larryp0405
    larryp0405's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 996

Homecourt means alot in the nba, more then any other sport

just look at the lines for game 3s

Miami was -7 and -8 in games 1 and 2, and like -350 or -400 now they are -122

this tells me refs control alot of what goes on

i expect all home teams to win games 3 and 4

amolg24
    amolg24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3317

How does that tell you refs control whats going on? I agree with you, but all this tells me is that home court advantage means a lot like you said in the title. The lines reflect the fact that this game is in Brooklyn.

larryp0405

i mean because i dont see how a home court has that big of an advantage, they all play on a basketball court with the same ball everywhere they go

i think the refs give the home team the advantage which is why the line is reflected as such

Miami - 8 at home now only -1 on road

that series will be tied 2-2 goin back to miami for game 5

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Please. Nets won't take two from Miami. stop being blinded by being a homer.

amolg24
    amolg24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3317

Quote Originally Posted by larryp0405 View Post
    i mean because i dont see how a home court has that big of an advantage, they all play on a basketball court with the same ball everywhere they go

i think the refs give the home team the advantage which is why the line is reflected as such

Miami - 8 at home now only -1 on road

that series will be tied 2-2 goin back to miami for game 5
    I agree that the refs give the home team the advantage, but could that have to do with the crowd? Especially when a crowd is vocal (which most playoff crowds are) then the refs tend to slide in their favor. Also, you gotta remember that home court advantage is what most of these teams are trying to achieve during the regular season. They're playing hard for it because they know how important is it. I think the lines have to do with a little more than just the refs. Miami line moving from -7 to -2 seems pretty accurate for an away playoff game especially against a team as unpredictable at times as the Nets.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Starting to think these are reverse jinx threads and the op is betting against the nets.

Dont know how anybody whos watched the nets this postseason would think they would be going back to miami with the series tied. Only way thats happening, is if somebody in the Nets organization has a time machine and gets the 2008-2009 versions of this squad to sub in for their present day versions.

Or Lebron or Wade get hurt....and even them I wouldnt be so sure.

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Home court means more than refs

Comfort zone for players who get a better feel for their game

Fans behind them. The players are a bunch of emotional Africans who need support

larryp0405

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    Home court means more than refs

Comfort zone for players who get a better feel for their game

Fans behind them. The players are a bunch of emotional Africans who need support