Philly-Pride33
    Philly-Pride33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Friday night in the park! Chitlins, Challah, and apple sauce Part 1 The Redemption!

Good Morning everybody. I want to first say that I always come back to my thread win or lose in life, however I'll admit last night after the way I got my ass handled to me and lost 59 units, I just couldn't do it. Recap of last night.. I lost 15 units on Bulls ML, and 10 more on the under in that game, add 1 for the juice and that's 26, then made a huge under play for 30 units and we all know how that ended up.. 0-3 on the night and lost 59 units. NBA Record 1-4 - 61.5 units. Here's the way it is for me.. I'm giving it to you all straight because I know you can handle it. I came here full of gusto and glory and I did the same thing when I first waltzed through the red doors at Covers. I come on strong and I get over-confident and then lose all my bets. I won't lie, losing over 60 units in a matter of days really hurts and I did it to myself, I gave up gambling for a whole year, got my life back on track and got back into the pizza business, I saved my dough and took care of my myself and my family..I started betting again this September and I've been doing quite well. I get up early everyday no matter what. I have a routine, I go get fresh bagels from a NY shop based here in Philly and read the paper..yes, some of us still do that, and I start going over my prep work for the games for that night. I live in the Philadelphia area as most of you know and I know all about my teams, well tonight the 76ers host the Brooklyn Nets and I've been basking in the hot sun waiting oh so patiently for this gem of a game. I'm telling you all now, I betting it all on this game! do you remember the last game early this week when they played in NY... I do.. The Nets put up 130 on this young and confused 76ers squad. Tonight's game means everything to me. I'm going to the game as well, only because I knew after that first game I had to be here and because I knew I'd be betting like a beaver on a beach in Bermuda with nothing to do but swim and surf! I'll be back a little later with my all or nothing play! Sammy Sunshine

Philly-Pride33

I failed to mention that before the season me and 2 buddies went to Vegas and put a supranational and substantial amount on the Philadelphia 76ers OVER win total Vegas set at 16.5 They came out like gang busters going 3-0..then things got ugly, they have 7 wins so we need 10 more wins in 56 games, I know we got this but it has to start soon. I'll re-tell a story that defines me as a capper.. I'll set the scene, Philly 2002, cold windy day and I was just getting over a big breakup with my girlfriend of 6 years. The Eagles were having one hell of a year, that was the last year at the Vet, for guys that know what I'm referring to. Anyway, I have a gut feeling the Eagles are going to destroy the much hated Dallas Cowboys in week 17 in big D... the line is Eagles -7, I'll never forget it, it was 4 days before Christmas as well, I jumped on that game so big and bold, I was nervous but in my heart already knew what the outcome would be, let's just say the Eagles took apart the Cowboys 27-3 I won my huge bet and sadly the following week they lost on the road to the Giants in overtime on the last regular season game of the year, I bet that game too but thankfully didn't lose that much. So, what I'm saying is tonight could be one of those nights I raise the roof and make it rain!! I might just strut like a prince...

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

Don't be stupid. Chasing losses is a horrible strategy. Going on your feelings will not get you paid. Set some kind of parameters for your bet sizes 1-5 units 1-10 units whatever, but without a little discipline or respect for your hard earned money you can be the best handicapper in the world and you will still lose.

Philly-Pride33

Quote Originally Posted by Jikos View Post
    Don't be stupid. Chasing losses is a horrible strategy. Going on your feelings will not get you paid. Set some kind of parameters for your bet sizes 1-5 units 1-10 units whatever, but without a little discipline or respect for your hard earned money you can be the best handicapper in the world and you will still lose.
    You seem like a decent guy, & I appreciate the advice, but in the future in please be more positive to me, after all I do have special talents and I'm here to help people.

minathomas88
    minathomas88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1315

Quote Originally Posted by Philly-Pride33 View Post
    You seem like a decent guy, & I appreciate the advice, but in the future in please be more positive to me, after all I do have special talents and I'm here to help people.

What special talents? You lost 60 units in a day . U talk too much shit I will put a grand on the opposite of ur bet (assuming Brooklyn-7)

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

You for sure helped me out bigtime last night. You want $$$$$$ fade this clown.

ParlayBricker
    ParlayBricker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Gotta give him credit though, he's a resilient troll. At this rate he'll only be down 2500 units by X-mas.

GT21Megatron

Bulls ML.....If he sold people on that play god help them. Dude is trying to hard. For his sake I hope his pizza is better than his picks

SharpSchaap
    SharpSchaap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Philly-Pride33

Quote Originally Posted by minathomas88 View Post
    What special talents? You lost 60 units in a day . U talk too much shit I will put a grand on the opposite of ur bet (assuming Brooklyn-7)
    You're pretty funny in more ways than one. Please come back after I post my dynamically darling of a play later to fade me, then when the game hits 0.00 please let me know how your humble pie tastes going down

Philly-Pride33

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    You for sure helped me out bigtime last night. You want $$$$$$ fade this clown.
    Hmm. your Dolphins might let you down again this year... my Eagles will hopefully show the league what they're made of! oh and if you really fade me tonight when I'm risking almost my whole bankroll.. I wish u the best

Philly-Pride33

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayBricker View Post
    Gotta give him credit though, he's a resilient troll. At this rate he'll only be down 2500 units by X-mas.
    First off of.. I've been here barely 3 days, Sure I've lost a lot and don't make light of that, but the sun will shine and set on me this night!!!!!!

GT21Megatron

You're pretty funny in more ways than one. Please come back after I post my dynamically darling of a play later to fade me, then when the game hits 0.00 please let me know how your humble pie tastes going down
    I'm up 2Gs fading your stupid units the past two nights. Your write ups are more of trying to convince yourself you know what your doing when in reality you have no clue. The worst part is for the people you actually convinced with your shennanigans which cost them large. Get to the pick already

Philly-Pride33

Bulls ML.....If he sold people on that play god help them. Dude is trying to hard. For his sake I hope his pizza is better than his picks
    Trying hard... My rep precedes myself long time.. Guys know me for years so sorry you thought you had it all figured out..but you don't. My Pizza is top notch and ranked 4th in the city! Back in the day when I had my own shop..( I have 2 partners now) I had the #1 pizzeria in Philly for 2 straight years..

GT21Megatron

Hmm. your Dolphins might let you down again this year... my Eagles will hopefully show the league what they're made of! oh and if you really fade me tonight when I'm risking almost my whole bankroll.. I wish u the best
    What bankroll bro? You've posted nothing but turds. Get off the bath salts

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

This guy sounds like seaweed's ghost. Gets buried day in day out and still thinks he's god's gift to capping. + all the BS storytelling

Philly-Pride33

I'm up 2Gs fading your stupid units the past two nights. Your write ups are more of trying to convince yourself you know what your doing when in reality you have no clue. The worst part is for the people you actually convinced with your shennanigans which cost them large. Get to the pick already
    It's really easy to say you faded me and made a ton.. I don't buy it for a moment.. Prove it! either post your ticket or if u call it in like me, come to my thread and say you're fading me and how much as well...then after the game there won't be any discrepancies

Philly-Pride33

Good Afternoon everybody, Just got home from the Pizzeria, very busy Friday at the shop. This game is a big one for me, I'm going to the game as well, so I'll be posting from the seat with updates. The way I see it this game will be so very different than Monday nights charade. The line is Nets -6 with the total set at 211.5. I have a few core select friends around the country who are in the know as they say.. I've worked very hard and diligently through the years to form these tight- knit friendships..remember it takes time to build these bonds. I do a ton of research for hours at a time and leave no pebble up-rooted to find the answer. The 76ers are in dire straights and management wants to lose to get that vaunted high draft pick. Jason Kidd has no clue IMO how to really coach an NBA team.. The owner was smitten at first blush like a guy who ogles over the hot woman that walks through the door.. Billy King is the 76ers ex GM so I know his know how and trust me he wasn't on board with the hire. The Nets are not a good ball club, sure they have names that we all say recite...but at 9-16, they're highly overrated and I know they were ravished by early season injuries but time will tell how much they improve as the season goes on. Carter Williams returns tonight for Philly, and the Nets are dealing with Garnett who to me will not play tonight and Joe Johnson might be out as well with a personal issue. The line says it all, 6 points to the road fav.. that's 3 baskets.. not much when the last game..oh it was barely 4 nights ago, the Nets killed the Sixers all night long.. I know when to go big and when to go home.. tonight I get to do both.. my play is the Philadelphia 76ers +6 for 75 units and Philadelphia 76ers ML @ + 215 for 25 units. That's all the money I'm able to bet and I had to give the guy a deposit because to be honest..that's over my limit. If I lose I know I'm done for a while but in my heart I feel tonight will be the perfect storm and Sammy Da Bull will be looking out the window glowing like that star way off in the distance! Like a moose that evaded the enemy, I too have ways of walking on water.

GT21Megatron

It's really easy to say you faded me and made a ton.. I don't buy it for a moment.. Prove it! either post your ticket or if u call it in like me, come to my thread and say you're fading me and how much as well...then after the game there won't be any discrepancies
    Its really easy to post short story write ups to make you look like you know what your doing. I faded you on USC...Faded on the UNDER 201.....faded you on Bulls Wednesday. Nets -6 ......Rockets +6....

Philly-Pride33

Just to point out one key thing. Some might say.. this is a home town play.. not so fast.. I will say this.. I'm a true fan since I can imagine, I don't bet against any Philly team, If I feel they're going to lose I move along in my mind and bet another game. I only bet my teams when I KNOW they will win, I never understood the premise or concept of betting your hard earned dough against the team you grew up on and who u love and root for.. it's bad karma and money shouldn't be the deciding factor in life. Good luck to all this prime time night, I know I'll be back in my thread talking about how good it feels to win this much dough and that I did it again! Sammy will walk the white halls here with head held high and chest cavity sticking out!!! p.s. to all those that thought it was cute and smart to fade me.. please don't do it tonight.

Gopi-1
    NBA 2009-2010 -- 1-0-0
    Gopi-1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

I really wish for your sanity's sake you hit this one Sammy.

I've seen to many grown men cry like babies after losing their shirt, and it ain't pretty...

GT21Megatron

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

Sorry man, but sixers are 7points dog for a reason. If they were gonna win ML it would be like -3/-4. BKN has all the size and sixers dont.

Philly-Pride33

Quote Originally Posted by Gopi-1 View Post
    I really wish for your sanity's sake you hit this one Sammy.

I've seen to many grown men cry like babies after losing their shirt, and it ain't pretty...
    I do thank you for the good luck wishes, tonight I'm sure I'm on the right side!

Philly-Pride33

I'll be sure to mention you right after the game in my closing thoughts for the nite.. BTW, don't say I didn't tell you not to fade this capper tonight

Philly-Pride33

Quote Originally Posted by IllyPhilly[DOC] View Post
    Sorry man, but sixers are 7points dog for a reason. If they were gonna win ML it would be like -3/-4. BKN has all the size and sixers dont.
    Doc, we all know Vegas has no idea who's going to win each and every game.. You can't predict how many 3's will be made or how many fouls will be called.. let's be brutally honest.. the "line' isn't a prediction.. it's to evenly disperse the bets so Vegas can collect the juice.. I've been doing this NBA thing for a while and this is the one sport where underdogs can and do win outright all the time, plus 75 units are on the +6 and 25 on the ML.. I got this my friend.

GT21Megatron

I'll be sure to mention you right after the game in my closing thoughts for the nite.. BTW, don't say I didn't tell you not to fade this capper tonight
    I'm done wasting my time with you bro. You can't even pick your own nose let alone cap. You said you got your bankroll on the game and dont even have a bankroll. Your a clown and playing with fake units. Ill take a large supreme easy on the anchoives...
    Last edited by GT21Megatron; 12-20-13 at 03:03 PM.

Philly-Pride33

Just so you all know I don't just sit in a dark room and wait for the winning play to pop into my head..here are some things to consider.. The Nets have 9 whole wins.. out of those 9 only 3 have winning records and of those 3, 2 games were at home. Meanwhile the 7 win 76ers have beat 2 teams with winning records. The 76ers are 1-10 ATS in their last 11 games overall..that changes tonight.. I have this game played out like this.. 76ers take a nice early lead and build on it up until late 3rd quarter, then the Nets make it a game and take the lead, only to have it ripped from their clutches.. Philly makes big shots down the stretch to ice to game.. Oh Yea..this ones going taste good!

GT21Megatron

Doc, we all know Vegas has no idea who's going to win each and every game.. You can't predict how many 3's will be made or how many fouls will be called.. let's be brutally honest.. the "line' isn't a prediction.. it's to evenly disperse the bets so Vegas can collect the juice.. I've been doing this NBA thing for a while and this is the one sport where underdogs can and do win outright all the time, plus 75 units are on the +6 and 25 on the ML.. I got this my friend.
    Vegas has a pretty good idea when they set the lines on what they think the outcome is gonna be. You sound so confident in your posts yet state vegas has no idea what's going to happen. Reality you got no clue either

Philly-Pride33

I'm done wasting my time with you bro. You can't even pick your own nose let alone cap. You said you got your bankroll on the game and dont even have a bankroll. Your a clown and playing with fake units. Ill take a large supreme easy on the anchoives...
    Glad to have you gone from the shuffle this early in my rein here.. Real men can take it and keep showing up day after day! I'll think of you after your fade play dissolves into this air..like a gorilla in the midst, I too can shuck and shake and bake the cakes like Betty crocker did in her heyday!

Philly-Pride33

I'm off to dinner with my wife to our favorite Italian restaurant then the 76ers game. Good luck gentlemen and I'll post later and hope both my plays swoop over the moonlight tonight!! Sammy was in the house

Indy5
    Indy5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

I wonder if his pizza is as shitty as his picks?

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

..like a gorilla in the midst, I too can shuck and shake and bake the cakes like Betty crocker did in her heyday!
    What the hell is that supposed mean?

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

You look like Matt Chord

Gopi-1
    NBA 2009-2010 -- 1-0-0
    Gopi-1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

How's dinner Sammy?

We're getting down the wire, 8:21 left, 76ers up 3. If I have a bet that BIG on this
    game, my ballz would probably start shrinking every freakin second of this game! lol!

123 Last