easysaid
    easysaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Would westbrook be the athletic guard ever?

The guy plays like a cheetah..

RMStanley
    RMStanley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Yah he makes rondo in his prime look like a cripple

I'm not trying to be edgy here but he really is the thunder's most defining player - as he goes they go

He's like a mike Vick in prime or Colin Kaepernick - position changing talent

FSUnole05
    FSUnole05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 666

he reminds me a lot of kevin garnett in the way that he never shuts his effing mouth

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

Derrick Rose in his prime would be in this discussion.. I think the season Derrick Rose won MVP he was actually slightly more athletic and explosive then Russel Westbrook today..

My opinion as I remember... I'm not a Bulls fan either..

Wade in his prime was pretty athletic too..

All smaller guards we are talking about we gotta remember Allen Iverson in his prime as he was a speeding bullet too..

Taller guards Jordan and Kobe...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-27-14 at 11:09 PM.

pimpinaces
    pimpinaces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

That's an easy answer yes..quickest and more burst then any point gaurd ever. And the ability to control that explosion. Only other person you can compare is john wall as far as athleticism but he can't control it. Just runs past the basket most times. Rose (no)...wade in his prime (big hell no) as far as athletism not game play.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

rose cant even stay healthy

RydinRuff
    Update your status
    RydinRuff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

Undisputed. 2 and 3 is harder to pick

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

If talking strickly athletism, yes he is the best in the league right now. Just wished he'd quit taking ill-advised shots.

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

RW is probably the most athletically gifted point guard the league has ever seen, his fast twitch muscle fibers are off the charts. That said, even though he was outstanding last night, I'm not a big fan of his game, he takes to many bad shots, and makes to many bad decisions during the course of the game. I think the Thunder would be better off playing Reggie Jackson at the point and moving RW to shooting guard.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

You guys forget just how quick, explosive and athletic DERRICK ROSE was and probably still is when healthy, in shape and playing fearless!!!.

Both these players play wrecklessly, full throttle and when fatigued over stress their knee joints.. That's why both keep blowing out their knees... I think both are equally quick and explosive.. Derrick Rose is smaller and actually I think he can jump higher then Westbrook when healthy and in shape.. I remember Rose finishing stronger around the rim in his prime..

I expect Westbrook to blow out his knee again any day now late in a game unfortunately..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-28-14 at 03:36 PM.