Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

The Portland Trail Blazers (31-10) will have a losing record the rest of the season.

Just giving everyone a thread to bump in case I'm wrong instead of having to dig up posts in other people's threads.

I have not been sold on this team being elite for quite some time. I just don't think it's possible to go from not making the playoffs to elite status just by adding Robin Lopez and Mo Williams. Sure their bench is a bit better than last year but it's still one of the worst amongst the good teams in the West.

They are a team for the future for sure. Lillard is scary good in the clutch. I'm not a big Aldridge guy but he has taken his game to another level this year especially from a leaderhsip standpoint and competing more. Averaging a career high in boards and by quite some margin.

There is just a process to go through. OKC had to go through it the first year they went from mediocre to good they did not all of a sudden become a contender.

Not quite sure about how they will fare in the playoffs, it will depend on matchups. I doubt they win more than 1 round though, if that.

Obviously somewhat of a long shot but we'll see.

CHIB
    CHIB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

If they go 20-21, they're still in the playoffs @ 51-31. I think you're confusing the regular season with what really matters, the playoffs. Teams like the Trail Blazers wear themselves out throughout the year and then that extra stretch comes in the playoffs and thats when they're youthful legs come into question. I think the blazers will not fall out of the top 4 in the west but unfortunately they make a early exit in the playoffs depending on the matchup.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by CHIB View Post
    If they go 20-21, they're still in the playoffs @ 51-31. I think you're confusing the regular season with what really matters, the playoffs. Teams like the Trail Blazers wear themselves out throughout the year and then that extra stretch comes in the playoffs and thats when they're youthful legs come into question. I think the blazers will not fall out of the top 4 in the west but unfortunately they make a early exit in the playoffs depending on the matchup.
    When did I say they would not make the playoffs?

They are in. 6 seed at least. I think most likely n°5. They will avoid san antonio and okc in the 1st round so they will have a shot to win a 1st round series too. they are not winning a 2nd round series though.

And yes it all depends on matchups.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

they want to show aldridge he made the right decision by not leaving. agree their bench is weak, but they are enjoying winning, and aldridge was thinking about leaving and now he's experiencing what it's like to win
    -wes mathews (key to the team)
    -damien lillard
    -lamarcus aldridge
    -nick batum

playoffs different story of course

JustSomeCash
    JustSomeCash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1143

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Just giving everyone a thread to bump in case I'm wrong instead of having to dig up posts in other people's threads.

I have not been sold on this team being elite for quite some time. I just don't think it's possible to go from not making the playoffs to elite status just by adding Robin Lopez and Mo Williams. Sure their bench is a bit better than last year but it's still one of the worst amongst the good teams in the West.

They are a team for the future for sure. Lillard is scary good in the clutch. I'm not a big Aldridge guy but he has taken his game to another level this year especially from a leaderhsip standpoint and competing more. Averaging a career high in boards and by quite some margin.

There is just a process to go through. OKC had to go through it the first year they went from mediocre to good they did not all of a sudden become a contender.

Not quite sure about how they will fare in the playoffs, it will depend on matchups. I doubt they win more than 1 round though, if that.

Obviously somewhat of a long shot but we'll see.

Good point,right now they made a nice run after half season,but we cant forget that some games they were so lucky to get out with the win,they easily could be with 27-14 record.
    They are a good team but they still have more to improve, they are still not at the same level of teams like Spurs\OKC.

CHIB
    CHIB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

When did I say they would not make the playoffs?

They are in. 6 seed at least. I think most likely n°5. They will avoid san antonio and okc in the 1st round so they will have a shot to win a 1st round series too. they are not winning a 2nd round series though.

And yes it all depends on matchups.
    I wasn't trying to trash your post just sharing what I thought. I don't think they will play to the level they have been at but I think they'll do enough to be one of the top 4 teams at the end of the regular season and I think they'll have to win atleast roughly 60 percent of their games which would put them around a 55 win season.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by CHIB View Post
    I wasn't trying to trash your post just sharing what I thought. I don't think they will play to the level they have been at but I think they'll do enough to be one of the top 4 teams at the end of the regular season and I think they'll have to win atleast roughly 60 percent of their games which would put them around a 55 win season.
    Ok fair enough.

You can bash it it's fine, these types of threads are made to be bashed. It's all in good fun

Gonna be a great playoffs in the West.

lunch
    lunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 377

Wes Matthews! Im slowly becoming a believer

Seto

5-7 since I made the thread. 5-8 their last 13.

This could just be a rough stretch and I'm still asking for a lot in a losing record but hey, who knows.

pepero428
    pepero428's Avatar Become A Pro!

5-7 since I made the thread. 5-8 their last 13.

This could just be a rough stretch and I'm still asking for a lot in a losing record but hey, who knows.
    yup never know they have cooled off considerably since their hot start

pepero428
    pepero428's Avatar Become A Pro!

hah these blazers fading fast

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

If Aldridge doesn't miss more than 10 games you're wrong. The Lillard Aldridge combo really is something special, and I think they'll be in the wcf and lose to OKC.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

I'm not a believer either

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Jikos View Post
    If Aldridge doesn't miss more than 10 games you're wrong. The Lillard Aldridge combo really is something special, and I think they'll be in the wcf and lose to OKC.
    You said they had an excellent chance to be a top 2 seed. How was that working out even before LMA went down?

Yeah obviously I could still "lose" this thread but I was calling a 31-10 team to go 20-21 at best, it was a long shot type call but I did believe in it.

And Blazers are the last team that can bitch about injuries given how healthy they've been all year. If they'd had the same amount of injuries as some of the top teams (LAC, OKC, SA), they maybe would not even be in the playoff spots.

Seto

This thread is gonna be an epic failure. Rest of the schedule for Portland is pretty easy.

Oh well. At least I didn't lose any money on it.

At least my guarantee they won't be a top 2 seed should hold true on the other hand.