members]. My pick will be posted Thursdays thread, waiting for spreads and money lines change if there will be any major swings on "chalk" with the books here in vegas.
    Mr.Hårr¥THëHÄT

PS...STAT'S AND SOME INFORMATION TAKEN FROM THE BLUE HANDCAPPERS CARD,AND POWER STSTISTICS FROM [ J.J.BACUS Reno N.V] POWER RATING FORUMLAS 80% SUCCESS RATE.

MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here are some interesting stat's to consider before making your bet SBR members in game 4 at Miami[ spread still Spurs.+5 1/2 & Over at 197 1/2 here in the Vegas books. Kawhi Leonard, who had averaged nine points a game in the first two contests, led the Spurs with a career high 29 points. Tony Parker and Danny Green both pitched in with 15 points. The Spurs hit 25 of 33 shots for a 75.8 percent shooting percentage that was an NBA Finals record for a half. San Antonio also applied their high energy pressure on the defensive end, taking advantage of some sloppy play by the Heat to create 20 turnovers, including seven committed by James. Spurs have outscored the Heat by an average of over 10 points a game and they really should be up 3-0 if that officiating fiasco in Game 2 hadn't finally taken its toll late in the game. To this point in the series, the Spurs are clearly better.

Mr.Hårr¥THëHÄT

***STAT'S AND SOME INFORMATION TAKEN FROM THE BLUE HANDCAPPERS CARD,AND POWER STSTISTICS FROM [ J.J.BACUS Reno N.V] POWER RATING FORUMLAS 80% SUCCESS RATE.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MR.HARRYtheHAT View Post
    Here are some interesting stat's to consider before making your bet SBR members in game 4 at Miami[ spread still Spurs.+5 1/2 & Over at 197 1/2 here in the Vegas books. Kawhi Leonard, who had averaged nine points a game in the first two contests, led the Spurs with a career high 29 points. Tony Parker and Danny Green both pitched in with 15 points. The Spurs hit 25 of 33 shots for a 75.8 percent shooting percentage that was an NBA Finals record for a half. San Antonio also applied their high energy pressure on the defensive end, taking advantage of some sloppy play by the Heat to create 20 turnovers, including seven committed by James. Spurs have outscored the Heat by an average of over 10 points a game and they really should be up 3-0 if that officiating fiasco in Game 2 hadn't finally taken its toll late in the game. To this point in the series, the Spurs are clearly better.

Mr.Hårr¥THëHÄT

***STAT'S AND SOME INFORMATION TAKEN FROM THE BLUE HANDCAPPERS CARD,AND POWER STSTISTICS FROM [ J.J.BACUS Reno N.V] POWER RATING FORUMLAS 80% SUCCESS RATE.
    Agreed, I said that earlier that this series could very well easily be SAS up 3-0. Tonight is tough to choose as most people are basing their theories on last year or history. I do not know ????? Might as well just skip it unless someone has a compelling argument, other the the Spurs or probably the over. All these games SHOULD have gone over the total. Man, at aloss in this one??????????

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post
    wow you post something intelligent here now do the same on my thread you loser!

labones00
    Bo knows your sister
    labones00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3717

Total started at 200 and is already down to 197
    Just more than half of the public is on the over, therefore I'm going with the theory that the sharp's are on the under. Under 197 is the play tonight, game should be a lot tighter than the last one

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by labones00 View Post
    Total started at 200 and is already down to 197
    Just more than half of the public is on the over, therefore I'm going with the theory that the sharp's are on the under. Under 197 is the play tonight, game should be a lot tighter than the last one
    Well, last game started same way, total dropped to 196, still went over. granted SAS is not going to shoot 76% in the first half, but that game and even the the one they lost should have gone over. Just my thought. BOL in your wager.

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

Quote Originally Posted by GIVEMETHEMONEY View Post
    wow you post something intelligent here now do the same on my thread you loser!
    I'll post something intelligent in your thread when you do the same.