SD500
    SD500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

To hedge, or not to hedge...

Okay. I need a bit of help/advice here. Right now the Heat are -210 to win the series. Hedging here would still be relatively expensive. If the Pacers were to go up 2-0, what do you think the Heat to win series would be? I estimate it to be at least even money. Any input? I obviously realize that if the Heat tie the series at 1-1 that the Heat ML to win the series will jump back up to about -350 or so. At that point I would probably just roll the dice and leave the parlay alone. Are their any other options to hedge this particular bet? I thought about betting Miami ML relatively small tomorrow, and then pounding Miami ML for the series if they were to lose tomorrows game. I then saw another prop bet that is "Miami wins game two, and wins the series," which is paying -115, as opposed to the -140 that Miami is just for game two. This way if they win, the hedge is already built in.

Wager (sort by time) Risk Win
    4 Team - Parlay
    Philadelphia Phillies ML (-135) Win

Detroit Tigers ML (+100) Win

Oklahoma City Thunder/San Antonio Spurs o209 (-110) Win

Pacers Series ML (+280)
    $139.00 $3,371.66
    1 of 1 Total Wagers $139.00 $3,371.66

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I am bias as I think Heat will win this series and don't like your original +280 to begin with, so I would hedge with Heat -205 at 5 Dimes.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I am bias as I think Heat will win this series and don't like your original +280 to begin with, so I would hedge with Heat -205 at 5 Dimes.
    Pretty much this. The answers you will get here will be mostly "biased" by whether the guy thinks the Heat win the series or not, which I think too so if I was "stuck" (pretty good thing to be stuck with lol) with this parlay I would absolutely and definitely hedge.

Now if you're talking from a pure money standpoint I guess it depends what $3000 is to you.

About the whole waiting thing if the Pacers win any of the next 3 games you should get a series price on Miami that will allow you to hedge (I'd think -120 if they win tonight, -160 if Pacers win game 3 and -200 if they win game 4). I have Miami winning the next 3 and finishing it off in either game 5 or game 6 depending on their mood but that's just me.