dirtycash66
    dirtycash66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18610

Sorry for your $1000.00 loss, damn that's a lot money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Think of all the things you could have done with that money. Sorry bro

Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have never understood 2H unders. I believe that in many high scoring (or predicted to be high scoring) games it is the half-time break that slows momentum.

If the 1st and 2nd quarters go over, I usually find that the 3rd quarter under is a solid play. If this hits, then I usually look pretty heavily into the 4th quarter over now that players are adjusted to running the court and shooting again after the break.

I quite often see the pattern of over/over/under/over hitting (this Kings Blazers game for example).

If the 2H is going to go under, it's usually the 3rd quarter that will determine this based on slow pace of play and tired legs.

The possibility of OT or late fouls down the stretch to intentionally send a team to the line in order to stop the clock in a close game in my opinion stacks the odds against 2H unders.

It's a long winded way of saying that I'd much prefer to take just a 3q under if I'm thinking 2H under is the play.
    Points Awarded:

totallypsycho gave Mocknroll 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Shazzadude
    Shazzadude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

It's pretty harsh hating on the OP for this pick after a 38 point third quarter, 89 points in a quarter is just freakish.

Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

^I definitely wasn't hating on him. Apologies OP if that's how it appears. Clearly it's a solid pick with the 38 pt 3q. My comment is more so directed at 2H's in general, and this game highlighted the reasons why I steer clear of 2H unders. Hopefully by sharing the trends I highlighted in my comment (which I also learnt the hard way) OP might have a better shot at getting the books back next time.
    Last edited by Mocknroll; 01-08-14 at 03:01 AM.

flyingcarbs
    flyingcarbs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

Boop
    Last edited by flyingcarbs; 01-08-14 at 03:22 AM.

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by Mocknroll View Post
    I have never understood 2H unders. I believe that in many high scoring (or predicted to be high scoring) games it is the half-time break that slows momentum.

If the 1st and 2nd quarters go over, I usually find that the 3rd quarter under is a solid play. If this hits, then I usually look pretty heavily into the 4th quarter over now that players are adjusted to running the court and shooting again after the break.

I quite often see the pattern of over/over/under/over hitting (this Kings Blazers game for example).

If the 2H is going to go under, it's usually the 3rd quarter that will determine this based on slow pace of play and tired legs.

The possibility of OT or late fouls down the stretch to intentionally send a team to the line in order to stop the clock in a close game in my opinion stacks the odds against 2H unders.

It's a long winded way of saying that I'd much prefer to take just a 3q under if I'm thinking 2H under is the play.
    Sharp post, it's worth a little extra juice in this case to play the quarters separate because what you said I've found to be spot on as well.

Me personally, barring a clearly superior team being down bigger, I'll only play games that are within 6 points going into 4Q.

First 12