FightForCalifornia
    FightForCalifornia's Avatar Become A Pro!

Need help for a research project (bracket info)

I'm doing a research project for my Game Theory class at school, and if anyone could help me find the following data it would be much appreciated. I need:

1. The percentage of people who picked a given team to go to a given spot in the Bracket. For example, to go to the final 4 in the San Jose region 22% picked Kansas 20% picked UCLA, 10% picked Pitt, 5% picked VCU etc. etc.

ESPN.com has a national bracket but it's flawed for the later rounds, as it tells the percentage of people who picked each team out of the total number who picked both teams. For example, it has Florida 79% Wisconsin 21% in the regional final. What that means is that OF PEOPLE WHO PICKED UF or Wisc, 79% picked UF and 21% picked Wisc, and that those two teams were the most likley selected. I can extrapolate accurately through 3 rounds, but it's not possible after that.

I would like info on the actual #s for each team at each spot

2. I need a place to find the moneylines for every game that was played. I know that covers has records of all the spreads, so at worst I need a standard conversion of spreads to moneylines (i.e. a 4 point fave will be -250) which is obviously not perfectly accurate since high scoring teams value points less

3. I need the pre-tournament odds to win the tournament, and the odds to win each region. I know these existed, but I can't find them now that they're gone.

Thanks in advance for yoru help,

Galen

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Try DonBest.com archives...

FightForCalifornia

I couldn't find the archives at Don Best but I did find this:

http://large-regular.blogspot.com/20...asketball.html

Do those odds look about right?

FightForCalifornia

Can anyone help with the other items?

FightForCalifornia

Anyone?