setlikeaboss
    setlikeaboss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Poppin that cherry!

Hello forum, name is Jay and after studying sports betting for quite some time and doing mock/play bets I took my first step into betting my first real game. Pretty excited took GS +3, love them as home dogs especially after the blowout game.

Question, I hope i don't sound idiotic but when i made my bet it told me what my payout was, it had gs +3 (-115). When the game started the -115 was gone and just the spread was there and I did just a mock bet of the same amount as my initial real bet to see what the payout would be and it ended up being more, is this normal? Should i just wait until the game begins to give me a better payout

Thank you in advance...go Warriors!

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL on your action

setlikeaboss
    setlikeaboss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Thx man, i was wondering if anyone could answer my question about the payout being different from before the game and different once the game begun although same wager, same spread just the (115) went away, common or uncommon?

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spoon19xx
    Spoon19xx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

Congratulations dont blow your winnings tomorrow

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Quote Originally Posted by setlikeaboss View Post
    Thx man, i was wondering if anyone could answer my question about the payout being different from before the game and different once the game begun although same wager, same spread just the (115) went away, common or uncommon?
    You are looking at the "odds". In your example GSW was -115 @ +3, meaning for every 100 you would like to win, you would have to lay 115 (or 15 cents on the dollar) So if you wanted to win 300 you would have to lay 345.
    When players bet on one side or the other the odds get influenced. the line probably looked like LAC -3 (-105) vs GSW +3 (-115) - money started coming in on the Clips @ -3 (-105) making the line you originally saw move to LAC -3 (-110) vs GSW +3 (-110).

Mud in your eye?