t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

When will the Thunder wise up and bench Kendrick Perkins

This guy brings absolutely nothing to the table. He used to at least bring some rebounding and defense when he was younger but a guy with this little skill does not belong in anyone's starting lineup.

Watching him get just destroyed on both ends tonight. Can't get position on Jordan down low to grab rebounds and blowing layups on the offensive end.

What purpose does this guy even serve? Time for OKC to turn to the draft pick Adams.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Couldn't agree more. OKC is stuck with a contract no one wants.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Couldn't agree more. OKC is stuck with a contract no one wants.

Doesn't mean he needs to be on the court this much. Every player has a shelf-life. A guy with his little skill has a very short shelf-life. Once he can't rebound/defend like he used to he's done. It's like they're obligated to play him lol.

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

I said I was going to stop being a Thunder fan in 2012 thanks to him. I was obviously kiding although it has been very difficult to root for the Thunder or to bet them with him playing more than 10 minuts per game. This said, I have no doubt Steven Adams will be starting before the season's over and hopefully very, very soon.

And to think that we traded Kristic and Green for him. I mean. I mean. I'm gonna die of brain cancer if I think about this trade.

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

he is needed in the playoffs. there is a reason why both boston and okc went far with him. not everything is stats

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingLuckCharm View Post
    he is needed in the playoffs. there is a reason why both boston and okc went far with him. not everything is stats
    Dude. You're kidding, right?

JM92

Yes. He is even worse than the stats show. Why his he needed in the playoffs? To drag the Thunder back? In boston he at least was able to rebound and guard Howard and other post players, right now he can't even do that.

WalkingLuckCharm

true, but in reg season with boston he was fking useless too if memory serves me correct. he is one of the players that help the players around him get better. its no coincidence that two of the most regarded basketball teams that are known for their quality picking of players both chose perkins in spite of the world saying how useless he is (boston and okc).

WalkingLuckCharm

but that being said i fking hate perkins too, but his value to teams in playoffs is clear

t-wizzle

Come on bro. Perkins doesn't make anyone better. He's useless at this point. It's not 2008 anymore.

totallypsycho
    totallypsycho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4904

pre injury perkins lived up to his reputation and then some, post injury perkins heh lol

WalkingLuckCharm

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Come on bro. Perkins doesn't make anyone better. He's useless at this point. It's not 2008 anymore.
    really think he brings a mental toughness to the team with his ugly face.

t-wizzle

really think he brings a mental toughness to the team with his ugly face.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Yeah Perkins is the biggest waste of space. Presti is looking pretty bad with the Green/Perkins trade and the Harden/Martin trade. I know there was no chance they could keep that core of Westbrook/KD/Green/Harden, at least get something in return.

I was a big Presti fan, but the last couple years he has driven this team into the ground.

And yes, Perkins is garbage. Waste of a roster spot.

aireent777
    aireent777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10732

And he smells too.

Rustyglobes
    Rustyglobes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Yeah Perkins is the biggest waste of space. Presti is looking pretty bad with the Green/Perkins trade and the Harden/Martin trade. I know there was no chance they could keep that core of Westbrook/KD/Green/Harden, at least get something in return.

I was a big Presti fan, but the last couple years he has driven this team into the ground.

And yes, Perkins is garbage. Waste of a roster spot.

I wouldn't be so quick to write Presti off just yet, he has done a pretty good job in regards to drafting players who will fit well into the OKC system. Reggie Jackson, Lamb and Adams will be major contributors to the Thunder for years to come.

The team is still very young and as long as Westbrooke and KD stay for the long haul the the Thunder will win a championshiop sooner rather then later. Players like Perkins and Fisher are on the team for their leadership qualities more so then what they provide on court, I agree with the above sentiment that Perkins minutes should be reduced especially the closer play offs time comes but to throw Adams into the deep end head first is just not neccesary at the moment as we continue to win games.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyglobes View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to write Presti off just yet, he has done a pretty good job in regards to drafting players who will fit well into the OKC system. Reggie Jackson, Lamb and Adams will be major contributors to the Thunder for years to come.

The team is still very young and as long as Westbrooke and KD stay for the long haul the the Thunder will win a championshiop sooner rather then later. Players like Perkins and Fisher are on the team for their leadership qualities more so then what they provide on court, I agree with the above sentiment that Perkins minutes should be reduced especially the closer play offs time comes but to throw Adams into the deep end head first is just not neccesary at the moment as we continue to win games.
    He definitely has an eye for talent. There is no doubt he can draft.

WalkingLuckCharm

IMO I think the only thing okc is missing is a sixth man. Still remember when okc lost to heat in finals they could have easily won and I thought they were actually the better team. I still remember a couple of last minute calls which were wrong in two games that led to a heat steal.
    With ibaka scoring 15-20 PTs, okc only need defenders in their starting line up that don't score too much.

NJN86
    NJN86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 625

After watching both games last night I couldn't help but think to myself... How sick would it be if Joakim Noah was on OKC instead of Chicago???

WalkingLuckCharm

Fk yeah that would be awesome. Even asik or varejeo

JM92

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyglobes View Post

Presti has been a great general manager for th Thunder, no doubt. Actually, the whole organization has been splendid, and people forget this is not all about basketball. This doesn't mean though, that we should overlook what were two bad trades by the thunder, one of them, absolutely horrific and if not for pre-made concepts of Perkins being a good defender and that you actually need a good post defender in the playoffs (the Heat must love this concept) that trade could easily go down as one of the worst in history. The Thunder basically gave Jeff Green away for nothing. Kristic was a better center than Perkins. At least he could score. Was he a good defender? Hell no. But Perkins hasn't been much better either. Nate Robinson has excepted came back and went away. And the Thunder also gave a round pick. I mean, steal much Danny Ainge?? The Harden trade wasn't that much better. While they did get round picks and Lamb, its hard for me to think that, had they searched a little longer, they would've found someone they were sure to commit. I mean, that trade looked good, it really did... until the moment Kevin Martin took a dump on the Thunder and has even taken a shot at Durant saying that he feels much better when he doesn't have someone trying to win the scoring title playing with him.

So, not all is perfect, and while I can say the Harden trade was a fair one (although I think they could've got better for sure), the Perkins trade might easily be seen in the future as the reason this team will never win a title (in the 10 year span started at '10)

WalkingLuckCharm

Imagine David lee got replaced by dirk. Insta contender

JM92

By the way, before Chandler went to the Mavs, he could've been a Thunder if not for a failed physical. Now that, would've been awesome.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

if only they knew how overrated perk was and got rid of him instead of harden and get someone like birdman they could maybe be a dynasty

Yerba Lurker
    Yerba Lurker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 267

Perkins backers just feel bad for him because he looks sad and they know his story of "being the best teammate"

Bench til playoffs it is.

NJN86
    NJN86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 625

Fk yeah that would be awesome. Even asik or varejeo
    Trade for Asik maybe?

JM92

We don't have anyone they'd want. Unless they'd care to amnesty Perkins, if I'm not mistaken they still have the clause. Maybe Perry Jones, but now that they finally realised how good T-Jones is, I doubt it.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
    I said I was going to stop being a Thunder fan in 2012 thanks to him. I was obviously kiding although it has been very difficult to root for the Thunder or to bet them with him playing more than 10 minuts per game. This said, I have no doubt Steven Adams will be starting before the season's over and hopefully very, very soon.

And to think that we traded Kristic and Green for him. I mean. I mean. I'm gonna die of brain cancer if I think about this trade.
    Yeah, OKC could definitely use Jeff Green coming off the bench right now.

With that said, the Perkins move was made for one reason and that was to get past Gasol and Bynum in the playoffs. It worked that one year but now it's killing the Thunder and the Lakers aren't the team OKC needs to get by.

Perkins has no offense at all and now he can't even really defend and rebound like he used to. He is a liability.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
    By the way, before Chandler went to the Mavs, he could've been a Thunder if not for a failed physical. Now that, would've been awesome.
    Yes. That was so close to happening. I was pissed when it didn't.

Could you imagine having Chandler in the Finals that one year instead of Perkins? I'm not sure it changes things but it would have helped.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Yes. That was so close to happening. I was pissed when it didn't.

Could you imagine having Chandler in the Finals that one year instead of Perkins? I'm not sure it changes things but it would have helped.
    Dirk would still be chasing a ring too.

JM92

Yeah, OKC could definitely use Jeff Green coming off the bench right now.

With that said, the Perkins move was made for one reason and that was to get past Gasol and Bynum in the playoffs. It worked that one year but now it's killing the Thunder and the Lakers aren't the team OKC needs to get by.

Perkins has no offense at all and now he can't even really defend and rebound like he used to. He is a liability.
    Dude, let's not kid ourselves, it wasn't Perkins that got the Thunder through those series. Perkins DRTG in that series was basically the same as the rest of the team, 104. His OFFRTG? 87. Durant's and Westbrook? 119 and 123. Im not saying those 27 mins a game weren't important to pester Bynum specially, who was good but not that much in that series, but we could've lived with Kristic there I'm pretty sure. And the worst is that he was traded for with the objective of giving him those 8M. Green would've likely signed for that... hell, we would have not needed to trade away Harden! And the Heat are living proof we could've gone off easily if we had Westy, Thabo, Harden, Durant and Ibaka playing 30mins together. Anyway, I don't want to get in assumption mode. The facts are clear: Perkins is garbage, the trade was garbage, giving 8M after he had already shown he was garbage, was equally bad.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

I've been saying this for years. This guy is one of the worst starters in the NBA.