t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Wizards/Pacers Series Odds

I have had my eye on these odds at Pinnacle for the last couple hours, checking it every now and then.

I noticed earlier Pacers were around -190. They dropped to around -179 or so and then shot up to -198. Since then however it appears that tons of sharp money has been pouring in on Washington.

Here are the current odds:

NBA Series Prices - Best of Seven
    MON 5/5 WASHINGTON WIZARDS VS INDIANA PACERS
    04:05 PM 871 Washington Wizards +149
    872 Indiana Pacers -168

I'll be interested to see if the price goes back up in the -185 area. Indiana might need to go with a similar approach to the one they used against Atlanta when they went away from their usual big lineup. Nene/Gortat present a similar matchup situation as Millsap and Gortat. The difference here though is that Nene is much stronger and will likely kill them on the glass if Indy tries to go small.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Bro I am unloading on Washington regardless of line movement or any other stuff.

The team that has impressed me the most this playoffs vs the team that has impressed me the less.

Plus which like you said Washngton bigs can all shot the 15-17 footer and they have guys like Gooden and Harrington who don't play much but can come in and hit threes if they want to go down that route.

I just really think this Washington team is clicking at the right time. I posted a bit about them in my thread yesterday. Very very impressed.
    Last edited by Seto; 05-04-14 at 05:58 PM.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20370

Wiz series all the way. It's very simple, Wiz are hot, Pacers are not.

Don't understand your analysis of Antic/Milsap being similar to Gortat/Nene. Antic is a stretch center who shoots 3's. Gortat primarily plays towards the basket. Milsap can play on the perimeter, Nene mainly stays in the paint. Pacers can revert back to their big lineup. This matchup should be better for Hibbert.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post

Don't understand your analysis of Antic/Milsap being similar to Gortat/Nene. Antic is a stretch center who shoots 3's. Gortat primarily plays towards the basket. Milsap can play on the perimeter, Nene mainly stays in the paint. Pacers can revert back to their big lineup. This matchup should be better for Hibbert.
    Gortat is not a 3 point shooter but he is a good midrange shooter for a big man and is big enough to bang down low.

Seto

Nene destroyed the Bulls in games 1 and 2 with the 15-17 footer. They were happy to give it to him and he kept hitting it.

It is dumbfounding to me how this guy is one of the best mid-range jumpshooters in the league but only shoots like 60% from the line. All about confidence I guess.

Seto

Wiz now +149 at Pinny

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20370

I'm surprised to see OKC series price at -185. I kind of like Clipps in this series. Not sure OKC has anyone to guard KD though. I always thought Clipps main weakness was no lockdown defensive wing. Barnes is okay....but he's past his prime. He was an elite defender like 3 years ago.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Bro I am unloading on Washington regardless of line movement or any other stuff.

The team that has impressed me the most this playoffs vs the team that has impressed me the less.

Plus which like you said Washngton bigs can all shot the 15-17 footer and they have guys like Gooden and Harrington who don't play much but can come in and hit threes if they want to go down that route.

I just really think this Washington team is clicking at the right time. I posted a bit about them in my thread yesterday. Very very impressed.
    Again, I'm not sure how you could feel comfortable placing a wager at this point either for or against Indiana. They either show up, or they don't. From a personnel standpoint, they should beat Washington. Emphasis on should, though, because who knows if they'll keep up mentally.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I'm surprised to see OKC series price at -185. I kind of like Clipps in this series. Not sure OKC has anyone to guard KD though. I always thought Clipps main weakness was no lockdown defensive wing. Barnes is okay....but he's past his prime. He was an elite defender like 3 years ago.
    Another difficult series to predict, given the fact that both teams are shit defensively. Hard to gauge because of that.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Again, I'm not sure how you could feel comfortable placing a wager at this point either for or against Indiana. They either show up, or they don't. From a personnel standpoint, they should beat Washington. Emphasis on should, though, because who knows if they'll keep up mentally.
    I disagree. I think the Pacers stink. In my mind beyond their internal issues they're not even that good a team. Definitely not as good as their record.

I guess we'll see.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I disagree. I think the Pacers stink. In my mind beyond their internal issues they're not even that good a team. Definitely not as good as their record.

I guess we'll see.
    Not sure if they stink, but they're definitely a shell of the team they were at the start of the season. I'm not sold on the Wizards being ready to win this series yet, though. Experience may outlast dysfunction here. Again, hard to say.

Seto

Not sure if they stink, but they're definitely a shell of the team they were at the start of the season. I'm not sold on the Wizards being ready to win this series yet, though. Experience may outlast dysfunction here. Again, hard to say.
    I wasn't sure how the Wizards would handle the playoffs and thought that on effort alone the Bulls would win 2-3 games in that series but the Wiz never really laid an egg despite a couple great opportunities to let up after starting the series so well. It seems they aren't the team that lost at home to the Bucks, Sixers, Celtics, Cavs, Pistons anymore. That kinda destroyed their record. This team is 22-19 on the road which I find is more indicative of how good a team is than the overall record in some cases (remember Denver vs Golden State last year). Wiz are clicking at the right time.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

I'm taking wizards and clippers in series, figure one of them comes thru to make money

Seto

Wiz do you think the Spurs lose then?

I think it may end like Spurs/Warriors last year sadly. Although at least as opposed to the Warriors last year Blazers aren't banged up.

t-wizzle

I think it may end like Spurs/Warriors last year sadly. Although at least as opposed to the Warriors last year Blazers aren't banged up.

That series is not going to be easy to cap because Portland makes so many tough 3s. They are probably one of the best teams I've seen when it comes to making contested 3s.

I don't know if Aldridge is going to be able to go off on Duncan. He has quickness on him but prefers to go into the defender's body and shoot fadeaways and even though Duncan is not the player he once was, he's still one of the best big man defenders in the league because he's so tall and has such long arms. I want to see if Portland is able to still run through Duncan or if they run a lot of high screen action with Lillard. Lillard could wear out Parker in this series and if that happens, the Spurs will be in trouble.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I'm taking Wizards for the series as well. I also think they will win game 1. They have been resting.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

My guess is Portland is in "close but not quite" mode this year, which is fairly common when climbing the NBA ladder. Teams like Portland and Washington typically have to pay their dues before they truly emerge as legitimate playoff contenders.

Seto

My guess is Portland is in "close but not quite" mode this year, which is fairly common when climbing the NBA ladder. Teams like Portland and Washington typically have to pay their dues before they truly emerge as legitimate playoff contenders.
    I agree. It does trouble me a tad that betting Wiz series means they make the ECF. But in this awful East, it's possible. Obviously if they make the ECF they will lose, whether it's Miami or Brooklyn on the other side (should be Miami). In the West, against the Spurs machine with Pop pulling the strings, meh. Portland will make them work though.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    That series is not going to be easy to cap because Portland makes so many tough 3s. They are probably one of the best teams I've seen when it comes to making contested 3s.

I don't know if Aldridge is going to be able to go off on Duncan. He has quickness on him but prefers to go into the defender's body and shoot fadeaways and even though Duncan is not the player he once was, he's still one of the best big man defenders in the league because he's so tall and has such long arms. I want to see if Portland is able to still run through Duncan or if they run a lot of high screen action with Lillard. Lillard could wear out Parker in this series and if that happens, the Spurs will be in trouble.
    Good stuff.

You think Wes Matthews will be on Parker? Or possibly Batum at times? Blazers have guys they can throw at him as opposed to the Mavs.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Indy is playoff tested the Wiz are not, although they have some players with playoff experience..........maybe Indy has regained their momentum, the Spurs look like they have

t-wizzle

Indy likes to pack it in on defense. Wall should have no issues with George Hill guarding him but when he gets into the paint he might be going up against a wall of defenders. Lance Stephenson could get into Beal's head. I don't think Beal likes a real physical game and that's exactly what Lance would try to make the game into.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Another difficult series to predict, given the fact that both teams are shit defensively. Hard to gauge because of that.
    Also depends on CP3's health. Looked healthy last night but not sure if he's 100%...Westbrook is gonna be a nightmare matchup IMO. Also like Ibaka on griffin and Perkins to keep Jordan out of the paint

t-wizzle

Pacers back up to -192.

This is going to be interesting. I think the series odds movement will be a good indication of who wins Game 1.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Indy likes to pack it in on defense. Wall should have no issues with George Hill guarding him but when he gets into the paint he might be going up against a wall of defenders. Lance Stephenson could get into Beal's head. I don't think Beal likes a real physical game and that's exactly what Lance would try to make the game into.
    This series could come down to how slow Vogel seems to react to bad matchups. No way Atlanta should've taken them to 7 but he's so damn slow to change anything up. I say Indy in 7 again....but Indy could make it easier if they went to more of a zone concept. I think they'll like playing a team that doesn't have all 5 guys shooting 25 ft'ers

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Pacers back up to -192.

This is going to be interesting. I think the series odds movement will be a good indication of who wins Game 1.
    -180 now. this is pretty interesting.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    -180 now. this is pretty interesting.
    Yea it's been back and forth ever since the release.

I think we are looking at a 7 game series.

t-wizzle

NBA Series Prices - Best of Seven
    MON 5/5 WASHINGTON WIZARDS VS INDIANA PACERS
    04:05 PM 871 Washington Wizards +143
    872 Indiana Pacers -162