Max Kim
    Max Kim's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any big plays tomorrow?

Are there any early leans for tomorrow I'm on a slump 1-4.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I'm leaning toward VCU +7.5. Also going to take a shot on VCU ML.

bside
    bside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just an observation: The line in that A&M/Louisville game is abnormally low because it is in Lexington. A&M did go into Kansas and get a win. Tomorrow's lines seem really tight to me.

Based on regular season results:
    Pitt line seems a little light
    UNC seems a little high (but it too is essentially a home game)
    OSU seems a little light
    WSU should be favored by more but I think Vandy might win this one

I don't see anything I would consider a big bet.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I like va commonwealth +7.5 over pitt

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love A&M over Louisville.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I love A&M tomorrow

I'm 6-2 on my college plays and losing my ass.. So don't take my advice..

rjt721

I don't see anything I love Saturday, but Southern Illinois (pk) on Sunday will be my biggest play of the year.

bside

rjt721

I don't really follow the Salukis at all but I watched the end of their game yesterday and was not impressed. As a matter of fact I had said to myself I should fade these guys. What is it you like about their matchup on Sunday. I think I even heard one of their best scorers was hurt? Fill me in...

picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    I love A&M tomorrow

I'm 6-2 on my college plays and losing my ass.. So don't take my advice..
    Can you put a better looking and thinner girl as your pic. That one looks like a cow having sex.

dirtyjock
    dirtyjock's Avatar Become A Pro!

GEORGETOWN -8 looks good 2 me GL

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Xavier, Xavier ML, Pitt

bside

Hey Razz - I agree with the Pitt play. But I am still thinking about OSU. When I look at Xavier I see a team who lost to Bama, Cincy, Bucknell, St. Louis, St. Joes, Duquesne, and Rhode Island. There only two wins against good teams were Creighton and Nova. Both who took an early exit yesterday. What is it in this matchup you like? The other A10 team got demolished, I expect the same here.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Vanderbilt Moneyline

bside

well glad you posted your Xavier pick Razz because it at least kept me from pulling the trigger on OSU.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Xavier ML
    Well, at least that wouldn't have paid out well. How about fouling up by 3 with 5 seconds left?

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by bside View Post
    well glad you posted your Xavier pick Razz because it at least kept me from pulling the trigger on OSU.

rjt721

Quote Originally Posted by bside View Post
    rjt721

I don't really follow the Salukis at all but I watched the end of their game yesterday and was not impressed. As a matter of fact I had said to myself I should fade these guys. What is it you like about their matchup on Sunday. I think I even heard one of their best scorers was hurt? Fill me in...
    That's the way SIU plays. They aren't going to blow anyone out. Holy Cross always plays tough in the NCAA tourney and has one of the most underrated coaches in the country in Ralph Willard.

I think this is a terrible matchup for V. Tech. They had no right winning that game yesterday and only advanced thanks to Illinois completely choking down the stretch. If the Hokies had that much trouble with the Illini, I can't see them having a chance against SIU, who plays similar to Illinois, but does everything better. Illinois is a good defensive team, SIU a great defensive team. The Salukis have the perimeter defenders, particularly G Tony Young, to contain Dowdell and an interior presence in Randal Falker to neutralize Deron Washington's athleticism and finishing ability at the rim.

If this game is close at the end, SIU will not have the same problems as Illinois finishing off the Hokies. While they like to slow down the tempo and frustrate their opponent with their lockdown defense, they are fully capable of putting up points. Jamaal Tatum is one of the better scoring guards in the country. Falker is a beast inside and should have a big game against Tech's soft interior defense. Matt Shaw is a terrific perimeter shooter, and Young, who's role is primarily as a defensive stopper, is also capable of a big scoring game--he was first team all conference last year, but has accepted a smaller role offensively and focused more on his defense for the well being of the team.

Basically, I see this game as a complete mismatch. Va. Tech comes from a mediocre ACC this year, and shouldn't be a 5 seed. SIU is a better coached team, has more talent, and I expect them to win by double digits.

bside

Thanks for the detailed analysis rjt.