Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

•• The Miami Heat will win it in 4-to-6 Games (reasons)...

1) Lebron James. (player) in regular circumstances.

2) Lebron James/Miami Heat.. (proving a point)

3) Youth and Endurance. The "Big 3" of Miami are younger, faster and stronger than the Big 3 of San Antonio.
    (Duncan, Parker, Ginobili)

4) Recognition/Legacy. stuff like this: http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...s-horace-grant

** a) if Horace Grant truly feels like this, the smart play is to remain silent, and hope they lose. Coming out and saying this, only serves to tip the scales in the favor of the Heat.

** b) People claiming that last year's outcome was 'lucky'. This, again will only motivate Lebron and his teammates further.

5) Parker is gassed. Tony Parker actually practiced/played most of last summer in the Eurobasket Tournament. His team (France) won the tournée.. and he took home MVP honors.. but all of that comes at a price– his body never had an off-season. If the Spurs start lose Game 1, look for that ankle to start making more noise (most athletes' fallback excuse).

6) MVP Honors to Kevin Durant. I think Lebron may wish to demonstrate that there is more to being an MVP, than a monster scoring streak. (although hugely* impressive) but there is much more.. nevertheless. Lebron knows, he has done both, and understands the difference.*

7) Heat 'less' taxed this year. i felt the 27-game win streak was a mistake from the beginning. The only real luck the Heat had last year was that they were fortunate enough to overcome that expenditure of energy.

8) Spurs*'more'*taxed this year*Popovich made the very same mistake of allowing the same thing: a meaningless 19-game win streak toward the very end of the season. Feb 26-April 2nd. People think i am crazy, but energy is finite. It has an opposite state. Everything does.

9) Spurs best in West? San Antonio might not be in the Finals if Ibaka has not missed Games 1 and 2 of the Conference Finals. Some might say that the Spurs are 'lucky' to be here at all. *

10) Heat do not require 'homecourt', just ask Indiana when they were down 37 pts. to the Heat before Spoelstra took out the starters. When was the last time a No.1 Seed was down 37 pts in an elimination game? When was the last time a No.1 seed was not even favored in a series?*Think about that for a second.*

11) Heat underdogs, playing on the road.*When was the last time a repeat champion was an underdog?
    This favors the Miami Heat for the above mentioned motivational reasons. Las Vegas has to go "better-record/homecourt", but i do not understand why given what we saw vs. Indiana.

.. after evaluating all of this, i can only predict Miami in 4-to-6 games.. the Spurs just do not possess the physical or psychological weapons to defeat this Miami Heat team, led by the present-day Michael Jordan.*

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Ratzz where you been !!!! ?? I hope your right...but the Spurs winning would be great too...either way...Lebron and Duncan both eclipse Kobe...and thats always a good thing...LOL

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

ok, let's get this right.... Miami has EVERYTHING going for them while the Spurs have kaput.... gotcha

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

No way Spurs win it in 5 or less

Miami does not have the bench the Spurs do.

Spurs win it in 5 or less!

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

Okc proved they couldnt win in SA with or without Ibaka, while SA won on the road with Ibaka and without Parker. To say he was healthy enough to blow out the spurs in 3&4 than suddenly regressed in 5&6 is stupid. OKC lost because their bench was nowhere to be found on the road and game 6 while they had guys step up in 3&4.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I feel a lot better about my wager right now

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Ratzz where you been !!!! ?? I hope your right...but the Spurs winning would be great too...either way...Lebron and Duncan both eclipse Kobe...and thats always a good thing...LOL
    King Menses!.. how are you.?. been gone for a looong time.. just working on personal projects.
    also, i really wanted to figure out MLB before i created a long thread for this season..

it seems like many people do not understand (don't want to) that Lebron is still improving.
    Efficiency is up every year.. Duncan and Spurs are great, but last Ring was in 2006.

Spurs are tremendous, but their Big 3 are in decline, still great, but decline is decline.
    I expect Miami in a shorter than most expect series.. and i expect that this is the last Finals
    appearance for Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili.. (Popovich also)

great run though.. a lot of respect for them.

and cheers to you *
    Last edited by Ratzz; 06-05-14 at 06:16 PM.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3364

Like your rationale. Getting the Heat at + Odds to win the series is a steal. Miami in 6.

Ratzz

PS> i remember in SUPERBOWL XLVI, *
    how many people lost their shirts betting on Tom Brady/Patriots
    to exact a measure of revenge on Eli Manning and the Giants..

their first matchup was it was a huge line for the 18-0 Patriots.. like –14 pts..
    the rematch was only –3.5 pts.. Pats backers could not resist such a thin line..

Ratzz

their first matchup was it was a huge line for the 18-0 Patriots.. like –14 pts..
    the rematch was only –3.5 pts.. Pats backers could not resist such a thin line..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Heat's "Big 3" may be younger and better than the Spurs, but the rest of their roster in comparison to SA's is a joke.

This series is going to define LeBron's legacy, one way or another. He's either going to be considered truly one of the greatest of all-time because he helped his inferior team overcome a more well-rounded outfit when it matters most, or he's going to fall back into the pack of great -- but not elite -- champions.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post

Jed, what exactly did you expect the line to be in this matchup? Spurs are -125 or -135 or whatever in the series against the two-time defending champions who beat them just last year. Even taking home court into consideration, this line should probably be -115 or so at most.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

go whine about the lakers ratboy