SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

has this ever happened before? east vs west teams

right now only two teams in the east with a positive record while in the west only two teams with a negative record

i know its early, but looking at the teams realistically, the only teams in the east that have a chance of going over .500 are the bulls, maybe atlanta and washington

but at the end of the year there might be 3-4 teams from the east that make it to the playoffs with a negative record

has there ever been a team with a negative record having home field advantage in the playoffs?

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Posted a thread on this about 10 days ago.

Don't think it has ever happened, can't imagine that. It may happen this year but I'm not so sure. I'd say 45 wins to get homecourt.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Meh, 45 may be a stretch, that's 8 games over .500

42 or 43 would be a better guess.

losschaser
    losschaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chicago and Atlanta will likely end up with positive records.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Posted a thread on this about 10 days ago.

Don't think it has ever happened, can't imagine that. It may happen this year but I'm not so sure. I'd say 45 wins to get homecourt.
    sorry, didnt see thread

i guess there is almost zero chance of that happening, i think teams play more games from their conference, so east teams at some point will start playing a lot of east teams and will be able to rack up some wins, but what a sorry excuse for a conference, if it wasnt for the pacers to contend with miami, it would be too sad to be amusing how bad the east sucks