BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Does Miami have the easiest road to the Finals ever?

Bobcats
    Nets
    Pacers

Come on man. None of those teams would have gotten out of the first round in the West.

Indy has been a train wreck. The only reason they made the ECF was because of how poor the East is.

Teams like Atlanta and Washington aren't that good.

Miami has cruised and will be well rested in the finals without even being challenged.

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think they just might, but won't matter, they won't beat the Spurs

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

When you stack your team and have the refs on your side it always looks easy.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Im sure this thread couldve been made for almost every eastern conference champion from jordans last championship until the when the big 3 came along.

Only difference was even the conference champions usually werent much better than everybody else back then.

BigDofBA

These teams they are playing aren't good.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Im sure this thread couldve been made for almost every eastern conference champion from jordans last championship until the when then the big 3 came along.

Only difference was even the conference champions usually werent much better than everybody else.
    Jordan had to go through a lot better teams. Knicks were good. Pistons in early 90s. Miller's
    Pacers, etc.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

Not sure about in the history of the NBA, but they did have an easy path. Indy would have lost in the first round to any of the teams out West, even with homecourt.

BigDofBA

Agreed Krit.

Dallas, Houston, Clippers, GSW, etc. Would have all been much more competitive and challenging.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

But 'NBA expert' Goat said Nets have the best starting 5 in the NBA and they also have top 2 pg in NBA history.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    But 'NBA expert' Goat said Nets have the best starting 5 in the NBA and they also have top 2 pg in NBA history.
    Lol

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    Top 2 PG in NBA history? D-will? That might top the list of all time moronic goatisms.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    Top 2 PG in NBA history? D-will? That might top the list of all time moronic goatisms.
    DWill isn't even top 10 PG right now in the NBA. Goat is funny though. He told me that Dan Gilbert has hired him as an assistant scout for the Cavs. If you see Cavs trade the #1 pick for DWill, you'll know that Goat was telling the truth

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Spurs had a pretty easy path as well aside from dallas.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Every team the Spurs has played would be at least top 3 in the East.

KRIT

Mavs were probably one of the best 8th seeds ever. Clipps were a pretty good 4 seed in the 2nd round. Spurs caught a bit of a break with OKC b/c ofIbaka, but I definitely would not call it an easy path for them.

BigDofBA

OKC would destroy all of the teams in the East except Miami.

Dallas and Portland would be top three and would have beaten Indy the way the Pacers are playing at the end of the year.

Spurs path is a lot harder.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    OKC would destroy all of the teams in the East except Miami.

Dallas and Portland would be top three and would have beaten Indy the way the Pacers are playing at the end of the year.

Spurs path is a lot harder.
    Not even a question. PHX probably would have been a 2 or 3 seed out east. If TWolves had played an eastern conference schedule in the regular season, i'm pretty confident they would have been a 5 seed at worst out east.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Not even a question. PHX probably would have been a 2 or 3 seed out east. If TWolves had played an eastern conference schedule in the regular season, i'm pretty confident they would have been a 5 seed at worst out east.
    Yeah. I thought about that when the playoffs started. Good points.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I'm just kidding bigd. took spurs 6 games against dallas to find their rhythm or whoever its spelled.

i think if the heat faced clipps or spurs they would most likely lose before reaching finals. I'd say healthy okc but they match up really well against them.,

BigDofBA

I'm just kidding bigd. took spurs 6 games against dallas to find their rhythm or whoever its spelled.

i think if the heat faced clipps or spurs they would most likely lose before reaching finals. I'd say healthy okc but they match up really well against them.,
    Lol. Nice.

Sports is all about matchups. The Spurs give the Heat the toughest matchup IMO.

Clippers would have been interesting, and I think LA would have given he Spurs problems, but OKC was a matchup problem for LA.

Don't think OKC has a chance against Miami but I think the Spurs showed lasted year they may have the better team. With that said, the Spurs have to get by OKC.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Jordan had to go through a lot better teams. Knicks were good. Pistons in early 90s. Miller's
    Pacers, etc.
    I know that...i was saying the eastern conference was trash for long time after jordan left. Wouldve been scary if he and those bulls teams were around when the Nets and those Pistons teams were on top of the conference.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    I know that...i was saying the eastern conference was trash for long time after jordan left. Wouldve been scary if he and those bulls teams were around when the Nets and those Pistons teams were on top of the conference.
    Gotcha.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Would've loved to see Miami play vs western conference competition. No way they win it all last year

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

Bobcats
    Nets
    Pacers

Come on man. None of those teams would have gotten out of the first round in the West.

Indy has been a train wreck. The only reason they made the ECF was because of how poor the East is.

Teams like Atlanta and Washington aren't that good.

Miami has cruised and will be well rested in the finals without even being challenged.
    Remember how the Heat were one game away from being eliminated by Boston, but they won 4-3 in the end. When the Finals came, they...WAAAIT FOR IT...beat OKC 4-1, although OKC had 1 or 2 days more rest.
    Last year, they had the Bucks, Bulls and Indiana, whom they struggled with going to 7 games, while Spurs got about 5 days more rest heading to the Finals and...they beat the Spurs 4-3. Maybe this year is different, since Indiana is looking very weak, but the Heat didn't have the easiest road last 2 years.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Quote Originally Posted by SharkAA View Post
    Remember how the Heat were one game away from being eliminated by Boston, but they won 4-3 in the end. When the Finals came, they...WAAAIT FOR IT...beat OKC 4-1, although OKC had 1 or 2 days more rest.
    Last year, they had the Bucks, Bulls and Indiana, whom they struggled with going to 7 games, while Spurs got about 5 days more rest heading to the Finals and...they beat the Spurs 4-3. Maybe this year is different, since Indiana is looking very weak, but the Heat didn't have the easiest road last 2 years.
    So because they took a pretty washed up Boston team to 7 games and Indiana to 7 that makes their road difficult?

SharkAA

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    So because they took a pretty washed up Boston team to 7 games and Indiana to 7 that makes their road difficult?
    Obviously it was for them. We could discuss how OKC, SAS would destroy Boston and Indiana, but that's a waste of time.

BigDofBA

I'm talking about this year. What the hell so previous seasons have to so with anything?

That Boston team was better than all of these teams anyway.

Point being, the Eastern Conference seems historically bad.

Bobcats
    Nets
    And a Pacers team lucky to survive a below .500 #8 seed

Joke

SharkAA

I'm talking about this year. What the hell so previous seasons have to so with anything?

That Boston team was better than all of these teams anyway.

Point being, the Eastern Conference seems historically bad.

Bobcats
    Nets
    And a Pacers team lucky to survive a below .500 #8 seed

Joke
    I agree that EC is very weak, but would you rather have a competition format like it's in soccer in Europa League? Or would you rather have bball Euroleague system? I don't think NBA would go that way.

larryp0405
    larryp0405's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 996

Havent even read this thread, but i think its bullshit

The Heat are cheating , i dont care what anyone says the refs are in there pocket, the refs are helping them. they are one of the chosen teams, the league helps them when they see fit, whenever miami needs help they give it to them.

I dont know about the pacers since theyve been getting beat by larger margins, even though the refs are cheating for miami, im not sure pacers are winning, hibbert is garbage,etc

But Brooklyn caught a raw deal, they could have easily won that series or at least brought it to 7 games but the refs werent having any of that and intervened.

Heat won game 1
    Heat won game 2
    Nets won game 3
    Heat won game 4 In the last 45 seconds, Nets could have easily been tied 2-2
    Heat won by 2 with enourmous rigging and bullshit going on, i dont even want to hear the nonsense, miami cheated 100%, and it was disgusting, they would have lost by 10+ if the refs didnt intervene and should have won 100% that game.

There are so many god damn examples of the refs cheating for the heat and other certain teams when they see fit.

Its sick

vio_br
    vio_br's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Quote Originally Posted by SharkAA View Post
    If I recall, in the final, in the game 2 Durant was fault on the last shot by James but no call was made...Would have tied the game and instead of 1-1 would have been a 2-0.
    Also u forgot to mention that Miami receive a lot of calls for them during games...somehow they are "protected"
    But the point is that is much more difficult for a team in the west to reach the final, Miami has a big advantage playing in a poor EC. WC is another story.

SharkAA

Quote Originally Posted by vio_br View Post
    If I recall, in the final, in the game 2 Durant was fault on the last shot by James but no call was made...Would have tied the game and instead of 1-1 would have been a 2-0.
    Also u forgot to mention that Miami receive a lot of calls for them during games...somehow they are "protected"
    But the point is that is much more difficult for a team in the west to reach the final, Miami has a big advantage playing in a poor EC. WC is another story.
    You forgot to mention, that the refs don't tend to whistle that kind of fouls generally in situations like it was in Gm 2. Yes, the most obvious fouls will be called, but that's pretty much it and they decide to play on if it's not the most obvious foul. While we're at it, why don't you mention that OKC got a lot of help from the refs this year? Isn't it weird, that Z-Bo got suspended for Gm 7 against OKC? Isn't it weird that KD gets far more FTs per game than any other player? Isn't it weird, how the officiating in Gm 5 went against the Clippers? I'm pretty sure that you ignore that just because you can't stand Miami. The reality is, they were the best in 2011-2012 and 2012-2013, but not this year, since many people including myself can't see them winning it.

We already said EC is pretty weak in comparison to WC and yes, teams in WC do have a harder path to the Finals, but this wouldn't have been discussed if the #1-#8 seeded teams in the EC would play against #1-#8 seeded teams in the WC. It would be nice to watch Miami-Memphis, Indiana-Dallas, Toronto-GSW in Rd 1 etc.

hustlehard617
    hustlehard617's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10698

I know this would never happen I rather there be no conferences and the 16 best teams seeded 1-16 make the playoffs. Hell the Suns would have beat most teams in the east

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Yeah any of the teams out West are a top 2 team in the East. If only the 8 seed got to play the 1 seed in the other conference, Mavs would have destroyed the Pacers lol.

The East isn't the same without the Boston Celtics being good with their big 3. I miss those years.