imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rockets -2 AGAIN?? Lakers play no defense and are confused.

Would love for this to be a discussion thread with NBA cappers here..

Hate playing all this road chalk but Rockets -2 might be a good play. Lakers are playing bad team ball. Even though they won all those games it was because of Kobe. Lakers rely on Kobe too much and the Rockets play great defense and will almost inevitably have a good game plan for Kobe..

Look at the Lakers the last 2 weeks, if Kobe doesn't have a superior game they lose, he scores 60 points and the ****ing team still only wins by 2 against shit nonetheless

Lakers are shit now, no chemistry, no path, nothing.. Rockets see that the Jazz are playing the Spurs tomorrow and a win on Friday will help them pick up a much needed game on them..

Yao-TMac and co is a tough mother****er..

Rockets seem like the play.. Lakers simply are no good and worth betting against still they have covered one game in their last 10 I believe..

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I think the over may be the best way to play this game.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

For what it's worth, I like this play & had it on my radar for a possible play.
    That was huge for HOU to go to LAC & come out with the win....what with LAC playing very well right now.

People will give the whole "LAL will be pissed after getting the beatdown by the GRIZZ", but being pissed won't get them a win vs HOU.

I'm sure P2M & I will be discussing this one. I'm sure he'll have some better analysis than I could type up....LOL....that guy types up some good stuff.....ie; "HAMMER THE NETS-6".

GL on Friday!

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I think Houston probably the way to go here.

I rate Houston about 5pts better than LA, so the line is reasonable.

Houston destroyed the Lakers at home in January winning by 25 as a 5pt favorite without Yao and with McGrady only scoring 8pts. This came after two wins in 4 days for LA home/away in December.

I'd think the Lakers would give a better showing here after the last game, but Houston may also want to even the season series. With Houston coming off a win against the Clippers and the Lakers having lost to Memphis, Houston clearly has the momentum.

Lakers are also 2-13-1 ATS at home their last 16, while Houston is 21-15 ATS on the road this year

The Rockets also have the advantage of having played at Staples last night, thus they didn't have to travel between games -- as such giving the lakers a full 3pts for home court may not be appropriate.

imgv94

Tell P2M whats up!!

LargeMouthBass
    LargeMouthBass's Avatar Become A Pro!

I kinda wish the Lakers won against the Grizzlies. The Lakers would have been the favorite for this game, but I still like Houston giving 2 points.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    Tell P2M whats up!!
    Hey im,
    I'm throwin down on this for a small play, but P2M doesn't like the play so he's off of this for now.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by LargeMouthBass View Post
    I kinda wish the Lakers won against the Grizzlies. The Lakers would have been the favorite for this game, but I still like Houston giving 2 points.
    The lakers would not have been the favorite in this game under any cirumstance. Losing one game, even to memphis, isn't going to affect a line like that.

LargeMouthBass

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    The lakers would not have been the favorite in this game under any cirumstance. Losing one game, even to memphis, isn't going to affect a line like that.
    Trust me, if the Lakers had a 6 game winning streak going, they woulda been the favorite. Not by much but still a favorite. Lakers at home woulda been 24-11 and the Rockets away being 20-16, most likely the Lakers woulda been favored by a point or two. Regardless, I'm leaning towards Houston for tomorrow.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

I realize that Houston did not have to travel since they were in LA to play the Clips, but I just don't really like a play on them... I mean don't get me wrong, the Rockets are fully capable of winning this game tomorrow, but the Lakers are gonna be pissed after their terrible outing against Memphis last night...

I think the Lake Show will come out and play some good ball tomorrow night... I mean they were on a pretty solid winning streak after being in the dumps! I think the Lakers win tomorrow night... Just my 2 cents though

Best of luck with this one though guys!

IMGV, hit me up on AOL Instant Messenger man... I sent u a PM with my screen name...

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Admittedly, I don't know a lot about the NBA (I know Kobe, Smush, and Odom, not sure I can name anyone else who plays for the Lakers. Maybe Chris Mihm? Oh and that young kid, what's his name? Byron or Bynum or something. I like how he's played the couple times I watched him), but GV, if you watched that game the other night, I don't think you'd want to play the Rockets here. They were really unimpressive to me. I would be shocked if they won more than two games against Utah in the first round.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The total seems quite high, considering how anemic the Rockets offense is and how well they D up.

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

I remember when you played houston a few days ago, I played the first half, they both cashed. So I'll take the 1st half again tonight -1. f\*\*k it, lets gamble.

Just a small footnote:
    I've played the grizzles 1st half for the last 3 games they played, all winners. They are getting + 4 1/2 tonight against the sonics. Grizzles seem to be heating up and playing mildly impressive D. Just a thought.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by JBC77 View Post
    I remember when you played houston a few days ago, I played the first half, they both cashed. So I'll take the 1st half again tonight -1. f\*\*k it, lets gamble.

Just a small footnote:
    I've played the grizzles 1st half for the last 3 games they played, all winners. They are getting + 4 1/2 tonight against the sonics. Grizzles seem to be heating up and playing mildly impressive D. Just a thought.
    memphis is just going back to their old style of play which I like a lot better than them trying to be a phoenix suns team. When they D up vs run and gun the games are usually close also if the oddsmakers haven't adjusted could probably score on some under plays with them as well.

Sorry IMG but
    lakers +2 for me

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I think the Rockets will win by 5 to 10 points. I think the Rockets -2.5 is like taking candy from a baby. We'll see.

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Admittedly, I don't know a lot about the NBA (I know Kobe, Smush, and Odom, not sure I can name anyone else who plays for the Lakers. Maybe Chris Mihm? Oh and that young kid, what's his name? Byron or Bynum or something. I like how he's played the couple times I watched him), but GV, if you watched that game the other night, I don't think you'd want to play the Rockets here. They were really unimpressive to me. I would be shocked if they won more than two games against Utah in the first round.
    This is not really a pro-Rockets bet as it's an anti-Lakers wager..

Lakers are pathetic..

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

Kobe is the best player in the NBA, nobody can take over like he can. Problem is he can do it all the time, like we saw against Memphis.
    What we need tonight is for Kobe to take shots and miss, he may try to move the ball around a bit tonight.

dodif
    dodif's Avatar Become A Pro!

on it img

good reasoning

a one man show doesnt usually work against the rockets d

and this time of the year is about playing for something. further, one team has proven they are the better team over the long haul this season so -2 in this given scenario is a solid bet. thanks

LargeMouthBass

Not a good night for me, barely went 1-2 thanks to the Rockets. I love the Rockets and the Warriors!!!!! They have been covering for me lately, hope that continues...