farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lebron James will be remembered as a "good player" & not a "great player"

If he loses this finals then I don't know how many he can win. If Lebron James loses then he will have so much criticism in media about him. I feel like these finals are huge for Lebron James legacy and he knows it. Just recently espn tried saying he's better then bird and all this other bullshiit they love to rant about. I thought it was dumb and what a weird coincidence that they start this nonsense right before the biggest finals in Lebron James career. I think it's big because if he loses then who knows what the team will look like next year and the health of Dwayne wade. The bulls are a real big threat next year to win the east in my opinion if rose is back 100% so Miami window could be coming to a close. Man, Lebron has got to be feeling major pressure cause he knows the amount of criticism he's going to receive if they lose. Because when Lebron came to Miami he promised multiple championships and he's said he's wanted the heat to go down in history but if they lose then what? Hell if it weren't for ray "Jesus" Allen last year who knows what amount of backlash Lebron would've received from all the "haters" he has. Lebron James has always wanted to go down in history as an all time great and everyone knows the all time greats don't shrink in the playoffs and win multiple championships.

farmhouse1

The '98 Bulls are the only team to win a Finals rematch. In the previous five times we've had repeat Finals in NBA history, the squad who lost the first one always got their revenge. History is on the Spurs' side and they look to be the better team on paper.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Jealousy is the reason Lebron will only be remembered as a good player...The Jordan Loyalists will not allow any other player to receive the recognition they deserve if they accomplish anything remotely close to what Jordan accomplished. This is why Jordan, Grant, and various other past time greats will attack Lebron in the media every couple of months...usually right before Lebron sets a new record....or joins a particular group...

The younger generation growing up watching Lebron now will appreciate him and remember him as great..some will even say he was better than Jordan...but those are only the musings of a generation who obviously don't know better...every generation values their era before others......The older generation will not honor him and will do anything to destroy his legacy...because they are threatened by his success....
    Last edited by Menses; 06-05-14 at 12:56 PM.

daonlyplaya
    daonlyplaya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 882

Lebron will most definitely be remembered as one of the top 5 of greatest of all time, how can you say "good"? Many NBA critics already put him ahead of Jordan, and the things he does to help a team win, he should be. Jordan's a greater scorer than Lebron, but not a better rebounder, passer, blocker, or defender. And people always tell me Jordan played against tougher defense, no he didn't. Everyone else in the league did but not Mike. you couldnt touch him without getting a fouled called on you, and then on the defense he got away with handchecking that not lebron or kobe could get away with today. & you say if it weren't for Ray allen miami wouldn't have won, that may be true but the heat wouldn't even be in the finals without lebron, and he's the one who closed out game 7. Look at what happened to cavs when he left, from best record in league when he was with them to worst once he left...

farmhouse1

I also think lebron is the greatest and he's ruled the past decade just like jordan did in his era. I just feel like if he loses then it will hurt his legacy and people will remember him for other reason rather then what he did manage to accomplish in his career. Just remember if it weren't for Ray Allen then the narrative for lebron james for the past year should have been wayyy different.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

This is dumb, while I dont think hes the greatest, he is certainly great

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

Agreed, he is already great. Miami set a dynasty with him. In the finals for the 4th time straight.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Lebron is great, but MJ never lost in the Finals. MJ also never left the team that drafted him to team up with 2 other stars. If Lebron wanted to be the greatest he should have stayed in Cleveland and led them to several titles.

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

Lebron sucks at threading the needle though, tons of turnovers from him on his passes thus far

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

Was no max contracts back then.. This is why guys leave.. It's a different league now.. If guys could of left for the $ that is around these days, we would of saw the exact same thing

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by bballs84 View Post
    Was no max contracts back then.. This is why guys leave.. It's a different league now.. If guys could of left for the $ that is around these days, we would of saw the exact same thing
    Not true. The league is set up so that guys get paid MORE to stay with their current team. Lebron took a pay cut to leave. He couldn't win in Cleveland so he went to a team that already had a star in place and then recruited another half a star to go with him. That's why he gets the extra criticism.

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

Guy is the best player in the league and it's not close.. Took Larry Hughes to the finals.. Cleveland wasn't spending to make the team better around him.. Who wouldn't leave?

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Jordan wouldn't have left the game! He would've told Jackson to go penetrate himself and then proceeded to score 10 straight by himself including a dunk over half of the spurs to ice the game.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Lebron will certainly be remembered for having menstrual cramps tonight...

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Lebron is great, but MJ never lost in the Finals. MJ also never left the team that drafted him to team up with 2 other stars. If Lebron wanted to be the greatest he should have stayed in Cleveland and led them to several titles.
    i never understand how that is a prerequisite ..........
    what does leaving and teaming up with other superstars have to do with anything?
    jordan didnt win a thing until his entire team and organization got better around him
    do people miss how often ur career is defined by how competency of ur teams GM/coach

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bballs84 View Post
    Guy is the best player in the league and it's not close.. Took Larry Hughes to the finals.. Cleveland wasn't spending to make the team better around him.. Who wouldn't leave?
    no, that is incorrect
    cleveland did spend a lot of cash
    they just didnt bring in quality players

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    i never understand how that is a prerequisite ..........
    what does leaving and teaming up with other superstars have to do with anything?
    jordan didnt win a thing until his entire team and organization got better around him
    do people miss how often ur career is defined by how competency of ur teams GM/coach
    Who said it was? It's clearly why he gets extra criticism. Instead of saying I'm the best player in the world, come play with me if you want to win titles, or don't and I will continue to crush you......he went to a team that already had a star in place. Apparently he isn't mentally tough enough to embrace the challenge of winning a title in his home town so he took the easy road. He's the best player in the game today and I guarantee had he won in Cleveland he wouldn't face anywhere near the criticism for bolting and teaming up with another star and a half. Could you imagine MJ walking away from the Bulls and joining the Pistons when they were beating him down? Neither can anyone else.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Who said it was? It's clearly why he gets extra criticism. Instead of saying I'm the best player in the world, come play with me if you want to win titles, or don't and I will continue to crush you......he went to a team that already had a star in place. Apparently he isn't mentally tough enough to embrace the challenge of winning a title in his home town so he took the easy road. He's the best player in the game today and I guarantee had he won in Cleveland he wouldn't face anywhere near the criticism for bolting and teaming up with another star and a half. Could you imagine MJ walking away from the Bulls and joining the Pistons when they were beating him down? Neither can anyone else.
    Wade and Bosh werent doing anything on their own. Wade wouldnt have won without the help of Shaq and the other veterans in 06. From 2007-2010 their teams missed the playoffs 3 times and were 1st round and out 5 times. They are some of the most overrated 'stars' ever. They are players more on the level of T-mac, Vince Carter and Carmelo on their own. Pour in buckets and get garbage stats with absolutely nothing to show in terms of playoff wins.

Even Pippen on his own took the Bulls to a 50+ win season and 7 game series against the Knicks in 1994 after Jordan left. The 2nd 3-peat featured another HOF and one of the greatest rebounders of-all time. Lets not act like Jordan played with a bunch of CBA or D-League all-stars like Lebron in Cleveland.

This whole Jordan vs Lebron argument is ridiculous though. Over the past 25 years Jordan is the greatest player to lace em up. Guys like Duncan, Shaq and Kobe are on the next level and Lebron/Wade are on the 3rd level. James has a good 4-5 years left to try and get some more rings and get on the same level as those three guys.

Unless he can go out and get 3-4 more rings in a row, his career and accomplishments wont ever be comparable to Jordan

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I hate Lebron with a passion, but calling him a "Good" player instead of "Great" is silly.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Wade and Bosh werent doing anything on their own. Wade wouldnt have won without the help of Shaq and the other veterans in 06. From 2007-2010 their teams missed the playoffs 3 times and were 1st round and out 5 times. They are some of the most overrated 'stars' ever. They are players more on the level of T-mac, Vince Carter and Carmelo on their own. Pour in buckets and get garbage stats with absolutely nothing to show in terms of playoff wins.

Even Pippen on his own took the Bulls to a 50+ win season and 7 game series against the Knicks in 1994 after Jordan left. The 2nd 3-peat featured another HOF and one of the greatest rebounders of-all time. Lets not act like Jordan played with a bunch of CBA or D-League all-stars like Lebron in Cleveland.

This whole Jordan vs Lebron argument is ridiculous though. Over the past 25 years Jordan is the greatest player to lace em up. Guys like Duncan, Shaq and Kobe are on the next level and Lebron/Wade are on the 3rd level. James has a good 4-5 years left to try and get some more rings and get on the same level as those three guys.

Unless he can go out and get 3-4 more rings in a row, his career and accomplishments wont ever be comparable to Jordan
    Ahh, but Wade did win and his team won because he was clearly the best player on the court and he had arguably one of the best Finals series in NBA history.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

No way farm. When we look back at the NBA 20-30 years from now, LeBron will be remembered as one of the greatest ever. Top 5 easily.

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

People seem to forget both Steve Kerr and John Paxson both hit game, nay championship, winning shots for the Bulls. So without those baskets Jordan could be at 4 rings. I am a firm believer that Jordan is the greatest of all time - right now. Lebron is a great player though. Will he be the G.O.A.T? Time will tell.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO

Ahh, but Wade did win and his team won because he was clearly the best player on the court and he had arguably one of the best Finals series in NBA history.
    He didnt win on his own and he did nothing from 2007-2010. All I remember from 2006 was all the freebies at the line he got, cant say all were legit fouls because I cant remember.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    He didnt win on his own and he did nothing from 2007-2010. All I remember from 2006 was all the freebies at the line he got, cant say all were legit fouls because I cant remember.
    Nobody wins "on their own," but history shows it was one of, if not the greatest performance in Finals history. The main point is that Wade got guys to come play on "his" team. Why couldn't Lebron being that he's the best player in the league?

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by Walulu View Post
    People seem to forget both Steve Kerr and John Paxson both hit game, nay championship, winning shots for the Bulls. So without those baskets Jordan could be at 4 rings. I am a firm believer that Jordan is the greatest of all time - right now. Lebron is a great player though. Will he be the G.O.A.T? Time will tell.
    Maybe splitting hairs. Both shots left more than enough time for the Suns and Jazz to score. MJ drew the double team and kicked to a wide open Kerr. Both shots were game 6. I don't know about you, but I aint betting against MJ in a game 7.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO

Nobody wins "on their own," but history shows it was one of, if not the greatest performance in Finals history. The main point is that Wade got guys to come play on "his" team. Why couldn't Lebron being that he's the best player in the league?
    The refs gave them that series, lets be real.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rigged/page/12

Wade - Shooting 21 and 25 FTs game 5 and 6. Its all coming back to me.

Mavs shot 23 and 25 FTs those two games. Wow.

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

Absolutely agree; grew up on MJ from UNC on. Posted this based on the Ray angle everyone likes to throw out. While I didn't say it his was game 6 also (as everyone knows) and the Spurs had a game 7 to nullify it. MJ also fed Wennington for a game winner but believe it was against Knicks. He wasn't afraid to use his role players which Bron does as well even to his detriment.
    Maybe splitting hairs. Both shots left more than enough time for the Suns and Jazz to score. MJ drew the double team and kicked to a wide open Kerr. Both shots were game 6. I don't know about you, but I aint betting against MJ in a game 7.