Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

Easy, Breezy, Beautiful Cover Tonight in Game 3 of Spurs/Thunder... Saddle Up Kids!

I see a lot of chatter about the right side in tonight's game, but why try to make contact with a hellacious Niekro knuckleball when you can take a giant swing at a slow-pitched softball?

Allow me to elaborate. My current book has the total at 208. It's going Over. Take a hammer to your piggy bank and place it's contents on the Over. Occasionally Vegas likes to give money back to the public as part of some economic stimulus plan, and fortunately for us, tonight is one of those nights. Do not let this boat sail.

The Spurs have been scoring at will so far against the Ibaka-less Thunder, and even with his expected return, it's highly improbable that he'll operate at 100%. If he is in fact close to full strength, it'll make for a better defensive effort out of OKC, but it'll also mean an uptick in offensive production from the Thunder, and that's what's important here, is that the Thunder contribute to the Over because the Spurs have been more than reliable in that regard. All things considered, I don't think Ibaka's presence affects my decision one way or the other.

The Thunder, playing at home for the first time in this series, will most likely come out swinging and putting points on the board. I highly doubt they get stonewalled offensively two games in a row. You already know the Spurs will get theirs, so I expect these two teams to be trading punches early and often in this game. The extra time off can only benefit an older team like SA, and OKC, who's been licking their wounds since being held to an uncharacteristic 77 points last Wednesday.

It's the perfect crime... Shakedown your book and vanish without a trace. Spurs/Thunder Over 208

nelsonrc24
    nelsonrc24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1089

Love the over! Good luck

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

You make a very compelling argument for the over. I have been on the fence all day, Leaning over, but nothing has convinced me like this repertoire. TX, Man. BOL.

Eddy Munny

No worries fellas. Fresh legs usually means more points, and they should be as fresh as they're going to get during a playoff run. Last game the wheels fell off for the Thunder, but the beauty of a series is that last game is old news. Extra time off coupled with a change in venue means Thunder should feel more "themselves" tonight and make for a great game.

There's a reason why OKC is laying a little chalk tonight despite being manhandled the first two games. I don't wanna play with fire (betting the side), so the Over is where it's at.

Good Luck

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

All the way with the over.. 208. .. Should be 240, then I might think about the under.. And still pick O

Eddy Munny

I like your confidence brainfreeze. We should be counting our money by halftime if all goes well.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

The overs like a chicken drum to me, I want a 2 piece. Taking Spurs with it .. Lets get it!!

Eddy Munny

Strap yourselves in... Getting set for takeoff. It's about to start raining money. Vegas is a charity organization to which I am the beneficiary. Money smells so much sweeter when it's tax free.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

235, 240 ... Sounds about right

Eddy Munny

EZ money indeed.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Doesn't look so easy anymore

Eddy Munny

Uh oh... A funny thing happened on the way to the cash register.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Uh oh... A funny thing happened on the way to the cash register.
    We took a little beating Munny,

Eddy Munny

Yeah brainfreeze, the choo-choo went off the tracks at some point in the 2nd half. It didn't help that SA pulled their starters in the 4th, but shit happens I guess. It's alright though, get'em next time.

sballen
    sballen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2274

EZ money indeed.
    Never fails, people get cocky way before its over. Have you all ever watched more than a few bball games in your life? Bball is full of swings and only a fool claims its a winner way before its over.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by sballen View Post
    Never fails, people get cocky way before its over. Have you all ever watched more than a few bball games in your life? Bball is full of swings and only a fool claims its a winner way before its over.
    Dude.. It was like 6 points from.. Could've easily went over

Eddy Munny

I've watched plenty of games. Don't bother lecturing me about the swings in a bball game, I'm not a newb. When I posted the "EZ money" quote, it was right about the time I was cashing in on my 1H Over bet (which admittedly was smaller than my FG bet), and the pace looked good for the game Over as well. I lost the bigger bet sure, but I don't think it was a terrible read on the game on my part. I anticipated Ibaka boosting OKC's defense (which it did), while also boosting their offense (which it did as well). In the end, SA just didn't quite live up to their end, scoring wise. Losses are gonna happen. It's an escapable truth. On to the next one......

randynsales
    randynsales's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

You are absolutely right losses are going to happen no ones100% it is easy for some one to second guess your call after the game starts. I myself contemplated all day over or under it was not a easy call

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

I've watched plenty of games. Don't bother lecturing me about the swings in a bball game, I'm not a newb. When I posted the "EZ money" quote, it was right about the time I was cashing in on my 1H Over bet (which admittedly was smaller than my FG bet), and the pace looked good for the game Over as well. I lost the bigger bet sure, but I don't think it was a terrible read on the game on my part. I anticipated Ibaka boosting OKC's defense (which it did), while also boosting their offense (which it did as well). In the end, SA just didn't quite live up to their end, scoring wise. Losses are gonna happen. It's an escapable truth. On to the next one......
    Hey man, we gave it a shot. First half looked like we had the game. Stuff happens. I wouldn't change it even now, reflecting back. We'll get them tonight. Ignore the people who criticize AFTER the game. Anybody can do that.