OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

FINAL DAY - Okay who is playing for nothing and who is playing for something?

Lets hear it, I don't feel like going through this all while I'm at work.

Three things I've learned you can count on betting on all sports:

1) the force of god will not help a cover for an unmotivated NBA team
    2) betting womens tennis is like trusing hellen keller to fly you across the sea
    3) there is no value betting premier league soccer

That being said, back to rule 1, who is not playing for anything? We've a lot of Eastern conf. teams pack it in since there are only 2 good teams in that league, who is tanking for the lotto and who has given up?

OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OhMyEli View Post
    I don't feel like going through this all while I'm at work.
    Plus seeing as I have not paid attention to the NBA the past few weeks I dont know the angles. Sometimes teams tank to play an easier first round opponent or they decide to rest their starters even if it means losing a seed.

Translation: penetrate off asswipe.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look at the starting lineup for the celtics tonight. Clearly they're tanking

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Just saying in the time in took you to type that, typing, I dont know, playoff angles or playoff scenarios or potential 1st round and 2nd round matchups I think you would have gotten your answer, it may take a while to get your answer in your thread. Translation, was trying to help you.

Reign Man
    Reign Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

Dallas certainly has something to play for, I'm sure they're going to try their hardest tonight so they face OKC who've they played well against this year instead of falling to the 8th spot and playing the Spurs the first round. still lean more towards the Grizz, they're tough at home and they've started rolling as of late

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the subpar home team playing for their fanbase is the best angle for the last day of the NBA season. Those teams that know they had a bad year and need to put a positive face on the end of the year for the fans and to boost season ticket sales.

1) The Cavs are hosting a Nets team that has shut down all their big names for the night. CLE -7.5
    2) Orlando is hosting Indy, who are sitting most of their starters. ORL -3.5
    3) Milwaukee is hosting Atlanta, who are sitting Millsap/Korver/Carroll. MIL -3.5
    4) The Kings are hosting Phoenix, who are sitting Dragic and just had their hearts broken by Memphis. SAC +2.5
    5) The Nuggets are hosting Golden State, who are resting all their starters. DEN -8.5
    6) The Timberwolves can get back to .500 with a win tonight against Utah. MIN -11.5

Then the games that actually matter

1) Bulls @ Bobcats, with Charlotte likely caring more about position. If they win and the Wizards lose, they hold the tiebreak and can sneak into the 6 spot and get the Raptors instead of Miami in the first round. Bobcats -1.5
    2) Wizards @ Celtics. Same deal. They need a win to avoid the Heat in the first round, although they've played Miami extremely well this year, so maybe they're not super motivated? Wizards -7.5
    3) Houston @ New Orleans (NOP -3.5) & Clippers @ Portland (POR -3.5). If Portland wins and Houston loses, they can take homecourt in Round 1. Houston is resting Harden & Parsons. The Pelicans have shut down Anthony Davis & Eric Gordon. The Clippers are sitting Paul & Griffin, and Portland is sitting Aldridge & Mo Williams.
    4) Dallas vs Memphis. The most important game of the night, which will decide 7th/8th. The twist is, I kind of think playing the Spurs and then HOU/POR might be better than OKC followed by LAC/GSW...

I'm playing a few of these in RR parlays as I think for many, the motivation for the home sides among the lottery teams and the Blazers/Wizards/Rockets/Bobcats to win tonight are pretty solid.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    2) Wizards @ Celtics. Same deal. They need a win to avoid the Heat in the first round, although they've played Miami extremely well this year, so maybe they're not super motivated? Wizards -7.5
    3) Houston @ New Orleans (NOP -3.5) & Clippers @ Portland (POR -3.5). If Portland wins and Houston loses, they can take homecourt in Round 1. .
    You sure?
    Last edited by jtoler; 04-16-14 at 05:49 PM.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    You sure?
    Ah. No. You're right. Scratch that one. Writing without reading first...