pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

12/07 Spurs/Jazz discussion

Probably the most intriguing match up on Monday's light card... curious to see how the line moves. I like Utah -2 so far... they're a covering machine at home, Spurs off two tough home losses and not a very good road team.

Utah also has a tough week ahead of them, with the Lakers, Magic, then Lakers again after the Spurs. Can't see them "looking ahead" to the Lakers as they never win at the Staples Center. Jazz need this home win as they have three games they'll probably lose coming up.

W0lfy
    W0lfy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I HATE betting on or against the Spurs. I promise myself every time I do that it will never happen again. I was on them against Denver and they disappointed. They will probably pull a win out of their asses against a hot Utah team on the road just to fk me again. All signs point to the Jazz of course, but these spurs man they love to win when no ones on them.

Sharkl11
    Sharkl11's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's all about the equilibrium. Spurs will be going back to winning ways as Jazz hot steak will die down.

Trixie
    Trixie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 230

Spurs for me. But I have 0 points, so..

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Why do you guys think the Jazz are on a hot streak? Cause they were 4-1 on a 5 game homestand? Eaking out a win at home over Indiana. They just lost SU to the Timberwolves, who were 2-17 at the time, THAT IS NOT A HOT TEAM! The Jazz seem like the right play but they have lost at home this year to Sacramento, Houston, Oklahoma City. The Spurs just look like shit this year and I can't figure out why they aren't getting at least 4. I may stay away from this one, If the Jazz win and cover easy I will be really pissed I didnt bet on them.

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Just looking at the off and def efficiency numbers for the season this looks like a coin flip. The questions for me are how effective kinda injured players will be and how much an edge to give to Utah for playing at home. I'll likely avoid this one.

vinny808
    vinny808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1243

Twice this season, the Jazz blew the Spurs out. Yet, the spread is still close. I don't get it. The Jazz are an extremely tough home team, and have you guys seen the way Carlos Boozer has been playing recently? 27 and 15? Until the Spurs prove me otherwise, I don't believe they are the same caliber team they were a few years ago.

I'm riding the Jazz
    Jazz 1st Quarter pk,
    Jazz 1st Half -.5
    Jazz -1.5 Game

If the Jazz are blowing the Spurs out by half time, bet Spurs 2nd Half.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Do not bet against the Spurs tonight.

Brakon00
    bobcats, pistons, bulls
    Brakon00's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakerboy, I 100% disagree......public loved spurs when the line came out at -1 and for some reason the books have pushed the line to -2..which is fishy.....the books seem to be making the spurs backers to take part in this game for a bet on them. For this reason and being utah at home and being 4-1 in last 5 I like Utah -2

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by vinny808 View Post
    and have you guys seen the way Carlos Boozer has been playing recently? 27 and 15?
    Finally someone who watches the games and doesnt just refresh the scores on their browser. Dude he is playing out of his gord he wants that 2010 money real bad. But to me, Deron Williams doesnt look as hot as previous years, Eric Maynor and Mathews are playing thei roles well but the thing with the Jerry Sloans system is its a read and react, Poppovich has a much more in-depth and intellectual approach if you ask me, and although the Jazz are fresh off a road loss to a sub-par team, dont you think the Spurs will be playing with a chip on their shoulder after the shalackings they have recieved? I really liked the Jazz til I thought about it, that number is too easy Spurs should be getting 3.5 AT A MINIMUM.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm normally a huge proponent of betting the Jazz at home, where even in losses, they're usually a very tough team.

However, this games smells like a reversal of fortune for both teams. San Antonio is going on the road for the first time in a while (and the first time outside of Texas in a month!), which I think is a really good thing for them. They were growing complacent at home, and paid for it with two embarrassing losses.

As for the Jazz, yes they're 4-1 in their last 5, but that that streak came against teams that were all either SU bad teams, or that were weakened by injuries. Added to that, Utah at home as only a -1.5 favourite does not make sense.

I'm undecided on this game, but it would be Spurs or nothing for the game. I did take Jazz 1Q pk, but anticipate a 1Q Jazz win, followed by giving most of that lead (if not all of it, and more) back to the Spurs from the 2Q onward.

jdhender
    jdhender's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Just when people start to count out the Spurs they STRIKE! This is still a good basketball team.