YoungMikeyC
    YoungMikeyC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

5-0 over the last 2 days. Looking to keep the streak going tonight.

Wednesday
    Portland -12.5 vs Orlando
    SDSU -3 1H vs Boise

Thursday
    OKC/Denver Under -210.5
    Arizona -1.5 @ UCLA
    Iowa -10.5 1H vs Northwestern

I'm new to the forum. I'm not quite sure how to keep a spreadsheet of my plays on here. I play through 5dimes & could always screenshot my past wagers for anyone who would like proof. I have a few leans for today, strictly NBA. Will post the plays a little later in the day.

YoungMikeyC

Friday Leans
    Cleveland/Utah Over -192.5
    Lakers +6.5 1H @ Clippers
    Miami -2.5 1H @ Brooklyn

Will have a write-up for each to come.

YoungMikeyC

Cleveland/Utah Over -192.5

This was the first game that caught my eye. Playing in Utah in general is never an easy task. Regardless how the team is doing at that moment, they are a team that always has a strong backing at home. I like the guard match-up in this game. Kyrie has made his statement in the NBA as a premier point guard, and Trey Burke is a rookie, up & coming point guard finding his groove. Neither being true lock down defenders, and both with the ability to create shots I feel they go at each other tonight in an eventful way. Kyrie missed 3 games before returning and going for 16 in his last outing, I think he tops that tonight. The addition of Luol Deng is definitely a benefit, so far averaging career highs in points and assists this season. Hayward for the Jazz has been their best player by far. CJ Miles doesn't pose as a big defensive threat for Hayward, and Miles has been shooting the ball tremendously better since the New Year. With enough players on both teams that can put the ball in the basket tonight, I think the over is money. Not to mention both teams not having played since Tuesday.

YoungMikeyC

Lakers +6.5 1H @ Clippers

Lakers-Clippers. That says a lot on itself. Let's just be honest, the Lakers are a bunch of role players holding down one of the most historic organizations in the NBA. Plain and simple. The Clippers run LA now & that is clearly known on both side of that Staples Center. With the Lakers having a real down year I think this game speaks volumes for them as a team. They're young, they're energetic & they seem like a fun bunch of guys doing the best that they can with the situation they're in. With the Lakers style of play they start fast. They're a run and gun type of team, but with that also comes the main problem that has plagued them, and that is turn-overs. If they limited their turn-overs they would be in many more games. The Lakers have been an overall good first half team, and a TERRIBLE 3rd quarter team. I think they come out playing inspired basketball tonight. They held a practice yesterday when it was originally a scheduled day off. This game is more about the Lakers then the Clippers. & I'm not just saying that because my money is there! Lol.

YoungMikeyC

Miami -2.5 1H @ Brooklyn

I have a theory for teams on a B2B. That theory is they will either come out firing and slow down in the latter stages when fatigue sets in. Or fatigue sets in from the beginning and remains there the entire game. The fact that Miami lost last night is what makes be to believe my first theory tonight. In some games it does take Miami a little while to get going. Lebron considers them an "old" team. Well, if they're an "old" team than Brooklyn is "ancient". Brooklyn has been playing much better basketball than when it began in the beginning of the season. Injuries have killed their depth chart, with 2 of their stars being sidelined. Joe Johnson is the real only scoring threat to the Heat tonight. Not saying that somebody won't or can't step up tonight, I'm just speaking pre-game. Miami makes up for that let down to the lowly Knicks last night tonight against the Nets. I expect a highlight filled game from the Heat tonight in the Barclays Center.

YoungMikeyC

Any thoughts? I'd like to hear them.

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

Hey man, I like your write-ups and I'm definitely with you on the Miami 1H and CLE/UTH over. Come to think of it, with Gordon Hayward's stellar game against the Thunder, Luol Deng's Cleveland debut, and the first Kyrie/Trey Burke match-up, I'm actually looking forward to this game more than any others tonight, which is weird considering the Jazz are in it. Unfortunately, I'm on Bovada and they have closed this game out already. I agree that the Kyrie/Burke match-up should lead to an exciting, high scoring game and 192 seems super low.

I also think that Miami will come out strong in the first half tonight. With the big 3 healthy, playing well, and probably still upset about yesterday's loss, I expect them to put up some big numbers in the first half. Not too confident they will close out the game well though, so -2.5 1H seems like the better play.

Also, a piece of advice: don't bother posting your pre-sbr record here, as it is basically irrelevant. Just start at 0-0.

GL to you!

YoungMikeyC

I appreciate the advice. That is my record since joining SBR though, I joined Wednesday. Lol. I'm not sure how to do a spreadsheet of all my picks so I just included them in here, but they were posted in other threads. But I am with you on the CLE/UTH game, I think it makes for one of the better games today. Many good players on the floor, and especially that Irving/Burke match-up really catches my interest. I also like to see how Deng fits in with his new team. I like Miami a lot in the 1H as well. Known to be a slow starting team some times, but I just don't see that happening tonight after losing last night.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMikeyC View Post
    Any thoughts? I'd like to hear them.
    people are 0-50,000 when saying they are undefeated last few days and then posting picks and mentioning it. just saying

blstrick5
    blstrick5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

I like your picks. Let that Utah/Cle line keep dropping before you lock it in. Lakers usually play well vs Clips no matter who plays. Heat should jump out to an early lead, especially since they lost. Thinking about taking 1Q and 1H.

YoungMikeyC

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    people are 0-50,000 when saying they are undefeated last few days and then posting picks and mentioning it. just saying
    I'm personally not big on superstitions or past trends you feel have some relevance because they happened to do the same thing I did by posting previous plays. All my plays are merely my own personal opinion. I only posted my previous plays because I don't know how to do a spreadsheet on here. I posted those plays in the 2 prior threads I've posted in since I only joined here Wednesday. But thank you for those odds, hopefully the NBA players don't let that superstition plague them tonight!

YoungMikeyC

Quote Originally Posted by blstrick5 View Post
    I like your picks. Let that Utah/Cle line keep dropping before you lock it in. Lakers usually play well vs Clips no matter who plays. Heat should jump out to an early lead, especially since they lost. Thinking about taking 1Q and 1H.
    I appreciate it. GL tonight on your plays! Heat 1Q & 1H looks good.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Like the picks overall, except maybe utah over: I am just not trusting those two teams to score, I can easily see a <35 point quarter happening between those two; Deng is not a very good offensive player btw. GL buddy.

Z-Fly
    Z-Fly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1803

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMikeyC View Post
    Miami -2.5 1H @ Brooklyn

I have a theory for teams on a B2B. That theory is they will either come out firing and slow down in the latter stages when fatigue sets in. Or fatigue sets in from the beginning and remains there the entire game. The fact that Miami lost last night is what makes be to believe my first theory tonight. In some games it does take Miami a little while to get going. Lebron considers them an "old" team. Well, if they're an "old" team than Brooklyn is "ancient". Brooklyn has been playing much better basketball than when it began in the beginning of the season. Injuries have killed their depth chart, with 2 of their stars being sidelined. Joe Johnson is the real only scoring threat to the Heat tonight. Not saying that somebody won't or can't step up tonight, I'm just speaking pre-game. Miami makes up for that let down to the lowly Knicks last night tonight against the Nets. I expect a highlight filled game from the Heat tonight in the Barclays Center.
    I am going with this one. Thanks for the pick!

YoungMikeyC

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Like the picks overall, except maybe utah over: I am just not trusting those two teams to score, I can easily see a <35 point quarter happening between those two; Deng is not a very good offensive player btw. GL buddy.
    There's always a chance for a let down in a quarter I certainly agree. I just think with the rest & the talent on the floor it's a solid play. & Deng happens to be having his best season of his career this far. Averaging 19 pts a game this season.

YoungMikeyC

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    I am going with this one. Thanks for the pick!
    Best of luck!

Trep
    Trep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2842

Eh got the over but halves and quarters hard to predict. Liked the logic tho

Gopi-1
    NBA 2009-2010 -- 1-0-0
    Gopi-1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

I always jinx myself when I post my plays, crash and burn all the time...