Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Every Sunday I get a crazy, bad beat.

Clips- 3 for the first half, refs call a three point foul on Blake Griffin with no time left in the half. Clips were up 5 when it happened. Love nails all three for the loss.

lunch
    lunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 377

shut the fuk up

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Clips- 3 for the first half, refs call a three point foul on Blake Griffin with no time left in the half. Clips were up 5 when it happened. Love nails all three for the loss.
    The guy got fouled on a 3 PT attempt and makes 2 FT's before the half, what's the problem here?

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    The guy got fouled on a 3 PT attempt and makes 2 FT's before the half, what's the problem here?
    He made three foul shots with no time left to kill the bet. That's normal?

leetreaper

He made three foul shots with no time left to kill the bet. That's normal?
    Was he fouled before the time ran out?

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    Was he fouled before the time ran out?
    It was called with 0.4 left in the half.

leetreaper

It was called with 0.4 left in the half.
    I feel your pain, happens to me every other game, pretty standard if you bet every day, shake it off...

BB_Mariners
    BB_Mariners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

They didn't call the same foul on CP3 on the end of the OT.

Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

These things happen.

On Friday I had one of my largest bets of the season ($750) on Twolves 1H -3 against the Lakers and an additional $150 on Twolves -2.5/o 105.5 +255.

On the Lakers last possession they're down 4, the ball hits the front of the rim on a missed 3, bounces over KLove and lands in Gasols lap and he makes an easy put back. No biggie. Now I just need the Twolves to score to cover -3.

KMart puts up a pump fake from the 3, takes a step inside the arc and puts up an uncontested gimme. The ball couldn't have been any more in and it popped out. If it goes in the Wolves cover the -3 and the o105.5 hits and I hit $750 at -110 and $150 at +255. It took a near miracle for either of my bets to stand a chance after the first quarter and when that ball popped out I felt like the rug got pulled out from underneath me.

I'm sure plenty of other guys on the board have worse bad beat stories. A late foul and 3 free throws made isn't out of the realms of possibility.

The key is to move on. I still can't believe that bucket didn't drop and I'm not betting another dime until I accept it. This is the frame of mind where bad bets come from.
    Attached Images  

kevin101
    kevin101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mocknroll View Post
    These things happen.

On Friday I had one of my largest bets of the season ($750) on Twolves 1H -3 against the Lakers and an additional $150 on Twolves -2.5/o 105.5 +255.

On the Lakers last possession they're down 4, the ball hits the front of the rim on a missed 3, bounces over KLove and lands in Gasols lap and he makes an easy put back. No biggie. Now I just need the Twolves to score to cover -3.

KMart puts up a pump fake from the 3, takes a step inside the arc and puts up an uncontested gimme. The ball couldn't have been any more in and it popped out. If it goes in the Wolves cover the -3 and the o105.5 hits and I hit $750 at -110 and $150 at +255. It took a near miracle for either of my bets to stand a chance after the first quarter and when that ball popped out I felt like the rug got pulled out from underneath me.

I'm sure plenty of other guys on the board have worse bad beat stories. A late foul and 3 free throws made isn't out of the realms of possibility.

The key is to move on. I still can't believe that bucket didn't drop and I'm not betting another dime until I accept it. This is the frame of mind where bad bets come from.
    Wow wtf that doesn't even make sense how it popped out. Is there any way u can find a clip of it going in and out like a video clip.

brutal.

Mocknroll

Quote Originally Posted by kevin101 View Post
    Wow wtf that doesn't even make sense how it popped out. Is there any way u can find a clip of it going in and out like a video clip.

brutal.
    I took the photo on my phone, and I'm not too sure how to create gifs.

To be honest I'm not really interested in trying to find video of it and reliving that moment. Even talking about it now still hurts. Haha.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Exactly why I avoid betting quarters / halves

Just increased the likelihood of bs going against you

JAnthony
    JAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Speaking of balls rimming out

Mocknroll

Quote Originally Posted by JAnthony View Post
    Speaking of balls rimming out
    This one is definitely worse than KMart's. Yikes.

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by Mocknroll View Post
    These things happen.

i had the Wolves 1h also so I feel your pain but I had the over as well and that over not hitting is mind blowing to me. 61 1q points, they only needed 45 in the second for the cover and of course they fall one bucket short. like you said though, so many 1q and 1h bets come down to the final possession, just gotta take the good with the losses