jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

The AC Game

Just to clarify for the last time, with this being the Spurs and all the mysterious things thats happened in the past with them, nobody thinks the AC being off was suspect? Just coincidence?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Well, I would assume that it should affect everyone equally on both sides of the court. Unless they can prove that the Spurs had been practicing in those conditions, then it had to be a fluke.

It could have really backfired on those older players more than the younger guys. Doesn't seem worth the risk to "see what happens"

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Yep. Everyone played in the same conditions.

jtoler

Saying everyone played in the same conditions is a deflection, its obvious they played in the same conditions. That isnt the question being asked.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Saying everyone played in the same conditions is a deflection, its obvious they played in the same conditions. That isnt the question being asked.
    So what are you implying? That the Spurs organization put their own players at risk by turning off the air conditioning just to see if James would cramp up?

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    So what are you implying? That the Spurs organization put their own players at risk by turning off the air conditioning just to see if James would cramp up?
    Another deflection. You know I know you Kerm, the question is in the initial post.

Kermit

Another deflection. You know I know you Kerm, the question is in the initial post.
    How is my answer a deflection? My answer to your question seemed rather sensible. I don't think anything was suspect because taking a risk turning off the AC could have backfired horribly.

jtoler

How is my answer a deflection? My answer to your question seemed rather sensible. I don't think anything was suspect because taking a risk turning off the AC could have backfired horribly.
    It was a calculated risk, but not much risk at all.

Kermit

It was a calculated risk, but not much risk at all.
    Maybe. I sure wouldn't risk my team like that though. Tim Duncan could have had a heat stroke.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

How many threads do we need about this. It's over. Gm1 happened.

jtoler

Maybe. I sure wouldn't risk my team like that though. Tim Duncan could have had a heat stroke.
    They are much more used to the heat, it gets alot hotter in San Antonio than it does in Miami. I guess its all coincidence that things just mysteriously happen when the Spurs are playing in playoff games. From bands not allowing the Mavs to sleep along with a fire drills to then announcing false alarms, to the snake-out before Game 2 against Portland to no AC, same team all playoff games all in the city of San Antonio, truth is stranger than fiction.
    Last edited by jtoler; 06-06-14 at 09:04 PM.

Kermit

The average temps for Miami and San Antonio in the month of June are 87 and 92 respectively. I wouldn't call that "alot" hotter.

I am not doubting the other shady things that you listed, but purposely increasing the temps and possibly harming your own team just doesn't seem like a very smart thing to do.
    Last edited by Kermit; 06-06-14 at 10:53 PM.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Didn't deflect it out. It wasn't suspect at all. Both teams had to deal. It affected one guy. Get over it.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

is this guy serious?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

JT...those answers are not deflections...they are "reasons" posters have for answering "NO" to your original questions. They are not deflecting they simply aren't biting.