vegasfred
    vegasfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2581

NBA Picks from Vegas Fred

I'm brand new to this forum. It's nice to see a resource like this for sports bettors everywhere. I'm not sure if this is how to get started, but I'm just gonna stick my NBA picks on this thread. My picks come from a combination of my own professional betting experience and leans from some smart money around town. Hopefully, I can help contribute to this forum in a positive way.

vegasfred

I'm playing Detroit +10 tonight.

wizardt
    wizardt's Avatar Become A Pro!

- Oklahoma City Thunder Team Total U 89 1.87 for Game
    - Golden State Warriors +15.5 1.71 for Game
    - Detroit Pistons +13.5 1.51 for Game
    - Chicago Bulls +2 1.59 for Game
    - Oklahoma City Thunder @ Miami HeatTotal U 185 1.91 for Game
    - Los Angeles Clippers @ New Orleans HornetsTotal U 195 1.91 for Game
    - Toronto Raptors @ Denver NuggetsTotal U 216 1.77 for Game

This is my first betting night, so i play low money for it, i hope most of it will going well...

vegasfred

Good Luck. I have a few pennies on GS, Chicago, and Miami/OKC Under as well.

wizardt
    wizardt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Same to you!

vegasfred

NBA Picks from Vegas Fred 11/18

To be completely out of the game (down 27), the miraculous comeback (Thanks to Phil Jacksons repeated 4th quarter backups routine), then to lose my push from a meaningless three by Kobe el violador. That's baskets for you.

So I start my forum journey here at 0-1.

I have 2 picks for today so far. I may add more as the day goes on.

OKC +12.5
    Charlotte/Philly Under 186

When does OKC begin to command just a little respect? The have won 3 out of 4 including winning straight up AT San Antonio and last night straight up AT Miami. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull off another stunner in Orlando. But even if they don't, getting 12.5!! Ridiculous.

I guess Charlotte fans must be happy for their 91 point OUTBURST on Monday. They'd been averaging 77 the past 3. Problem is, it took a 13 for 21, 31 point performance from Flip Murray to get them there. I'm willing to bet it won't happen again.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welcome Vegas, good luck bud.

iceminers26

Not on any of your plays, I like the Wizards and TWolves 2nite.

vegasfred

Home Dogs. I like your style. If you did that exclusively, you'd probably be up pretty good in the long run.

I like how the Bullets (sorry, I'm originally from DC and we never got on board the whole Wizards thing ) play the Cavs. Always close games ever since they bumped heads in the playoffs a couple of years back.

I don't have a good feel for Minny yet.

vegasfred

NBA Picks for 11/19

OKC almost pulled off the backdoor cover last night but came up a bucket short. At least Cha/Phi hit on the Under making us short some juice at 1 and 1.

Overall 1-2

On a short Slate I'm going with a couple of totals.

Pho/Nor Over 215
    Chi/LAL Under 196

Pho Over is kind of a square play, but I think that you might see the same type of game they had last week (Total 228). That game was on ESPN, this one on TNT. With the bright lights shining for a national audience, I can see CP3 and Stevo putting on a show.

Chi town has had ONE game go over 188 this year, and that was their second game of the season at Boston. The Lakers aren't exactly playing at break neck speed either and are happy to win any style pace of game. Plus, with any Lakers game, you feel like you get an extra 1/2 a quarter advantage when they go on the 6 minute drought with their backups at the start of the fourth.

maseda17
    maseda17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

CP3 won't be playing, but I don't think that detracts much from your point.
    Points Awarded:

vegasfred gave maseda17 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

vegasfred

My bad, CP3 is still out. It'll be the Darren Collison / Bobby Brown show. Nice young legs that can run up and down the court all night.

vegasfred

NBA Picks 11/20

Clearly I picked the wrong time to start my thread. At 1-4 now, I am either great fade material or due for some wins.

Tonigth I will be going with an OVER three pack:

Cleveland/Indiana OVER 200
    Washington/OKC OVER 194.5
    Charlotte/MIL OVER 182

Indiana likes to run, and I don't think it'll take much for the Cavs to follow suit without the Big Cactus clogging up the lane.

Washington seems to have gotten an offensive boost from Antawn Jamisons return. He's just not much of a defender. I expect at least one of these teams to hit the century mark which should be enough in a close contest.

I've made some good money on CHA UNDER the total this year. Though removing a solid ball defender like Raja Bell and replacing him with a proficient scorer seems to have helped their offensive output these last 2 games. Milwaukee won't be afraid to light up the scoreboard with them busting through this short total

vegasfred

2 - 0 - 1 tonight. Looks like I might be getting back on track

Though I can't believe Cle/Ind pushed after they were 38-38 at the end of the first quarter .... oh well, I'll take a winning night wherever I can.

Still a little behind.

Current Record: 3 - 4 - 1

iceminers26

good job

vegasfred

NBA Picks 11/22

After an up and down football weekend, I am back in the NBA.

I am going Lakers/OKC Over 199.5.

With Pau back in the lineup, it looks like these guys are hitting on offense. I think OKC has the firepower to keep up somewhat and at worst probably just need to get into the 90's to cover this total.

koby25
    koby25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Good luck vegasfred

vegasfred

A bad call on the Over tonight. OKC is tough to read. A lot of talent that is just inconsistent. Just dreadful shooting from the start

The forum record for NBA drops to 3-5-1

SportsTerminator
    SportsTerminator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

You'll get'em tomorrow.

vegasfred

NBA Picks 11/23

Time to rebound!!

Today I'm going with 4 totals.

Spurs/Bucks Under 191.5
    Blazers/Bulls Over 184.5
    Kings/Grizz Over 205
    Clippers/Minn Over 191.5

It looks like the Spurs are back to their slow down, defensive style. If any team can dictate tempo especially at home, it's the Spurs. The Bucks are versatile and usually play to their opponents speed.

I played the Bulls Under a few days ago and paid. They have been low scoring, and the Blazers don't push either. But I think Chicago has found a little offensive rhythm during this road trip. Not enough to be crashing through the century mark regularly, but enough to crack this low total. Don't be surprised if the Blazers hover around the century mark against a mediocre defensive team.

Kings like to push the pace a little, and play little defense of the other side. The young memphis lineup can keep pace and aren't afraid to gun. Look for both teams to crack the 100 point plateau and beat this total.

Clips/Wolves are two defensively challenged teams. In the battle of bad offenses vs bad defenses, I usually side with bad offenses to prevail.

vegasfred

NBA Picks 11/24

2 - 2 last night. I completely misread the Bucks and Spurs and the Wolves had an offensive meltdown in the second half. Oh well, just keep on truckin'.

Record: 5-7-1

Tonight I'm going with:

Denver Under 203.5
    Golden State +13

I don't trust the NJ offense at all in this contest. They are a train wreck on offense. Before their 91 point OUTBURST against the defensively challenged Knicks on Saturday, they had been averaging 79 points a game in the previous 6. 79!!!! While the Nuggets can definitely score points in bunches, don't be surprised to see a heavy dose of the deep bench in the 4th quarter when the game gets out of hand.

The warriors aren't going to win a ton of games this year, but they haven't been getting blown out by any means on a regular basis and they have the firepower on the bench to make a backdoor cover if needed if the game gets out of hand late. The Mavs are playing great at the end of games and pulling off wins, but not overshelming opponents. They have won their last 4 by a combined total of 14 points, and 2 have gone into OT. I'll take the bakers dozen.

vegasfred

NBA Picks 11/25

I nice 2-0 night last night. It's nice when the handicap falls the way you envision. Though I admit I didn't see GS winning outright against Dallas.

The record is now short by the juice at 7-7-1.

A BIG card today. A lot of games sticking out for me.

Raptors +2.5
    Bucks/Hornets Over 201
    Nuggets/Wolves Under 202

The Bobcats have played better since the addition of S.Jax to the team, losing three on the road in close contests then breaking the 7 game losing streak with a win at home against the Pacers. In fact, they are a respectable 4-2 at home this year. The Raptors conversely have been 2-6 on the road. These are some of the reasons they are getting points here in Charlotte. But a look back at their schedule, Toronto has had it tough. Of their 8 losses, 7 are on the road against Dallas, Denver, Phoenix, San Antonio, and Utah, and home twice against Orlando. Respectable. Bottom line: Toronto is better than their record and should get an outright win vs an inferior opponent.

The Hornets are living off their rep from last year of being a defensive force playing slow ball. They are not playing like that this year. Even with CP3 out, this team has found a balanced offensive attack and are scoring the ball well from all positions. The Bucks have been playing well on the offensive side, and with Bogut out they're playing even more up tempo. Both teams should cross the century mark in this one.

The Nuggets play better defense then they get credit for especially against the lower echelon teams. This handicap is similar to last night against the Nets. Wolves are miserable on offense and don't be surprised to see the end of the Denver bench logging some 4th quarter minutes when this one goes one sided.
    Last edited by vegasfred; 11-26-09 at 09:32 AM.