t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

The Pacers are in trouble

...Trouble as in they are going to struggle to make it to the Eastern Conference Finals. Whether they play Charlotte, Atlanta, the Knicks, or even Cleveland in the first round, it's not going to be a sweep.

The real trouble comes in the second round if they face the Nets or the Bulls. I think the Nets would beat Chicago in a 7 game first round series but both teams are capable of beating the Pacers as it stands right now.

I try not to overreact to the NBA regular season. You really need to take the regular season with a grain of salt in this league. However, the Pacers have looked bad for an extended period of time now. We're not just talking about a couple bad weeks of hitting a lull. This is a month of bad basketball and for 2+ months, they haven't resembled the team that started the season playing such great basketball.

The biggest issue I see with them is very simple: the ball sticks. There's wayyyyy too much dribbling and not enough movement without the ball. I felt that they made a bad trade when they brought Evan Turner in. Sure, he can bring them some offense off the bench but he's another guy who needs the ball in his hands. The Pacers offense needs more shooters. I thought they could have kept Granger and gone with a small lineup of Hill-Stephenson-George-Granger-Hibbert. You run your offense through Hibbert in the middle and surround him with 4 guys capable of knocking down a perimeter shot or taking their man off the dribble off a kickout.

This halfcourt offense is a mess right now. It's basically George or Stephenson dribbling at the top of the key and the other 4 guys standing around. Vogel has some work to do. You can sharpen up your ball movement with some good practices so this is something that can be turned around. Still, I think they are in some serious danger.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Haha please did you really mention the hawks hahah come on bro

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
    Haha please did you really mention the hawks hahah come on bro

Glad that's what you got out of that post.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Been unsure about this team for a month or so now.

Having a true point would help with the ball movement too. I remember someone saying they should have traded for Rondo.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20370

I think Hibbert just made some comment in the media about how there are too many "selfish dudes" on the team who don't want to pass. Sounds like trouble in Pacer land.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

They might not win a single game anymore. And besides, every potential playoff would easily beat them.

nelsonrc24
    nelsonrc24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1089

I cant stop laughing. These guys might not even win 1 more game but they beat the Heat!! Thats what matters for them, apparently. After watching this i wouldnt be surprised if they get kicked out of the 1st round in 6 games

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

This team is so mentally weak. I can't wait to see these series prices which will tell the tale.

farmhouse1

I blame the Evan turner trade. After that they went straight downwards fast

farmhouse1

That's what the magic did wih Howard and it took them all the way to the finals. Play through Howard in the middle and had shooters all around with Lewis/turkaglu/Nelson and whoever the hell else was on that team. I heard the pacers announcer even yell at the team for just standing around. I agree pacers don't move well with out the ball, all spurs did was zone up the ball handler and force them into terrible shots which the pacers kept doing. They settle to much and don't move without the ball enough is what I noticed tonight also paul George has been terrible. The guy settles for too many contest fade away jumpers when he should be attacking the rim more. He definitely needs to work on his offensive game a lot. Their second unit they had on the court was laughable I couldn't recognize half of them and George hill is awful they really need a point guard. I heard they wanted to trade for rondo which I don't know why they didn't. That dumb ass is rotting away on that shit ass celtics team when he should be contending for a title.

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

The Pacers suck

Their own crowd cheered for Ayers as he scored for my Spurs. The Pacers suck and yep they are in trouble!!! Ayers use to play for the Pacers. Their crowd even sucks. How can you boo your team who has only lost 5 games at home all year? That is truly pathetic much like the democrappy's that think they can run our country!

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

The commentator did say something about them just standing around lol. Definitely heard lots of "booos" in the 4th.

mr1sparkle
    mr1sparkle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Pacers are screwed. They cant win on the road. They're gonna have trouble getting pass the first round tbh. They are no way the favourite going into the ECF if playoff starts today. Brooklyn/ chicago/ toronto have good shot going in.

damn i wanted to go with spurs last night but was so thrown off with everyone going with pacers +4.5 cause of stats like 33-4 at home, top 5 defensive team in league, playoff motivation.
    Last edited by mr1sparkle; 03-31-14 at 10:57 PM.

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Putting 10 bucks on them to win the eastern conference feels like the biggest of money in my life!! Wow they are pathetic these pacers.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

very bad trade in Granger/Turner..

it was a desperation move, when it was "completely UN-necessary".. wow..
    they were on top of the NBA...*

then they went and got Bynum.. (why?) dude is bad news since leaving LA..
    i think Kobe ruined his head, made him hate basketball..

then another bad deal with Granger trade

"IF IT AIN'T BROKE..."

what's the rest of this saying?

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    ...Trouble as in they are going to struggle to make it to the Eastern Conference Finals. Whether they play Charlotte, Atlanta, the Knicks, or even Cleveland in the first round, it's not going to be a sweep.

The real trouble comes in the second round if they face the Nets or the Bulls. I think the Nets would beat Chicago in a 7 game first round series but both teams are capable of beating the Pacers as it stands right now.

I try not to overreact to the NBA regular season. You really need to take the regular season with a grain of salt in this league. However, the Pacers have looked bad for an extended period of time now. We're not just talking about a couple bad weeks of hitting a lull. This is a month of bad basketball and for 2+ months, they haven't resembled the team that started the season playing such great basketball.

The biggest issue I see with them is very simple: the ball sticks. There's wayyyyy too much dribbling and not enough movement without the ball. I felt that they made a bad trade when they brought Evan Turner in. Sure, he can bring them some offense off the bench but he's another guy who needs the ball in his hands. The Pacers offense needs more shooters. I thought they could have kept Granger and gone with a small lineup of Hill-Stephenson-George-Granger-Hibbert. You run your offense through Hibbert in the middle and surround him with 4 guys capable of knocking down a perimeter shot or taking their man off the dribble off a kickout.

This halfcourt offense is a mess right now. It's basically George or Stephenson dribbling at the top of the key and the other 4 guys standing around. Vogel has some work to do. You can sharpen up your ball movement with some good practices so this is something that can be turned around. Still, I think they are in some serious danger.
    Nice narrative, all true. The Indy Fakers suck. They aren't going anywhere. Half these people making comments bet on the fakers last night, now they are laughing ???? Please...

dmitean
    dmitean's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3106

I think that Pacers made a huge mistake trading Granger. He was team's star for many years, but he adjusted admirably to his role as a 6th player and lately started playing well.
    He also a leader in a locker room and Pacers guys said they were shocked by this trade.
    Turner really doesn't fit in to the system and while he is trying to learn, he doesn't have much to do that, before playoffs start.

There is a reason why Sixers tried to trade him long before this season and their decision to tank...

I honesly believe that if you got something that works, you better stay with what you got or think twice before doing any trade. I didn't see much upside in Turner - Granger trade, even if everything worked out as Pacers hope it will, so why risk it?

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by dmitean View Post
    I think that Pacers made a huge mistake trading Granger. He was team's star for many years, but he adjusted admirably to his role as a 6th player and lately started playing well.
    He also a leader in a locker room and Pacers guys said they were shocked by this trade.
    Turner really doesn't fit in to the system and while he is trying to learn, he doesn't have much to do that, before playoffs start.

There is a reason why Sixers tried to trade him long before this season and their decision to tank...

I honesly believe that if you got something that works, you better stay with what you got or think twice before doing any trade. I didn't see much upside in Turner - Granger trade, even if everything worked out as Pacers hope it will, so why risk it?
    Bingo.