jaykarrels
    jaykarrels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Need advice on OKC SAS series bet. Please help!!

Okay, so I right when I heard the news about Ibaka being out for the playoffs, I placed two bets on SAS to win the series. Here are my bets:

SAS -175 $400 to win $228
    SAS -150 $750 to win $500
    OKC SAS Series won't end in 7 games bet $342 to win $100

I want to hedge these bets but I am not sure how to do this. Here are my options:

Bet OKC to win series at about +300
    Bet OKC moneyline game 6, and if OKC win, bet OKC moneyline game 7.

The second option is what I would think would be better, but I am not sure how much to bet on the first game?

Any help would be awesome. I also have another bet that I thought would be a good hedge, which is:

Miami beats OKC in finals +876 $50 to win $438

So what do you guys think?

jaykarrels

help!!

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Do you want to hedge everything?

If so, pretty simple...

You have Spurs series 1150/728
    Spurs ml 6 342/100

Bet okc series 469.5/1408.5
    okc ml game 6 272/170

you win 258.5 regardless on the series bets
    you lose 172 regardless on the other bet

you make 86.5 regardless of what happens the rest of the series

now this is based on okc series +300 and okc ml -160 (i took a random number). if you can get better prices you can hedge out more profit.

jaykarrels

I don't want to hedge everything since I do think SAS will eventually win the series, but I don't feel comfortable having $1250 on the final game (if that happens).

Would it be better to just bet OKC +380 for a few hundred? I am just looking for advice on what others would do? Thanks for your help!

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by jaykarrels View Post
    I don't want to hedge everything since I do think SAS will eventually win the series, but I don't feel comfortable having $1250 on the final game (if that happens).

Would it be better to just bet OKC +380 for a few hundred? I am just looking for advice on what others would do? Thanks for your help!
    Oh so you aren't asking about the math of it but would someone else hedge?

I don't know, really. I'm not good at hedging. I typically make the wrong call in these cases.

As for tonight's game, I'm not really sure who wins, it's a really tough game after 2 pretty easy games in my opinion the last 2 days. The biggest mush on the board (Seaweed, but apparently Lang has them too so maybe that's a bigger mush?) is on okc fwiw.

A partial hedge is an option for sure - you can bet 200 on the +380 if that makes you feel more comfy and revert to a 390/528 bet on spurs series.

jaykarrels

I ended up putting $300 on OKC at +380 for the series. If OKC get's down by a good amount, I will live bet them ML. I think OKC wins today, but who knows.