No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Why do the Sixers even bother?

Is this how the rest of the season is going to be? Losing by 30-40 every single night?

How can these guys consciously cash their paychecks playing like this?

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

bro, they have a plan for the future and are executing it. most of these sixers won't even be on a future nba team.

LosDoyers
    LosDoyers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 262

Because the GM and owner specifically built this roster on purpose?

TwoWays

great plan by the sixers, and i'm being serious. fck being an average team. they are doing it the right way by achieving cap flexibility and stocking draft picks.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    bro, they have a plan for the future and are executing it. most of these sixers won't even be on a future nba team.
    I get the tanking. Don't personally agree with it, but whatever.

Do they have to show zero effort as well though? Lack of talent will lose games, but lack of heart and hustle as well gets you pummeled.

Ro0k
    Ro0k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2492

What's worse is they're coming back because Dallas takes care of the ball worse than they do. Only down 8 now, haha.

EDIT: back to 13

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

Tanking for the lottery. No problem with it. I just feel bad for Danny Granger. He goes from one of the best teams, to one of the worst.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

great plan by the sixers, and i'm being serious. fck being an average team. they are doing it the right way by achieving cap flexibility and stocking draft picks.
    Draft picks for what/who? I don't see any college basketball player that's going to be an immediate difference-maker in the NBA.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Draft picks for what/who? I don't see any college basketball player that's going to be an immediate difference-maker in the NBA.
    I guess we see this upcoming draft much differently. It's deep for one, but there should be at least 4 or 5 all-stars that come from this draft.

I don't care what people say, Parker will be a stud.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

they cant even defend

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

You don't think a roster of say MCW, Gary Harris, Parker, Young, Noel is appealing in a couple of years?

TwoWays

and they can sign max players in free agency the end of next season. sixers are set for a bright future.

KRIT

and they can sign max players in free agency the end of next season. sixers are set for a bright future.
    That is the key, they'll have a ton of money, because all their best players will be on their rookie contract. I'm going to guess they'll try to make a run at a big FA this offseason or next.

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10442

I think it will be real difficult to draw a big name FA. No vet will really want to play with all these rookies and 2nd yr guys. Being my favorite team, I hope they can atleast get some sort of piece in FA. Like a solid 6th man or someone that can hit it from behind the arc.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    I think it will be real difficult to draw a big name FA. No vet will really want to play with all these rookies and 2nd yr guys. Being my favorite team, I hope they can atleast get some sort of piece in FA. Like a solid 6th man or someone that can hit it from behind the arc.
    It's Philadelphia though. Big market, and it is a franchise with history. FA's will come to Philly. It's not like it is Milwaukee or Sacramento.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    You don't think a roster of say MCW, Gary Harris, Parker, Young, Noel is appealing in a couple of years?

defintely has nice potential and a nice ring to it if the draft falls the way they would like.

center noel or embiid
    power foward t. young or julius randle
    small forward wiggins assuming parker goes 1
    shooting guard marcus smart/ gary harris either or
    point guard mcw

they currently have 1 great chip in mcw
    an un known who can be solid in noel

2 lottos

alot to like if i was an fa

bench: maybe granger turns it around
    plus they have 5 second round picks.. i know its not like the nfl.. but with 5 picks they can make deals and move around maybe stash some euros and if 1 or 2 hits its a score.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    I guess we see this upcoming draft much differently. It's deep for one, but there should be at least 4 or 5 all-stars that come from this draft.

I don't care what people say, Parker will be a stud.
    Aside from Parker, who else are you seeing as a bona fide future NBA star?

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

They are a pathetic team this year. LOL

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Wiggins- the nba game will be more wide open for him more his style

Emiid

Randle

Young- im a fan

smart

lot of star potential in this draft

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Don't sleep on Exum. I love Payne and Hood as sleepers too. Especially with Payne and the new era of 3 pt shooting in the nba. Perfect stretch big

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    Wiggins- the nba game will be more wide open for him more his style

Emiid

Randle

Young- im a fan

smart

lot of star potential in this draft
    All good college players, and undoubtedly will play in the NBA. Just not sold on their "star" potential -- i.e., franchise-building picks.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Don't sleep on Exum. I love Payne and Hood as sleepers too. Especially with Payne and the new era of 3 pt shooting in the nba
    Payne and McDermott will make some NBA franchises very happy.

KRIT

I think Randle will be a beast. He's putting up great numbers at Kentucky and isn't even playing with a real PG. He has an NBA body and low post game, I expect him to make an impact immediately.

Wiggins will be good, not sure if he will live up to the hype as the next best thing, but he will be an all star at some point.

Not a huge Marcus Smart fan, but he has an NBA body and plays defense. I think with some maturity he will be a good player, similar style to Oladipo who is having a great year.

McDermott will be solid if not a great scorer in the NBA. Gary Harris will be good as a NBA SG. I think Rodney Hood could be a good scorer in the NBA. He can shoot, one thing NBA teams always want, he may need to bulk up a little to guard NBA SFs though. Also really like Grant out of Cuse.

Then plenty of upside in later round picks like TJ Warren, CJ Wilcox, Jabari Brown, Kyle Anderson, Jahii Carson, Jordan Clarkson, etc.

Maybe I'm giving into the hype too much, but I see a strong draft class.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    I think Randle will be a beast. He's putting up great numbers at Kentucky and isn't even playing with a real PG. He has an NBA body and low post game, I expect him to make an impact immediately.

Wiggins will be good, not sure if he will live up to the hype as the next best thing, but he will be an all star at some point.

Not a huge Marcus Smart fan, but he has an NBA body and plays defense. I think with some maturity he will be a good player, similar style to Oladipo who is having a great year.

McDermott will be solid if not a great scorer in the NBA. Gary Harris will be good as a NBA SG. I think Rodney Hood could be a good scorer in the NBA. He can shoot, one thing NBA teams always want, he may need to bulk up a little to guard NBA SFs though. Also really like Grant out of Cuse.

Then plenty of upside in later round picks like TJ Warren, CJ Wilcox, Jabari Brown, Kyle Anderson, Jahii Carson, Jordan Clarkson, etc.

Maybe I'm giving into the hype too much, but I see a strong draft class.
    I agree it's a strong, deep class, but I don't really see anyone who is all-out tank worthy. Again, I think Parker and Randle are going to be very good, Wiggins will be solid, and some others will work out well, but I'm just not seeing any sure-fire all-stars -- at least not in the immediate future.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I love what the Sixers are doing. Honestly could not be happier.

panik
    panik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3139

The Sixers already beaten the spread for the year.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Wow.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

This is too funny, makes me mad that these guys are getting paid a tonne to go out their and stand around though. Surprised the crowd didn't boo them off at half time because they deserved it, it's like they don't care either.

KRIT

Lol down 30 to the Bucks.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Is this how the rest of the season is going to be? Losing by 30-40 every single night?

How can these guys consciously cash their paychecks playing like this?
    Coin this is what they're being paid to do man. You cant get blown out by 30 by the BUCKS i repeat the BUCKS without trying. I've gotta hand it to them, they're the best team i've ever seen at tanking i mean give credit where credits do. It's all for nothing tho because the lottery is fixed and the lakers WILL get that #1 pick and who ever doesnt beleave that is either an idiot or doesnt know basketball.

BigPage25
    BigPage25's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel bad for anyone that took that sixers futures bet over 16.5 wins… Their not winning a single game the rest of the year and will finish with 15…. That right their gotta make you feel like crap if you bet the over