SolidAsStone
    SolidAsStone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

If You're Not on the Raptors +5.5 then I Do Not Know What You're Doing!!!!

Raptors +5.5 is just one of those chances that only come around once every couple of weeks. Do not MISS this one ladies and gentleman!

Raptors match up well with the Pacers as well and it isn't on National TV so only the Raptors should excited for this game.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Menses

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

If you bet $ on the Craptors you don't know what you are doing is more like it! Staying away from this gm I agree it may be a "trap" but there is no other viable reason to like them here. I'm not touching this one! Gl

Foxy Dread
    Foxy Dread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

European sportsmodellers/analysts Sportscompiler have the handicap at 5.5 so no value as far as they are concerned.

They have nailed the unders barring a disaster in the Washington game. All the NBA matches are on their website free to view.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

How do you figure the raptors match up well? Their defense is worst from 15-19, where the pacers shoot the best relatively speaking (obv. shoot better from <5 feet, but their % is really high for 15-19 compared to other teams in that same category). Gay has had good games, shooting percentage and all, in previous meetings, and he's not here now. What did I miss?

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

And aside from the Pist-Ons I can't think of a team that shits the bed quicker in the 4th when it really matters. Only angle I see to back the junior high kids here is around 90% of the pub is fading them. I'm doing well enough on bowls today so no need for Vegas play crapshoots lol.

SolidAsStone

Raptors are a way better team than people realize. Their big man Valunciunis or whatever is actually a very decent big man in the NBA and one of the more underated players in the league. Also, Kyle Lowry is also one of the most underrated point guards in the NBA. He is a tough as nails guy and actually is starting to live up to his 1st round draft pick status.

totallypsycho
    totallypsycho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4904

Quote Originally Posted by SolidAsStone View Post
    Raptors are a way better team than people realize. Their big man Valunciunis or whatever is actually a very decent big man in the NBA and one of the more underated players in the league. Also, Kyle Lowry is also one of the most underrated point guards in the NBA. He is a tough as nails guy and actually is starting to live up to his 1st round draft pick status.
    agreed

really wish books woulda done pacers -8 or something so i coulda hit the raptors but i reluctantly passed on this one

took raps +2 instead 2nd half BOL

SolidAsStone

R.P McMurphy this is FARRRR from a crap shoot. The Raptors are probably the most underrated teams in the NBA and for some reason this Forum has ganged up on Rudy Gay like he is so horrible (He does have his flaws I am aware, but if you only read this forum you would think he is a terrible player.) So not only is the public not aware of the Raptors, but clearly this Forum doesn't either and that's why this was a clear pick. Also, the Pacers have been a covering machine so I knew that people would love to take the Pacers today even though there is a decent chance it is a trap game they don't care because the Pacers have covered these so far this season. So that allows the books to make the line -5.0 instead of like -2.0 which is should've been. And I will take that extra +3.5 points on a good, underrated team ALL SEASON LONG! Granted this pick might miss, but this is how you win!

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Rudy Gay plays for the Kings heh

JAnthony
    JAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Rudy Gay plays for the Kings heh
    Was about to ask, does he even know that Gay is out

SolidAsStone

I know that, but I am saying this season everyone ripped on Gay and therefore pushed the overall opinion of the Raptors lower. Honestly I do think that the Raptors play better without him because they play better as a team and so the fact that Gay wasn't with anymore actually made me like it more. And as usual the Public and some on this forum hear a superstar leaves a team and automatically assume the team is worse off. Not sure how they will do in the playoffs though without a go-to scorer, but in the Regular season they will be fine.

SolidAsStone

Yes I obviously know about Rudy Gay I wouldn't have laid 3 units on this game without doing some serious research. Thanks for asking though guys....lol

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Oh I agree Gay lowered the perception of the Raptors but he also left yet people probably thought they were even worse off. That's why you really have to watch the games to get a feel for how good a team really is.

SolidAsStone

Yup I agree Git-Lo. I have watched the Raptors some this year and liked what I saw. That's how I knew to get on this game. I hope it holds up.

SolidAsStone

Raptors win 95-82.

Raptors +5.5 WINNER

Hope everyone was able to get on this game and followed. Raptors are totally underrated even though they probably won't be after this game!

JAnthony
    JAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

You should totally celebrate this!

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Guy called his own shot....the board tried to clown...and now the board has to eat it...LOL....Raptors do not quit...win or loose...

flyingcarbs
    flyingcarbs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

Gj op

SolidAsStone

Yeah I have noticed that on this forum there are people who try to clown people rather than add anything to the discussion. And there is a BIG difference between calling out people who consistently lie about their records and units who deserve to be called out and then on the other hand trying to clown somebody who is just trying to honestly help people out with picks and also be helped out by other good peoples picks on the forums because for some reason making fun of others is enjoyable to them.

And I am not calling out Git-Lo or JAnthony because I think they honestly thought that I though Rudy Gay was playing.

SolidAsStone

But thank you for the support Menses. And also a small observation I want to mention is that it almost makes me feel more comfortable when people don't like a pick I post haha

SolidAsStone

Thanks Carbs. Were you able to take the Raptors tonight?

Shazzadude
    Shazzadude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

Nice one SAS. I really wanted to play this and the ML but I wussed out big time.

SolidAsStone

That feeling of being a little uneasy about a play is actually one of the most powerful tools once you start to realize how to use it properly.

Anyway even if you missed last nights biggest play of the year WINNER I have a strong lean so far for a nice early winner on Hofstra +4.5.

I am still doing my research, but I wanted to let people know ahead of time so they don't miss the game which goes off at 2PM

312's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

the raptors are 8-2 since the rudy gay trade dont sleep on em

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13605

Quote Originally Posted by 312 View Post
    the raptors are 8-2 since the rudy gay trade dont sleep on em
    Was just about to post this. Nice pick.

NJcap
    NJcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 374

anything solid as stone picks for tn?

SolidAsStone

Yup check my thread on the NCAAB forum. (sorry I know that might be a little confusing but I post all my plays over there and sometimes on the ones I REALLY like I be sure to put the NBA in here.) I actually am 4-0 this season in NBA which is funny maybe I should've made it in the NBA forum!

And I have been doing this for a long time so I know 99.5% of people lose betting lots of games because you are constantly getting vigged out. Most don't understand that concept. I don't do this for action I do this to pick WINNERS! I say this because I made my 1 play for today on Hofstra+4.5 and it won. I might have one more play though I am analyzing the Wisconsin vs Northwestern game so check my thread beforehand to see If I make it official. BOL to you NJCap

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

And I have been doing this for a long time so I know 99.5% of people lose betting lots of games because you are constantly getting vigged out. Most don't understand that concept. I don't do this for action I do this to pick WINNERS!

Totally agree. Tougher to do in practice though. "Minimize exposure to the vig!!"

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Check my thread on Celtics/Pelicans in NBA for Friday. Interesting angle.

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Nice play and good for you standing your ground to the forum warriors.

SolidAsStone

Madison sorry if you thought I directed that at you...I didn't mean that directed at you I was just making a General statement sorry for the confusion! And I saw you thoughts that is very interesting and because of you I definitely have that game on my radar

WWCD thank you for the good words and the acknowledgement of the Winner

stuck621
    stuck621's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

winner on Hofstra too! what's the next play SAS?

SolidAsStone

Stuck I only likes the 1 play today on Hofstra. I will post my plays for tomorrow though in my thread over in the NCAAB forum. I sometimes start extra threads like this when I really like a play, but usually I make my posts over in my thread. And thanks for the good thoughts on Hofstra it was interesting how much flak people gave me on that play as well as on the Raptors. I think that tells us something haha