SportsTerminator
    SportsTerminator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

Ron Artest admits to drinking during games

"Lakers forward Ron Artest admits he used to drink alcohol during games while he was on the Bulls.
    "I used to drink Hennessy ... at halftime," said Artest, who played with the Bulls from 1999-2002. "I (kept it) in my locker. I'd just walk to the liquor store (near the stadium) and get it.""

Manny being... Manny, Ocho Cinco being... Ocho Cinco, and Artest being Artest...

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

No wonder he went mental and started wailing on folks in the stands that one game. He was on the sauce!

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Getting rid of Ariza for him was foolish.

SportsTerminator
    SportsTerminator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

It would be funny if David Stern fined him for this... 7 years later.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by SportsTerminator View Post
    It would be funny if David Stern fined him for this... 7 years later.
    I would.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

What an idiot. He is one of my favorite players, but ever since he stepped into Hollywood his mouth has not stopped running. I think he is just trying to gain any attention he can get, b/c his game on the court is looking avg. This is an example of when "keeping it real goes wrong."

LOCK of the Century

Ron Artest will have a Reality TV show. It will be called "Keepin it Real with 'Test," and air on BET.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

I'm with Jim Rome, I want to hear one of these a day, you know Ron-Ron has a ton of these stories. Its almost as good as tha table leg gettin broken of and thrown into the heart of one of his team-mates in the hood.

maseda17
    maseda17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

How did this statement come out, was he asked about this type of topic? It just seems senseless to say this but it is Artest.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Artest came to LA to get a ring. Barring injury he will get it.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Artest came to LA to get a ring. Barring injury he will get it.
    Indeed he will as a result of hard work by Bryant, Gasol, and Bynum. Coming into this season I dodn't think the Lakers ould repeat but come finals they are gonna be insane on defense, and they got plenty of O.

BadBeatBodog
    BadBeatBodog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    b/c his game on the court is looking avg."
    Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post

Indeed he will as a result of hard work by Bryant, Gasol, and Bynum. .
    Probably not a good idea to let what your eyes see get in the way of what is actually happening. Artest is the Lakers' best defensive player and arguably second most important piece of the team.

http://www.82games.com/0910/0910LAL.HTM

lakerboy

Nice post above. Artest is slowly working his way into the system. Dont forget it takes time to figure out how that offense works. He will be huge in the playoffs.

k22t
    Nationals to win the World Series +800
    k22t's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow is that guy kidding me??? No wonder he was such a wig-out

BadBeatBodog

Forgot to mention he is regularly guarding good to great scorers so his points and eFG% against are even more impressive.

Also, if you go to that link look at the left hand of the page and click on '5-Man Units.' Admittedly it's a much smaller sample size and the opponents faced aren't impressive (vs. CHI, vs. OKC, vs. NYK, @ GSW, vs. NJN; good timing for him to come back!) but the five-man unit with Gasol instead of Odom is scary impressive.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Ron Artest once saw a friend get killed by getting stabbed in the heart by the leg of a table. Outside while playing basketball somewhere. Thats probably why he's so crazy

pattymayo

pattymayo

LOL excuse those two extra posts. I suck at this

johnnymapalo
    johnnymapalo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 928

Man, this is ole news. Who didn't know this already?? I'm in Florida and I already knew that years ago. Sh!t, Elton Brand, Tyson Chandler and the other youths on Chicago in those days used to blaze hard. They would drink and smoke weed before, during and after the games. Who didn't know this??

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by BadBeatBodog View Post
    Probably not a good idea to let what your eyes see get in the way of what is actually happening. Artest is the Lakers' best defensive player and arguably second most important piece of the team.

http://www.82games.com/0910/0910LAL.HTM
    Actually Kobe is the best defender on the team and I would piece Bryant, Gasol, Bynum, in that order of importance before Ron-Ron.

lakerboy

Actually Kobe is the best defender on the team and I would piece Bryant, Gasol, Bynum, in that order of importance before Ron-Ron.
    Kobe is the best defender on the team that is for sure. When they play the Nuggets who will the guy to guard Melo?

julio_cat
    julio_cat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Well, one more fot him as a person, but as a athlete he is pretty good.
    IMO he shouldn't be suspended unless they catch him this season

BadBeatBodog

Did you even look at the link? Your opinion means nothing. I'll take the facts. Gasol is a better player than Artest but having Odom makes Gasol more expendable than Artest.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by BadBeatBodog View Post
    Probably not a good idea to let what your eyes see get in the way of what is actually happening. Artest is the Lakers' best defensive player and arguably second most important piece of the team. http://www.82games.com/0910/0910LAL.HTM
    I understand the fact that your eyes can fool you, but I see him not guarding the teams best perimeter player game after game. This has been documented, by writers(Bill Simmons) & inside reporters(Ric Bucher). Kobe still has that distinction as the teams best defender. Also Lamar is a close second b/c of his versatility. Artest was brought for toughness, defense, and to hit open shots. He is giving them 2/3, as the positions Ariza was able to guard, Artest no longer is effective.

I know the Triangle takes a while to grasp. Also he is in a new situation, since he is no longer counted on to be main scorer. I'm one of his biggest supporters, but his new aim at being a celebrity just isnt the Artest I knew B4.