JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

BigDofBA

Wanted an OKC perspective on the game tonight. I realize Brooks is not known for adjustments but does he make some tonight? Although I can't see CP3 trying to guard KD for a full game, I wonder if Brooks can provide a game plan that takes advantage of the LA double-teams on KD.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Quote Originally Posted by JT OZ View Post
    Wanted an OKC perspective on the game tonight. I realize Brooks is not known for adjustments but does he make some tonight? Although I can't see CP3 trying to guard KD for a full game, I wonder if Brooks can provide a game plan that takes advantage of the LA double-teams on KD.
    Do what the smart coaches do with Durant, cover him & force Westbrook to shoot, and that's how you beat OKC. Westbrook was not good at end of last game. Actually, I think they played better when he was out earlier this year. Just a thought.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Brooks went small and didn't have Perkins or Adams in down the stretch.

Have Perkins set a few picks on Paul and Paul won't be as enthusiastic on guarding Durant. Likewise, Durant should be able to post up on Paul. Paul did well the last game guarding Durant but it seemed more like a curveball to the Thunder than anything. I don't think that will work again.

Likewise, Westbrook should be able to post up Collison when Collison is on him.

Before the series I said this would be 2-2 going into game 5 and the winner of game 5 would win the series. I still feel that way.

The Clippers have a better team top to bottom but OKC has two super stars so the Thunder can beat anyone.

I feel like the series goes 7 and I give a slight edge to OKC because of home court but it's really a coin flip because if LA shoots well they will win, see game 1.

Also, I have criticized Brooks but Rivers has done equally dumb things this series.

The thing that bothers me with OKC is that they don't trust their system when the game gets close and they play one on one ISO ball. They moved the hall great and built a big lead and then at the end they abandoned it. It's like the players don't trust Brooks or don't listen to him in crunch time and thy play hero ball.

I am not sure how OKC bounces back tonight after that loss. It seems LA has momentum. I don't have a good feel for this game. Seems like a toss up.

JT OZ

The thoughts are much appreciated and I agree with you on most of them. Hopefully they come through tonight at home and despite not having the better all-around team, I think KD and Russ will continue their strong play.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Durant should be able to post up on Paul.
    That queer Durant wouldn't go in the post to save his mother. He's allergic to down low. Allergic to contact. Allergic to anything other than a contested 15+ foot jumper. Who are we kidding OKC shot themselves right outta the game. They have the worst shot selection in the league and I won't ever trust them laying points in a playoff game. I'll take them reg season against Sacramento but this is big boy ball and they can't handle it otherwise they would of dispatched that atrocious Memphis squad much earlier than 7 games how pathetic. Thunder are so incredibly soft it truly is amazing.

BigDofBA

OKC has won the West so yeah, they can play big boy ball.

Durant can score in the post. It's not his game but he can.

He went to the hoop over Jordan last game and got an and one.

I do think LA has a better overall team but OKC has the star power.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

They won the West two years ago with Harden as a sixth man. They haven't been the same tram ever since he left and people can't see it but I totally can.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Even if OKc wins this series I am just gonna chalk it up to the Sterling distraction. Thunder are pussies coach is a pussy Durant is a pussy.

JT OZ

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    They won the West two years ago with Harden as a sixth man. They haven't been the same tram ever since he left and people can't see it but I totally can.
    I think anybody that has watched them over the last 2 years would say they are different but that's professional sports, its a business and they decided they had to let Harden go because he wanted top-guy money. OKC has maintained a desire to stay under the luxury tax and it could be their downfall if they don't ever win a title with the core makeup of this team.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by JT OZ View Post
    I think anybody that has watched them over the last 2 years would say they are different but that's professional sports, its a business and they decided they had to let Harden go because he wanted top-guy money. OKC has maintained a desire to stay under the luxury tax and it could be their downfall if they don't ever win a title with the core makeup of this team.
    Exactly. I think they need one more guy and to spend money but they won't.

They'll probably be a top 4 team but not a champion.

Miami is that team.

I'm also saying that I think LA is a better team top to bottom.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Do what the smart coaches do with Durant, cover him & force Westbrook to shoot, and that's how you beat OKC. Westbrook was not good at end of last game. Actually, I think they played better when he was out earlier this year. Just a thought.
    If Wesbrook were injured during these playoffs OKC would already be on holiday. 100 percent guarantee.